PDA

View Full Version : Evicted from the homestead

Twitchy
02-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Well, today was interesting... I just found out me and my family can't stay in our house as it is unsafe... we had a contractor come out to check wind bracing... passed that test, but he was the bringer of bad news. Our house is in immediate danger of a fire because the electrical drop line is pinched between a conduit and a box. Now we have left because its extreemely dangerous due the situation... man we can't get a break this year...

The Stig
02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Sorry to hear that bud. You are right, you do seem to have a lot of stuff going on.

Twitchy
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Im just happy we found out before anyone got hurt... we have an electrician coming out tomorrow to evaluate everything... Hopefully it isnt too hard to fix...

LUNCHBOX
02-03-2012, 01:24 AM
When I first saw that I thought it was another group break up. Even know its an issue, glad you guys can get it fixed.

Evolver
02-03-2012, 03:44 AM
Sorry to hear that and I hope all goes well for you and the fam tomorrow.

Stormfeather
02-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Hope all goes good for you, hate to hear about a electrical fire, best to play it safe.

Sniper-T
02-03-2012, 10:33 AM
yep better now that later. SHTF mighta thrown a power surge down that line and you could have started a SHTF event scrambling from the house at 0300 in your skivies and watched as all your preps went up in flames

Sometimes things happen for a reason!

bacpacker
02-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Good luck Vert. I'm with Sniper on this. Things do happen for a reason, but it still sucks.

mitunnelrat
02-04-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm also glad to hear it was caught before any irreversible damage or injury resulted.

I am, however, trying to picture exactly what you're talking about. From the sounds of things, you're talking about the line running from the utility pole to the meter, then from the meter to your main fuse panel, correct? If that's the case, and its the section of wire running to the electrical meter, its likely your utility provider's responsibility to fix and maintain, meaning no out of pocket cost to your family, just a service call. It only falls on your family if its the wire running from the meter into the home. At least that's how it is most places.

Either way, I hope its swiftly and easily resolved for you.

Stormfeather
02-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Any updates?