PDA

View Full Version : Sparrow Update!

Sparrow
01-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey All!!

I just thought I would give a quick update about your favorite little bird: Sparrow! ;)

After two weeks away I am just back in the middle-of-nowhere at the project house now, which I LOVE. So, I will be online more. I have a renewed motivation to get some serious work done on this house! My timeline is 3 months ... 4 at the max to get it done and ready to be left and back at a 9-5.

So, I will be online ... but my work scheduled will be grueling!

I am here to learn some stuff, ... and I have met some nice people. And thanks for the concern everything is fine over here! :D

Oh, also, ... for work on this house, I am continuing to take pictures so when I get a better grasp of the work I am thinking of putting up a farmhouse tread ... but please be patient! Rome wasn't built in a day! Plus I x-country skii and we've had some beautiful powder up here - my skis are ones from breaking my own trail ... so it is awesome but takes time away form renos!

Sniper-T
01-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Welcome back!

Sparrow
01-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Welcome back!

Up for a chat T-man?! I put up and album on my hotmail with house pictures that I am using to get ideas and totally needz ur opinion!!!

Stormfeather
01-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Sparrow?!?!? Who is this Sparrow person you speak of? Do we know this Sparrow person? It couldnt possibly be the Sparrow that used to hang out and socialize with us, and talk with us, and share ideas. . . because she wouldnt abandon us and leave us hanging for weeks on end! (well, week and a half, almost 2 weeks. . .)

Welcome back Sparrow! Glad to hear all is good with ya! No worries, all is forgiven! (LOL!) We all know sometimes life makes other things a priority when you least expect it, so we just learn to roll with the punches! Glad to see ya back, although I didnt know you was gone!

bacpacker
01-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Crap I thought you fell off the face of the earth or something :) Glad yo are back. Sounds like a good time on the ski's. Looking forward to the farmhouse updates.

Grumpy Old Man
01-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome Home! I was worried because you don't write and don't call! * shakes head muttering "Kids nowadays"

ravensgrove
01-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Well...I always knew where you were ;)

Stormfeather
01-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Welcome Home! I was worried because you don't write and don't call! * shakes head muttering "Kids nowadays"

LOL, I feel this way all the time!

Welcome back Sparrow!

Sniper-T
01-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Um... due to some issues she had with the mods over a couple of her posts, I dare say that Sparrow is no longer with us.

I, for one, miss her twisted sense of humour, and her in general; And would welcome her back, but I have it on pretty good authority (her email) that she is done here. :(

The Stig
01-26-2012, 02:03 PM
There is nothing I love more than internet drama bullshit.

Sparrow made a quip about poisoning fat Americans and a member of staff sent her a private note asking her to choose her words more carefully. She then posted a thread in the open forum making snotty comments about people not getting her humor instead of taking ownership of her actions. Subsequently a different staff member sent her another private note in an attempt to calm things down. All sorts of high school drama ensued.

Now imagine if I had posted a shitty comment about killing Canadians and tried to play it off as dark humor I doubt people would find it funny. If I then compounded the error by posting a snotty thread like a petulant child I think the amusement level would be even less.

I didn't take kindly to the snotty thread attempting to stir up shit in a perfectly calm forum. I certainly don't like stirring up shit after you've "left" a forum.

I have to run but that is the situation.

Sniper-T
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I am not condoning nor defending her actions. Just stating that she's gone, without putting any drama into it.

:(
btw, what did we Canadians do to you??

rofl

The Stig
01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
None of my ire is directed towards you Sniper. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

And we love our Canadian brothers and sisters. You gave us Strange Brew.

Sniper-T
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
bwahahahahaha

I know Stig. We're cool!

izzyscout21
01-26-2012, 03:04 PM
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/demotivational-meanwhile-in-canada.jpg

Sniper-T
01-26-2012, 03:14 PM
^ it certainly wouldn't be a camera that I'd shoot that critter with. That's some good eats right there!

And yes, I mean the one on the right!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/tracirockergirl/canada_funny_1.jpg

Stormfeather
01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Wow. sorry I missed this about Sparrow. I kind of wish cooler heads would have prevailed. I have a pretty warped ass sense of humor as well, more geared towards gallows humor I guess. So I saw nothing wrong in her posts, but then again, I missed the entire conversation as well. Too bad.

The Stig
01-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Wow. sorry I missed this about Sparrow. I kind of wish cooler heads would have prevailed. I have a pretty warped ass sense of humor as well, more geared towards gallows humor I guess. So I saw nothing wrong in her posts, but then again, I missed the entire conversation as well. Too bad.

Just got in from a six hour drive. Fun stuff.

The issue wasn't the gallows humor. The issue was that when a staff member politely asked her to choose her words more carefully she felt the need to throw up a hissy-fit in the open forum. I do not take kindly to anybody who blatantly tries to disrupt this forum. There were other "behind the scenes" matters as well.

I don't like to share the details of these matters in the open because it validates those seeking to create drama (and perpetuates it). However, the issue came up and I didn't want it to fester all day. That, and you all are mature enough to handle the information without a big shit-storm developing.

None the less, I too am unhappy when any member decides to "leave" our home. I wish we could have found some middle-ground but it was probably best that we all go our separate ways in the short-term. We're not for everybody.

Grumpy Old Man
01-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Sometimes hard decisions have to be made. Sometimes people hold onto an untenable position. And sometimes people are just plain self centered.

I know nothing of the conflict or drama. What I do know is that I liked Sparrow's posts, but IF she was sowing discord, that cannot be tolerated. We all have a hard enough time in daily life to let dissension enter our ranks here.We have a fairly harmonious community here, and I, for one, would like to keep it that way! I am jealous of my safe haven here. I want to keep it harmonious.

I am sorry Sparrow decided to leave, but if we can't follow the rules then perhaps we need to leave for a while to cool off. We don't always have to accept what another says, but we do need to remember our manners and practice civil discourse amongst ourselves.

If we don't, then we are no better than the sheeple that, I believe, we all detest/dislike/pity.

LUNCHBOX
01-27-2012, 06:31 AM
I too missed the issue but trust the staffs decisions here. I'm with Grumpy in this, you can't let some corrective criticism push you away from a good place.....but you can't always say exactly what you want also. This isn't some closed door discussion or ftf meeting. There are a lot of variables that go into a site like this and you have to know your time and place. There have been some newbees that seemed to try to push some issues in the past and I'm not staff but even I wanted to say something and had to pick my comments properly. Besides, if we can't get along now as a close like minded colony then there's no chance later.

Sorry to see any "real" prepping member go. We also need the ladies opinions.

bacpacker
01-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm with grumpy and LB,had no idea there was any issue. I hate to see sparrow leave, been friends with her a good year before we came hear and liked reading some of her ideas. Ultimatly though keeping this a functional site is more important than any of us.

Stormfeather
01-27-2012, 10:26 AM
I too, have to echo the past 3 comments, all of you said it much more eloquently than I ever could. I will admit im very sad to see her go, but ultimately, its everyones choice on how to act and talk, and we all have to accept responsibility for our own actions and words. Hopefully a change of heart/mindset will happen in the future, and we all can get past it, I for one, would prefer our happy family stays intact.

RedJohn
01-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I for one, would prefer our happy family stays intact.

I am the same, but sometimes we have to do things that we don't want to. I would have intervened in her favor if I had not received her email. I hate for this to happen and wish it never had.

realist
01-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Ya do what ya gota do. Sometimes it sucks to be in charge.............

Stormfeather
01-27-2012, 10:43 PM
yes, sometimes you have to cut slingload to make mission.

ladyhk13
01-27-2012, 10:50 PM
She had her time here but is gone and so we shall now move on. Those who do not wish to play nice or feel above the group as a whole have no place in the community. Better to weed them out and embrace the new members and look to the future instead of to the past.

RedJohn
01-27-2012, 11:05 PM
With this, I believe this thread has outlived its usefulness, so I am closing it.