PDA

View Full Version : A serious warning for everyone

Patmark
01-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone, I hope this thread finds you all well. I just want to remind everyone to be very careful when you make the decision to meet people that you have only met on the computer. While in most cases people turn out to be who they seem to be, I have had a couple of bad experiences with people that have talked a whole lot about prepping and being serious preppers ect, only to find upon meeting these people that they were totally full of shit and not at all what they were portraying themselves to be on the site.

I post this thread not to insult your intelligence, or to deter you from forming groups and meeting with other people that you may come in contact with on this site or one of the many sites out there like this one, but to remind you all that there are many people out there that are only looking to take advantage of you or to perhaps make themselves look important and thereby wasting your time. There are also those that will try to harm you or your people. I have been very careful when meeting people for the first time to meet them in a very public place and not give them too much information until I have made sure that they are who they appear to be, thereby avoiding unfortunate circumstances. On the other hand I have met some really great people on this computer that I would not have had a chance to meet otherwise, so don't get me wrong I'm not saying not to meet up and network with other preppers from these sites, I'm only saying to be careful and use your common sense when meeting them the first time, and take things slowly until you can be sure about them.

My heartfelt thanks to the people that made this site and for the common sense and good judgement used to give it it's rules and structure. Great job guys and thanks for letting me be a part of it. Talk to you all soon.

PM :cool:

ak474u
01-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Uhh, welcome to the board? now you got me worried! kidding welcome aboard.

mitunnelrat
01-24-2012, 11:48 PM
This struck me as a bit odd for a first post. Was there something you read here that prompted this message?

eagle326
01-25-2012, 01:09 AM
This struck me as a bit odd for a first post. Was there something you read here that prompted this message?

1st. off ; Welcome.
As quoted from above. Is there something you see that we're missing? I came to this site and found a home because of the members here and their ability to ferret out the imposters. The founding fathers of this site and their mods are very diligent in their duties as to keeping this site on track.

A warning is always good ; But I'm sure that if you decide to stay that this Ant Colony is nothing like you've ever seen before in you're life or will ever see again. These men and women on this site are genuine & honest people in my 61 year old eyes. I would never give it a 2nd. thought of ever meeting any member FTF. We are all paranoid to an extent ; But not enough to not keeping the colony from thriving. And I'm sure if any of us are a little behind the colony will do whatever to bring us up to speed.

Again ; welcome and pull up a seat around the camp fire.

bacpacker
01-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Well put Eagle. I have to say this site has so far lived up to the expectations i had when I first found it and found out what it was about. There have been some folks come thru here that tried to change the basis of this site to something that was not wanted. They don't stick around very long. The owners and mods try and keep things on point leading to preparedness knowledge being the ultimate goal, whether it's about food, shelter, medical, firearms, name your niche. There is plenty of good natured ribbing that goes on, both give and take. But it's all in the spirit of fun.

I have had the pleasure of meeting a couple of folks on the forum in person and truly consider them friends. They were exactly what they said they were. Several others I have talked both privately and publicly to many others on here and some of them I met on other sites and ran back into them here. Out of the folks I talk with the most I would be more than happy to meet them face to face. I do agree with you that it's best to have an initial meeting in a public place. That just makes good sense.

Welcome to the site and jump in with both feet. I think you'll find some good folks. Take what you need and leave what you want to share. We'll all be better for it.

mitunnelrat
01-25-2012, 02:40 AM
1st. off ; Welcome.

Every once in a while I get a little ahead of myself and forget to voice niceties such as that. Thanks for picking up my slack there eagle.

As he said Pat, welcome to the forum.

eagle326
01-25-2012, 02:45 AM
Every once in a while I get a little ahead of myself and forget to voice niceties such as that. Thanks for picking up my slack there eagle.

As he said Pat, welcome to the forum.

As my old unit used to say.

We are a band of brothers forever. I'll always have your 6 as long as I'm able.

AIRBORNE

Taz Baby
01-25-2012, 03:18 AM
I met Patmark on another site and he is a good guy. Even tho we have not met in person ( but will this summer), I have no worries inmeeting him. I know that he got to know some people who he felt comfortable with and wanted to meet them in person. When he did they were not what they portray to be on the site. He was truly hurt bt this. No he is not talking about this site at all. He is just trying to let you all know what happened to him, so it doesn't happen to you. He is a true prepper and has a huge album of pics to prove it. He also has alot to give to this site too. I know he will learn a lot from all of you and maybe we will help him heal his wounds that other people left.

Welcome my friend. Glad you finally made it here.

You have found a home here. I know because I have.

The Stig
01-25-2012, 03:34 AM
Welcome aboard Patmark. Hope you dive in and enjoy the community and information available here.

Please let us know if the staff can do anything to assist you.

Was there a specific incident that prompted your post, or was this just a general warning/conversation starter? Just curious.

Either way, glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you a bit.

ladyhk13
01-25-2012, 04:19 AM
Patmark welcome to our home away from home. I hope you are happy here and find friends who will not let you down. We do our best to keep only the highest calibre of preppers as members so come on in and enjoy!

Sniper-T
01-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Welcome aboard.

Ironic timing really. Just yesterday I removed myself from another board, because IRL the 'owner' of the board was a complete tool. He talked the net-talk, but was a complete waste of skin otherwise.

Better to find out now, than after SHTF!

Any friend of Taz' is bound to be a good addition here, and welcome!

izzyscout21
01-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Welcome in Patmark.

LUNCHBOX
01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Other than a ^^^^ certain ^^^^ stalker ^^^^ around here everyone seems fine.

izzyscout21
01-25-2012, 01:26 PM

I is fine too.

eagle326
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
I is fine too.

He's Everywhere ; He's Everywhere!!! :p

Grumpy Old Man
01-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Welcome from one of the resident curmudgeons! ^^^^^ The other one!

Patmark
01-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm sorry if this thread struck anyone in the wrong way, I just thought that it was important to remind everyone to be careful that's all there was to it. It certainly wasn't anything that anyone did from this site, in fact when my buddy told me about this site I was so damn happy to have found a site of real preppers that I signed up immediately. I said haliluia, (LOL is that how you spell it), when I read the rules here. Anyhow, everyone I hope you all let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you, all you ever have to do is ask. Oh ya and Tazzy my friend, I owe you one. I will be talking to everyone soon, take care guys.

PM :cool:

mitunnelrat
01-25-2012, 05:09 PM
No worries, and welcome again!

The Stig
01-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Welcome aboard.

Ironic timing really. Just yesterday I removed myself from another board, because IRL the 'owner' of the board was a complete tool. He talked the net-talk, but was a complete waste of skin otherwise.

Sorry to hear that. It's always a drag to find a place to "hang out" on the web then watch it go to shit.

No kidding....that dude is a weirdo.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm sorry if this thread struck anyone in the wrong way, I just thought that it was important to remind everyone to be careful that's all there was to it. It certainly wasn't anything that anyone did from this site, in fact when my buddy told me about this site I was so damn happy to have found a site of real preppers that I signed up immediately. I said haliluia, (LOL is that how you spell it), when I read the rules here. Anyhow, everyone I hope you all let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you, all you ever have to do is ask. Oh ya and Tazzy my friend, I owe you one. I will be talking to everyone soon, take care guys.

No apologies needed.....it just came across as there was something prompting it and wanted to make sure someone on our website hadn't done something stupid/bad.

Thanks for the kind words.

izzyscout21
01-26-2012, 12:45 AM
No kidding....that dude is a weirdo.

Yeah, he is. You should do something about it.

ladyhk13
01-26-2012, 05:09 AM
He's Everywhere ; He's Everywhere!!! :p

Really eagle it's only in your mind......LOL!

Stormfeather
01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Well, Patmark, first and foremost, welcome to the group. They are a hell of a bunch of folks here that Ive honestly come to enjoy spending time with. The opinions are first rate, the attitudes excellent, and the BS minimal. The experiences are honest, and the desire to help each other out is constant, so for me, this makes it my home away from home. I hope you find the experience the same as I did.

Stay Frosty!

Oh, and watch out for "that stalker guy"

izzyscout21
01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh, and watch out for "that stalker guy"

I guess we've cemented the stlaker thing, huh. LOL

http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2010/11/09/jssxskal47.jpg

eagle326
01-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Really eagle it's only in your mind......LOL!

There's that rattling noise again in my head again. Sounds like a squeaky door knob. :p

realist
01-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Hay welcome aboard. There is nothing wrong with being a little careful. So far there hasn't been any organ harvesting that I have seen............although only time will tell. Ditto Stormfeather the only problem that I have seen is that most of these people on the forum are from the right coast. It make it hard to meet these people when people like me and Grumpy are out here on the Left Coast. That said all ya all are welcome to come out for a visit any time.

rice paddy daddy
01-28-2012, 01:57 AM
I have met with some members of another board, a long established board where i've been a member for many years. I had interacted with them online quite a bit and was comfortable with the deal.
From another forum I met a guy at a public range to shoot, he was with another guy. I think he may have been some kind of cop - we had a pleasant time, but there was some conversation that may have been leading. I'm just a square, law abiding geezer. He's still on that board but has never wanted to go shooting again, and for that matter has no interaction on the forum with me at all.
The original poster was thinking about wierdos, but I'm sure there are government agents trolling as well.
Be careful out there.

eagle326
01-28-2012, 03:48 AM
I have met with some members of another board, a long established board where i've been a member for many years. I had interacted with them online quite a bit and was comfortable with the deal.
From another forum I met a guy at a public range to shoot, he was with another guy. I think he may have been some kind of cop - we had a pleasant time, but there was some conversation that may have been leading. I'm just a square, law abiding geezer. He's still on that board but has never wanted to go shooting again, and for that matter has no interaction on the forum with me at all.
The original poster was thinking about wierdos, but I'm sure there are government agents trolling as well.
Be careful out there.

Rice Paddy ; Just noticed you over here. A late welcome and glad to have another Nam brother here.

ladyhk13
01-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Welcome Rice Paddy. So nice to see another new member. So many here from FL....wow!