PDA

View Full Version : Roadside emergency kit

Stg1swret
02-14-2012, 11:03 PM
What is in your roadside emergency kit, or do you even have one?

Mine consists of the following, flares and reflective triangles, 50ft tow strap, 4 bottles of water, duct tape , wrenches and screw drivers, jump start battery, fix-a-flat, 2 emergency bivies, 6 days food, blanket, first aid kit, hard candy, emergency heater/stove made from 1 qt paintcan, 2 hose clamps 2 inch, 4 inch.

GunnerMax
02-14-2012, 11:12 PM
I do not have one at the moment, but I will.

bacpacker
02-14-2012, 11:46 PM
GHB, Water, pretty decent first Aid Kit, Tow strap, a small tool bag, tarp, a few extra clothes, hiking boots, leather gloves, hat, flashlight, knife, , ham radio, either mobile or HT, qt of oil. A lot of times I also have a small digital camera.

The Stig
02-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Assortment of tools
Fix a flat
Road flares
tow straps
reflective marker
jumper cables
emergency water
tire air compressor
Small fleece blanket
Gerber mini-machete
Boots
Standard first aid kit
Bottle of windshield washing fluid

Grumpy Old Man
02-15-2012, 04:23 PM
In my tool box in my red F-150, I have a tent, sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, Coleman mini lantern, Coleman dual fuel 442, CS Magnum Kukri machete, francesca tomahawk, Collins hudson bay axe, rope, 100' 550 paracord, 3/8" drive socket set, combo wrench set, screwdriver set, three sizes of crescent adjustable wrenches, small 12V air compressor, tire repair kit, 25' logging chain with hooks, 2 MREs, 4 Mtn House 2 person packets (I like beef stroganoff best), one gallon of water, flashlight, folding camp chair and AR-7 explorer with 2 boxes of ammo, one hollow point and one round nose 40 gr.

In the cab I have these kind of red strobe light lanterns that look vaguely like R2D2 that I can set out in lieu of flares. I also have a fire extinguisher, FAK, brunton pocket transit, a pair of FRS/GMRS radios, a 3D cell maglite, 100' steel tape, gorilla tape (for hose patching) and my pool cue.

LUNCHBOX
02-22-2012, 04:37 AM
I have a GHB, cables, tire pump and a tow strap. At this time I don't plan on doing to much work if I brake down. I'll use the cell phone for now. If i'm going farther away I pack different items.

rentprop1
02-22-2012, 04:49 AM
so.... no one has a shovel , you must all live in a concrete jungle, may have to dig yourself out of the sand, or up north, the snow ??

69x11
02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
I have 2

Grumpy Old Man
02-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention I have 2 shovels in the tool box as well. One is a CS Special Forces shovel (it also throws and sticks really well) and a T handle short spade. Forgot to mention the 4 Lb cross peen also.

digdug18
02-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Mine changes depending on season, currently in winter, even though we have no snow my snow kit is in the car.

It consists of:
3 gallons of water.
6 MRE meals, 2 mountain house meals, heating packs for each.
30 portable hand warmers.
2 quarts oil.
Fix a flat.
Cold weather sleeping bag.
10 Flares, 2 sided signal flag, with magnetic corners(put on roof, easier to see from above, plane, high cab snowplow, etc.)
exhaust jack bag.
2 black diamond collapsible shovels
BOB.
Bear spray in 2 different sizes.
3 N95 masks.
portable tool kit.

Everything except water is in a large tupperwear container, with the lid duct taped on, a list with the contents on the outside, and the date it was packed.

In summer, it changes, I have 2 separate containers, one for winter, one for summer. So I have doubles of some things, such as the MRE's.

Andrew

mitunnelrat
02-25-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm still developing this, but I have the GHB I showcased in my latest field test in there, a spring loaded punch tool for glass breaking and a tire gauge in the center console. My goretex jacket, a wool hat, and gloves, insulated boots, a standard overnight bag with a toiletry kit, a snow shovel, insulated coveralls, tool box, jumper cables, a floor jack, and my NBC gear are all in the back.

TEOTWAWKI13
03-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm taking notes, as mine is lacking in some areas. I always have my GHB with me, which includes my Gerber LMF II knife (the butt end has a glass break), a small shovel, hatchet, MRE (mountain house x 4), 3 bottles of water, gloves, hand warmers, fire starters, Glock 19 with 2 spare mags (I keep a box of ammo in the car as well), emergency bivvy, and my rain gear. In the vehicle is always my jumper cables, my outer shell rain gear (jacket has a fleece liner for 3 season wear), I keep 2 blankets, a bag of tools including screw drivers, wrenches, small hammer, nut driver set. I know I'm missing some things that are in it...but like I said, I've taken notes from here and need to add some things to it.