PDA

View Full Version : BOB foods

bacpacker
03-26-2011, 12:59 AM
What kind of foods do you use or consider for use in your GHB or BOB?

My GHB has several breakfast bars, jerky, almonds, & a freeze dried meals.

BOB, will have jerky, almonds, dried fruit, Mainstay or datrex bars, & a few freeze dried meals.

I have a small folding Esbit stove that uses little solid fuel blocks. and a 1 Qt pot in the GHB. The BOB has a Coleman Peak one multifuel stove and 1 liter of fuel, plus a 2 qt pot. If I'm buggin out the wife will b with me so need to cook for 2 then.

What's everyone else carry and use.

RedJohn
03-26-2011, 01:14 AM
In the backpack, I only have 5 MREs. Anything above that is hunting or Fishing time. But this is just a BOB.

The Stig
03-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Excellent topic.

Right know I'm rocking mostly MRE's and granola type bars. I have several esbit stoves with the trioxane fuel along with some full blown propane burners (although those are not in the bob)

I'm going to totally revamp my BOB's and emergency loadouts. I want to reduce weight, ditch crappy gear, etc. Part of that mission will include rotating out the MREs, adding more high calorie bars and some items like tuna (in foil bags) and maybe some nuts.

Looking forward to hearing everybodies thoughts.

izzyscout21
03-26-2011, 02:03 AM
I keep several foil packs of tuna, in addition to my MRE's. Got a few packs of ramen (can eat 'em dry like crackers or cook them). A few bottles of 5 hour energy. Some CLIF bars. And a pack of Mountain House Neapolitan ice cream as my "victory cigar/ mood enhancer"

bacpacker
03-26-2011, 02:36 AM
never tried the ice cream is it any good? Tuna or chicken in pouches are very good. I've found the Luna brand bars are pretty tasty and really fuel me and the wife pretty well.

izzyscout21
03-26-2011, 02:59 AM
never tried the ice cream is it any good? Tuna or chicken in pouches are very good. I've found the Luna brand bars are pretty tasty and really fuel me and the wife pretty well.

Actually, I really like them for what they are. And, after eating the other crap in my bag, they are that much better.

alaska
03-26-2011, 03:32 AM
1 mre,1 mt house,1 bag jerky, various granola bars, snickers,bubble gum, couple cliff bars, and spam in foil pouch and im about to add those gatorade gel pouches i just saw the other day.

Jerry D Young
03-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Jerky, Millennium ration bars, Malt tablets, homemade Gorp (premium mixed nuts, M&Ms, dates),

LUNCHBOX
03-26-2011, 03:54 AM
I broke down a couple mre's and I like the granola bars better than the clif bars. The tuna and chicken packs are great. Hard candy (Jolly Ranchers) is a nice little pick me up and store well.

TEOTWAWKI13
03-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I have some tuna and Spam singles, some jerky, 3 mountain house meals (one breakfast, 2 dinner), and some odd and end snacks (almonds, trail mix, etc).

Kodiak
03-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Right now I keep 3 Datrex food bars in my truck and 5 in my BOB. Im considering adding a few more food items to my BOB, maybe some mountain house meals and tuna. Im thinking of adding some honey and peanut butter also.

Stg1swret
04-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Instant oatmeal, Foil packs of tuna, granola bars, Ramen noodles, beef/chicken bulion, jerky. gatorade powder mix. May add hard candy

alaska
04-30-2011, 09:36 PM
I just added 2 small tube thingy's of apple sauce. I like variety.