PDA

View Full Version : PRI-G Report

idahobob
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I have had 40 gallons of gas stored in 5 gallon cans for 3 1/4 years. Initially, it was the lowest octane out there, 85. I treated it with PRI-G, as per the instructions on the container. This fuel also had ethanol, as we did not have any ethanol free gas in our AO at that time. It has been stored in a shed, covered up. It has been exposed to the temperature changes that we have here year round, but since it was covered up, the sunlight did not get to the cans.

I started using the fuel, as I determined that I needed to rotate it out with ethanol free fuel. I keep my Ford Expedition, full of it. There has been no problems or issues with starting, or mileage.:D

As this was my first practical experiment with PRI-G, I am highly recommending it to everyone in my AO.

Bob
III

izzyscout21
02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Bob, thanks for sharing. This is great information. I've been looking inot storing fuel here lately, so this gives me something to go off of.

LUNCHBOX
02-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Good info. I have a gallon or two (wink) around here that I rotate out every 6-9 months. With the price climbing it would be nice to wait a little longer.

AlphaTea
02-14-2012, 09:23 PM
I have been using it for several years. I had a 5 gallon gas can that was misplaced in a shed for about 4 years. I filled up the lawn mower with it and noticed no problems. After the mower ran fine, I dumped the rest into my Avalanche. I did not notice any problems. I treat ALL stored gasoline with PRI-G. I try to empty a jerry can a month so I can rotate them out in a year or so. Never a problem in the mower, lawn tractor, weed whacker, edger or either automobile.
Next to canned bacon, I recommend Pri-G.
YMMV

bacpacker
02-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Glad to see a real life review of Pri-G. I've looked into it, but haven't tried it out yet. I try to keep 20-40 gallons of gas and currently 30 gallons of Desiel stored. Although I'm workin on a 285 gallon fuel tank on a stand that will be filled with desiel when I have the work done on it I need to do. Biggest thing I need now is a hose/pump/filter set up.

Pri-g and Pri-d is a purchase I need to start buying ASAP.

Grumpy Old Man
02-15-2012, 04:00 PM
I like Pri-G and Stabil for that matter. I've also used SeaFoam with good results. I believe that you can use Pri-D for both diesel and gas, but it doesn't work that way with Pri-G. If you are stabilizing diesel you might want to investigate using Pri-Ocide to combat microbial growth. They also have a Pri-G especially formulated for small engines.

As long as your at it you might want to look at Microlon products to improve engine performance and mileage. I'll be putting it in the Jeep as soon as the rebuild is done. I'll be using the big block high performance kit. Pricey but worth it. My buddy Cope swears by it!

Microlon.com : Automotive Engine Treatment Kits (http://www.microlon.com/automotive_engine_treatment_kits.php?PHPSESSID=39a 59f38857fa13de91f6fcd3a579dce)