PDA

View Full Version : National Agricultural Classification Survey NASS

bacpacker
01-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Has anyone else ever gotten one of these, National Agricultural Classification Survey NASS? I'have never heard of it or know anyone who has. I got mine last Friday and since then have been seeing several folks on some other forums who have gotten them either for the first time this year or in years past.

Does anyone know anything about them? It says returning the survey is required by law, sort of like the census.

Evolver
01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Never heard or seen a thing about them until your post. That's not saying much due to the fact we are smack dab in the middle of a city. :o

Sniper-T
01-12-2012, 11:33 AM
returning it might be required by law... but honesty filling it out isnt! Careful!

ETA: seems legit...
NASS - Surveys (http://www.nass.usda.gov/Surveys/index.asp)

but I'd still be careful with how much info you are voluntarily giving to the gov't

helomech
01-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I got one.In fact I haven't even opened it, looked like junk mail to me. If they are telling me I have to fill it out, then there is no way in hell I am filling it out. If it is voluntary, I might.

bacpacker
01-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I was kinda thinking that myself.

Grumpy Old Man
01-13-2012, 04:54 PM
If you have ever claimed agriculture as a business you will get one. I got them every year when I was buying and selling horses. my brother gets them every year because he has 40 acres that he raises black walnuts on. It doesn't matter that he's never sold a tree, he had income from selling the walnuts some number of years ago. He hasn't sold any walnuts for a long while, but he's still in their data base.

When I got out of the horse business, I filled out the form and stated that I was no longer in business and they did not pester me after that. But, that was 8 years ago. I don't know what the rules are now. You may have gotten it because you have an acreage or the .gov is data mining to see who bites.

Remember, to be gray one must appear to be cooperative!