PDA

View Full Version : My smart is going from this to this with a little help from my friends

hank2222
02-07-2012, 02:27 PM
A good friend has beening helping me redone my little smart with some add on features to the car to make it handle some of the winter time driving i'm doing right now .

With a daystar 2.inch lift kit and new rims and all season tires and a new small bull bar with two fog light's and two driving lights with black color wire mesh covers on each one along with a two switch set up for use on the back country roads i drive alot where i'm at now .

So my little bov vehicle is now complete and ready to play mad max on the back roads. look at my avatar and you see what the vehicle looks like .my smart is pure white with a black safety cell set up

Sniper-T
02-07-2012, 02:57 PM
That's awesome! Way to make something work in an unconventional way!!!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/The_Game21/clap.gif

It's probably about the right height, you could put a 5th wheel hitch on the roof, and pack a trailer...

:rolleyes:
:cool:

hank2222
02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
i can pull a little fiberglass trailer with it if the load is less than 400.pds total weight when fullyloaded with supplies .I used the little trailer to take supplies back to someone i knew up there in az

GunnerMax
02-08-2012, 05:11 AM
just curious, how far can you get on 1 tank of gas, or 1 charge, however those work? does adding weight on it significantly reduce this range?

hank2222
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
i used to drive from my place in La to my place in Northern Az area up in the White Mountain's area on a tank and half of gas with basic wieght of me and a daypack in the car .It was at the Ca state line i would make a pit stop for gas and food and a bathroom break before crossing over into Az on the way home . I would stop at ShowLow to fill the tank up and get the supplies i needed from the local area stores when i came home every month to the place i have there .It was about a 7.hour car drive

With the two rubbermaid storage tote's with my get the heck out of town supplies and four-x-2.gallon sized & 5.gallon sized gas cans along with two 2.gallon fresh water bottles i kept drinking water in inside the vehicle along with me and a daypack filled with cloths and i would get about 100.miles mark from Ca state line area before i would have to stop and use the bigger.5.gallon can of gas to fill up the tank.

The two smaller gas can's and the two.2.gallon sized water bottles would ride on top of the totes and the five can fit inbetween the totes in the rear cargo floor .The daypack filled with cloths and weapon accessories would be in the front seat area with me .

I had made up diff routes useing a plastic covered route driving oversized 4-x-5-sized cards of diff routes that i would take to get out of the area of La that allowed me to get out of central La area using old back roads out of the city.plus staying on them bypassing the interstate 40 intill allmost the Ca state line then i hop back onto the 40 to cross into Az then off the back roads i go intill i got to my place in the Az white mountains area .

They hanged off the rear view mirror on a bungees rubber surgical tube on a d-ring clip to be able to use them as it was needed .Also i had the same thing on my ipad to help also if there was power to charge the unit

The drive would take about 14.hours total using the back roads once i figure it out and did drive it every three months to keep updated on the routes i had taken .

One of the rubbermaid tote held lightwieght motorcycle camping gear from a small single burner cooking stove & fuel to a lightwieght tent with sleeping bag and some basic quick to use food supplies and the other held food supplies and ammo and night verison googles with head harnes & batties for it along with a infared driving light set up to light up the road when i drove it with light's off to get out of town .

The daypack held a change of cloths and ammo and cleaning items for the pistol i kept in Ca for personal defense with a couple of happy stick mags for the pistol and chest pistol driving harness to wear during the drive out of the city .

GunnerMax
02-08-2012, 05:04 PM
sweet plan you have. I hope to be there within a year.