PDA

View Full Version : Old SHTF site

eagle326
01-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Went to When SHTF site to look around a bit and it says account suspended. Has anyone else seen this? Just curious.

RedJohn
01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Looks like they forgot to pay the bill.

izzyscout21
01-13-2012, 03:56 PM
lolz

mollypup
01-13-2012, 06:53 PM
I hope it never comes back on-line. I haven't been back there since I was BANNED!!! :p

eagle326
01-13-2012, 07:02 PM

That's kind of what I thought Red John.

mitunnelrat
01-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh hell, this thread just reminded me of something. Last time I tried opening that site my AV blocked it (AVG Free on firefox), stating it was infected with a trojan. Considering my last laptop was fubar from viruses, there's a good possibility that's true. That probably won't make too many people feel better, especially for anybody active on there, but perhaps its for the better that they're down...

MegaCPC
01-13-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm an active member on that site but lately it's become a clusterfawk of political threads and not as much preparedness discussion.

Which is why I've been hanging around here lately, reading and learning.

RedJohn
01-13-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm an active member on that site but lately it's become a clusterfawk of political threads and not as much preparedness discussion.

This is a banable offense over there.

RedJohn
01-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Oh hell, this thread just reminded me of something. Last time I tried opening that site my AV blocked it (AVG Free on firefox), stating it was infected with a trojan. Considering my last laptop was fubar from viruses, there's a good possibility that's true. That probably won't make too many people feel better, especially for anybody active on there, but perhaps its for the better that they're down...

To this day, they still say that I am the one responsible for that. They tell everybody that I implented a virus on the site because I am a mean individual that cannot let go of the site I formerly admined.

eagle326
01-13-2012, 11:41 PM

I agree Mega CPC ; Have a few friends there that I like to check on. But yes they seem to be going off kilter as to prepping. That's why I love this site . Straight talk and prepping first.

piranha2
01-13-2012, 11:53 PM
I have not looked, but I hope mine is suspended also.

LUNCHBOX
01-14-2012, 12:01 AM
I feel dirty just thinking about checking to see if I'm banned. Oh well, I don't need to know either way.

The Stig
01-14-2012, 12:11 AM

I'm glad that our approach of focusing on the prepping and leaving the wackadoo crap to others is appealing to you. Thanks for spending time with us and look forward to getting to know you better.

RedJohn
01-14-2012, 12:14 AM
BINGO!

Like I said above, I was suspected to have something to do with the fact they were down. Apparently they paid the bills but their provider stopped the site for a supposed malware. I was of course blamed for it and of course Chip called the guy he bought the site from and told him he was going to sue him because he thought that I was responsible for it.

That's what happens when you have a cowboy and a plumber trying to run a website.

Shit something just went thru my head: The admins are a cowboy, an indian and cop. Just missing a worker and we have the Village People running that website! No wonder!!

Gunfixr
01-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Mollypup banned from a site?
Really???
RedJohn, you were an admin there? When?
Just curious. I was a Mod there for some time, but it was a few years back, when Matt ran the place. He had an assistant admin, cannot remember his name, kind of a secretive fellow.
I had some serious family issues come up, and had to quit, I pretty much quit everywhere I was going online.

Twitchy
01-14-2012, 12:23 AM

Geez I thought they would have fixed that by now... Oh well... maybe we will get more members here! :rolleyes:

I was banned soon after RedJohn left... I am also blamed for different happenings at that site... hell i was accused of just about at RJ was, less the lawsuit threats...

ETA: They are back...

RedJohn
01-14-2012, 12:39 AM
RedJohn, you were an admin there? When?
Just curious. I was a Mod there for some time, but it was a few years back, when Matt ran the place. He had an assistant admin, cannot remember his name, kind of a secretive fellow.

That was me. I think you know me from FSN too.

Twitchy
01-14-2012, 12:42 AM
A good point i just remembered to ask, why did i ever get any of the blame of anything put on me as i was simply a moderator :|

ravensgrove
01-14-2012, 01:04 AM
BINGO!

Shit something just went thru my head: The admins are a cowboy, an indian and cop. Just missing a worker and we have the Village People running that website! No wonder!!

They hated me there....I told the new owner if he was in the same room with me and told me to "not get my panties ina bind little girl" I would have beat the crap out of him.....and then I was deleted...lol. But apparently, I have a profile there still someone told me...but for months I was deleted. I had so many problems there with the wackadoo crowd, and everytime I tried to add in a voice of reason and actual prepping I was told I was a girl so didn't know what I was talking about...and then had my posts deleted and rude things left in their place...so I gave up. Sure this will sound arrogant and all...but LOOK if you don't want ME, ME....on a prepping site...you're a moron and deserve to die with the sheeple...sorry. I am wealth of information, and an even kiltered voice of reason...if you can't get along with me...F off....I am about the easiest person in the world to get along with....and I prep all day long every day as a lifestyle...so guess what I DON'T HAVE TIME TO COMB THE INTERWEBZ WITH MY TINHAT ON. I continually loudly questioned that anyone prepped at all on that site based for the sheer time they spent there.

RedJohn
01-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Their loss, our gain.

The Stig
01-14-2012, 01:11 AM
I had so many problems there with the wackadoo crowd, and everytime I tried to add in a voice of reason and actual prepping I was told I was a girl so didn't know what I was talking about...and then had my posts deleted and rude things left in their place...so I gave up. Sure this will sound arrogant and all...but LOOK if you don't want ME, ME....on a prepping site...you're a moron and deserve to die with the sheeple...sorry. I am wealth of information, and an even kiltered voice of reason...if you can't get along with me...F off....I am about the easiest person in the world to get along with....and I prep all day long every day as a lifestyle...so guess what I DON'T HAVE TIME TO COMB THE INTERWEBZ WITH MY TINHAT ON. I continually loudly questioned that anyone prepped at all on that site based for the sheer time they spent there.

If neither of us were hitched I'd want you to be my cyber wife.

Gunfixr
01-14-2012, 01:37 AM
Well then, RedJohn, hello again. Guess now I know how you came to send me that email about here. I just had kinda ignored it at first, as I didn't recognize who you were. Then, I had gotten a pm from GB69 that he was leaving, and coming here. Figured this place must be real, and came to check it out.
I remember Verstang 86 as well. I think he showed up about the time I had left.
Apparently, I had gone away just before it all went south.

Oh, RedJohn, if you remember what was going on at home, why I had taken a leave, it may be of interest to know we made it through.

Twitchy
01-14-2012, 01:45 AM
i went by another name over at whenshtf... :rolleyes: