PDA

View Full Version : Scary movies

piranha2
01-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Do yall watch that shit? My daughter and SIL watch them all the time. I am 60 years old and I can't watch them. I like to sleep at night. Hell, my dreams are bad enough as it is.

I would rather dive at night with the sharks.

bacpacker
01-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Saw the first halloween movie and other than a great shot of Jamie Lee Curtis :) the movie stunk. I don't bother with them since then. OTOH I'm not a big movie guy anyway. Drives my wife nuts.

LUNCHBOX
01-17-2012, 12:46 AM
I've always thought the scary movies were predictable.

ladyhk13
01-17-2012, 02:11 AM
I've watched them ever since I was a teeney tiny child (guess that's why I'm a freak!) and LOVE them! Ok, don't like the blood and gore so much but love scary!!!! Raised by son how my mama and daddy raised me......lots of scary movies!!!!

ravensgrove
01-17-2012, 02:46 AM
I am a huge B horror movie fan. HUGE.

izzyscout21
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Yeah.......no. I think the're stupid.

msomnipotent
01-17-2012, 03:43 PM
I used to love them, and then I tried to watch to first Saw movie while pregnant and freaked out. It has been seven years and I am just starting to be able to watch them again, but so far they have been crap.

Grumpy Old Man
01-17-2012, 05:46 PM
I think anything with Shirley MacLaine in it is pretty scary.

Sniper-T
01-17-2012, 05:58 PM
I've always loved scary movies, unfortunately these days it seems to be synonymous with hack and slash gore. Give me a good suspensful thriller anyday!

I snuck up late one night and watched the original "The Blob" when I was about 8 yo. I woke my parents up 2 hours later when I was hammering plywood over the heater vent in my room. I had nightmares for weeks after that one.
But I snuck up the following weekend again to watch the next installment on the 'chiller thriller'

lol

ladyhk13
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Just watched M.Night's "The Village" again the other night. Great movie on many different levels.

izzyscout21
01-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Ok, I recant my last statement. I had serious trouble with "Arachniphobia" and "8 Legged Freaks"............ seems to be a pattern.............

Gunfixr
01-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Yeah, I watch that shit !!!!!!
Couldn't resist.
I've always loved scary movies. I grew up reading Stephen King, John Saul, and another whose name escapes me at the moment, but he wrote the same kind of books.
Lately though, it's gotten harder and harder to find a good scary movie, and I no longer have much time for reading.

It's never bothered my sleep, but then again, I don't really sleep anyway. Not between the badly deviated septum and sleep apnea. Hard to sleep when you're not breathing.

ladyhk13
01-18-2012, 04:57 AM
Ok, I recant my last statement. I had serious trouble with "Arachniphobia" and "8 Legged Freaks"............ seems to be a pattern.............

That's real life horror stories! That's also what my nightmares are made of!!!!!!

Sniper-T
01-18-2012, 11:29 AM
... I grew up reading Stephen King, John Saul, and another whose name escapes me at the moment, but he wrote the same kind of books...

Dean Koontz? Graham Masterton?

I have every book written by all these and more. Even if I've already read it a couple times, I still like to re-read them

Grumpy Old Man
01-18-2012, 04:41 PM
If you like scary writing try H.P. Lovecraft. His tales of Cthulu and Ithaqua will make the hair on the back of your neck rise!

izzyscout21
01-18-2012, 09:12 PM
That's real life horror stories! That's also what my nightmares are made of!!!!!!

no sh**, the first rounds I ever fired in a combat zone were at a giant camel spider............

ladyhk13
01-18-2012, 09:23 PM
no sh**, the first rounds I ever fired in a combat zone were at a giant camel spider............

too funny! When DH was deployed he emailed me a pic at night and told me NO NOT OPEN UNTIL MORNING so it's a good thing I actually listened to him because it was a pic of one of those things being held up by the guys!!! OMG!!!! I had never seen or heard of such a thing before and if I had seen that before going to bed I would never gone to sleep! I don't know how those people live there! No wonder they aren't afraid of dying!!!!

As far as scary movies have you seen "Suspect Zero"???? Great one.

Gunfixr
01-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Yes, that's the one, Dean Koontz.

mollypup
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
I hate gory/slasher horror movies but really like well done supernatural movies though I rarely get scared. Demon/devil movies don't scare me. The only scary movie that actually scared me was, "The Ring".

eagle326
01-19-2012, 12:57 PM

Did you have it mounted Izzy? Could hang it over your head board. :p

eagle326
01-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Actually scary movies don't do anything for me no matter what they're about. I find them funny in the sense that they are trying to scare me. You can almost figure out when the big moments are coming.
To me watching or reading the news is scarier.

Sniper-T
01-19-2012, 02:06 PM
One recent movie that creeped me out was "Paranormal Activity"... but it was prob more the setting than anything. My wife and I went to see it well after the initial release/hype thing, so it was at one of the smaller cheapie theatres. We were the only two in the entire place, and the volume/surround sound was adjusted perfectly, so each creak and bump came from where it was supposed to.
It was like we were in the house with them

seen it again on video, and was like Meh! waste of time