PDA

View Full Version : TV Casting - The New Way?

RawTV
12-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey everyone - Apologies that this is off-topic but I'm trying to get the word out about this project.

I'm working for Raw TV, the makers of Gold Rush Alaska and Locked Up Abroad. We're searching for people to feature as part of a new series for a major US cable television network. The official casting notice is below, feel free to pass along to anyone you think would be interested. Shoot me an email if you have any questions. And yes, this is the real deal.
Many thanks,
Cheyanne

CASTING:
Do you have the spirit of a pioneer? Are you fed up with the world you live in today and imagine another - better - way to live? Do you and your family and friends ever talk about leaving society we know it, leaving it all behind and building a new world off the grid,with the frontier grit of your forefathers? If you are passionate about your beliefs and would be willing to share them with a national TV audience we would love to talk to you.

If this sounds like you, whether you have a plan in action, have a more long term dream or are already living out on the frontier, please email your contact details and a brief description of your situation to:
casting@rawtelevision.co.uk

eagle326
12-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Sure thing guy. But you will not show my face . Also it will not be in my A.O. Too many gotcha people out there.

Have a good day Raw TV

As Always:
Eagle326

izzyscout21
12-26-2011, 09:43 PM
interesting.............

Evolver
12-26-2011, 10:04 PM
No Bare Chills (Bear Grills) here just someone thats prepping for anything that might happen with no embellishment.

RedJohn
12-26-2011, 10:43 PM
IP is in the USA, you guys seem to find it interesting and it does not have a spam pattern. I will leave it up.

izzyscout21
12-26-2011, 11:22 PM
way I figure it, If it's legit and it's done better than the Doomsday Preppers deal, I'm all for it

Fatty
12-27-2011, 12:10 PM
No thank you:)

Gunfixr
12-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Sounds like fun except for the being on tv part.

Had my wife, son and a couple friends trying to convince me to try out for Top Shot, but I don't really want to be on tv. I don't really think I'm good enough either, but they aren't convinced.

ANEURYSM
12-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Might be big brother out fishing.

a big no thanks from my end.

RedJohn
12-27-2011, 03:38 PM

Had my wife, son and a couple friends trying to convince me to try out for Top Shot, but I don't really want to be on tv. I don't really think I'm good enough either, but they aren't convinced.

Honestly, when you look at it, and not even close, Top Shot ain't that hard. Most of these guys never shot any of the weapons they got. And when you hear them complaining about a FAL that they can't shoot because it is not an M4, give me a break. Align the freaking sight and pull the trigger. As for the rest, you cannot do worth than they did. A new gun? You learn and adapt. You don't throw it because you don't like it.

Man, most of these guy would have died if they had been with me in Africa in the 80's.

izzyscout21
12-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Might be big brother out fishing.

a big no thanks from my end.

If I were worried about "big brother", an internet survival forum would be my last choice as a hangout spot.

Gunfixr
12-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I did look at it. Watched the whole first season, turned off cable before season 2 started.
You're right, I could do pretty much all of it without any real trouble, they were easy shots. I could never outshoot the IPSC master in a speed pistol shoot, or the long range marksman in a sniper-style shoot, but overall, I'd be ok. I already knew how to run everything they'd picked up.

Don't know if I'd choke in front of a bunch of cameras. Don't mind folks standing around watching.
Could sure use the money, and it did look like fun.
Definitely not interested in all the drama. Shoot your best, one wins, the rest lose. If you're not the one, suck it up and go home. If your friends have something to say, well they weren't there and you were, right?

RedJohn
12-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Don't take me wrong, I watched the 3 seasons, archived them all and am eagerly waiting for the 4th season.

You know, the IPSC shooters had no IPSC shooting to do. They are as good throwing stones as you are.

Stormfeather
12-28-2011, 02:08 AM

I actually know several members of the Top Shot cast. Quite a few recruited out of California. One of which who I kicked his ass in shooting on a regular basis any day of the week. never thought of trying out for it though til after he told me he had made it onto the show! Give it a try, you may be surprised just how bad some of the competition actually is if you are a well rounded shooter.

RawTV
12-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone - I'm traveling this week but wanted to check in on this. I'm in the NY office of Raw TV and this is for a US network. Feel free to email with any other questions. I'd also love any leads for other boards we should be reading. Thanks casting@rawtelevision.co.uk

eagle326
12-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone - I'm traveling this week but wanted to check in on this. I'm in the NY office of Raw TV and this is for a US network. Feel free to email with any other questions. I'd also love any leads for other boards we should be reading. Thanks casting@rawtelevision.co.uk

In all honesty your series would probably be good if done right. Showing people the ups and downs of prepping ; But showing your set up would just invite trouble if things do go south .
Wish you the best of luck in your search for the right people. Personally if a member of this site did your show I think they would have all the go to knowledge of all of their family members here.

As I said good luck in your search and I personally will give it a watch.

Eagle326

Gunfixr
01-02-2012, 02:07 AM
I actually know several members of the Top Shot cast. Quite a few recruited out of California. One of which who I kicked his ass in shooting on a regular basis any day of the week. never thought of trying out for it though til after he told me he had made it onto the show! Give it a try, you may be surprised just how bad some of the competition actually is if you are a well rounded shooter.

Well, that's the thing. I'm not great at anything, but can pick up and make hits and run just about anything. But then, that was all I was after all along.
To know that no matter what I got my hands on, I could either keep the pantry stocked, or keep myself and family defended.

izzyscout21
01-03-2012, 01:55 AM
I wanna get on Top SHot.........my family could use the money. On the other hand, I would have beat the hell out of Jake last season. Maybe its better that I'm not.

Stormfeather
01-14-2012, 02:10 AM
So just out of curiosity, I emailed and talked to Cheyanne, shes the one who posted here. Its actually a legit thing, they are looking for folks who have actually gone off grid. While I am not a match for the program, she was very open and upfront about what they was looking for. I sent her some links and gave her some direction on places she could look to, to find folks that are already offline. She was however very interested in the preppers movement and asked that if they decide to go that route, would it be ok to talk to me about being on the show? It was a great conversation and told her I was interested, if anything for shits and giggles!

ladyhk13
01-14-2012, 02:37 AM
Honestly, when you look at it, and not even close, Top Shot ain't that hard. Most of these guys never shot any of the weapons they got. And when you hear them complaining about a FAL that they can't shoot because it is not an M4, give me a break. Align the freaking sight and pull the trigger. As for the rest, you cannot do worth than they did. A new gun? You learn and adapt. You don't throw it because you don't like it.

Man, most of these guy would have died if they had been with me in Africa in the 80's.

Plus look who won the las season! A CHRISTIAN CAMP COUNSILOR! He was just a kid having fun. Goes to show that attitude and faith can go a really long way.

ladyhk13
01-14-2012, 02:46 AM
I read this to duh hubs and he said "Uh NO, off the grid means off the grid...not on TV" which I guess sums it up for most people who want to leave the gov't out of our lives as much as possible. People who like the attention will love to do this.

izzyscout21
01-14-2012, 03:41 AM
People who like the attention will love to do this.

or need the money...........

Stormfeather
01-14-2012, 04:10 AM
or need the money...........

Thats what I was thinking!

Sparrow
01-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm getting my BOL offline, but NO WAY would I have it on TV. Even though it is going to be kinda sweet a pad within the next year. Back to 1900 technology back ups with present day on grid for the day to day ... so just in case of 'crisis' things will be cozy here.

You should give Tom Cruise a shout out, his place in Telluride is all off grid way up on a mountain there. There was no road for a long time - had to fly in all the building materials.

izzyscout21
01-14-2012, 08:53 PM
You should give Tom Cruise a shout out, his place in Telluride is all off grid way up on a mountain there. There was no road for a long time - had to fly in all the building materials.

he had to keep it that way so Katie couldn't run away...........

Sparrow
01-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Common misconception. Check this blog, I know the writer of it, she is a cutie-patootie. Katie Holmes is wack. Total borderline personality. She'd get kicked out of my MAG pretty quick. LOLz

Free Tom Cruise (http://freetomcruise.blogspot.com/)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BCIVnO7JILk/TjdkAOsfygI/AAAAAAAAAHc/7_dTJNiTtC4/s1600/Tom_Cruise_Katie_Holmes_People_of_Walmart_text.jpg

ladyhk13
01-16-2012, 03:49 AM
I don't know many people that like him or would bother to go see his latest Mission Impossible #150....guess that's the only thing he can do. The guy is a freak.

bacpacker
01-16-2012, 04:16 AM
I totally agree, she gotta be a wack job to stay with him.

ak474u
01-16-2012, 04:59 AM

I was surprised how pigeon-holed some of the cast members were as far as experience with a diverse collection of weapons, archery guys don't always shoot, and shooters don't always do the archery thing so that I understand. It's the guys who were (Insert Spec Ops Branch Here) that have trained with weapons from other countries for the purpose of familiarization, and working with indigenous peoples that killed me to watch. I kinda feel like one of the other posters, it's a rifle, point it at something, and shoot, It'd take me exactly 3 bullets to figure out any of the guns they used in the challenges, but some of those guys just weren't diverse. I don't care if you shoot for Glock, and you're a grand master shooter, if you can't run a shotgun, you need to diversify.