PDA

View Full Version : Does Someone Owe You Money? U Might Be Surprised.

ak474u
02-15-2012, 02:31 AM
So, today I get this letter that looks official, from a company out of CA. They said, You are owed money from BAC Mortgage Servicing Corp. They sent the letter, because they wanted to liberate me of 10% as a service fee, which I had no issue with, except my Google-Fu is strong, and I know what happens to money that people owe you when they can't find you. I went to the Texas Comptroller's Website, and searched for myself... Turns out, my old mortgage co. owed me $1400.12, and sent it to The State of Texas to hold for me until claimed. I downloaded the form and am sending it off with the required proof that I owned the property in 2007, TONIGHT so I can wait for my cash. I was curious, so I searched my wife's maiden name, they owe her $.79, Her brother is owed $96.00 and needs it, Her uncle is owed $15.00, and my parents were owed over $400.00 that was sent to the state when 3 of my grandparents died back in the 90's, and when my mom's dad died in 1961. I must be a good husband, cause this woulda bought a sweet AR on the down-low, but I told her.

Here's the link to the Texas website: Susan Combs - Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (http://www.window.state.tx.us) go to unclaimed property search, if you find the ebay listings for the state, you went to the wrong button, go back and try again.

ladyhk13
02-15-2012, 04:47 AM
found money for everyone but me......................alas....all is lost.

ak474u
02-15-2012, 05:09 AM
I never thought to look, I was blown away to find 1400 bucks just hangin out waiting for little old me, I'm pretty sure it is an overpaid escrow account from my condo mortgage, since they were the only people I had debt with, and they were the only ones who had that address besides the tax office. (I have a permanent address in the TX hill country, but not in Dallas where I am now, and not in San Antonio)

bacpacker
02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Cash don't fall out of the sky to often, enjoy.

Daca102090
02-15-2012, 04:37 PM
About 5 years back I did the same search using family names on both sides and checked any state any of these relatives might have lived in, about 8 or so.
Found $1200 that was being held for my grandparents that they did not know about and found that some undescribed property is being held from my late uncle's estate. He was a pretty serious black sheep and tended to be on the wrong side of the law most of his life so no one os interested in claiming any of that.

Katrina
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Just make sure when you send in for any assets, check to see if there is a minimum amount they will send you. In Michigan if it is under $1.00 they won't send it to you. Also if it is stock, MI sells it and holds the cash for you. they did that on a small amount of stock that was sent by the company to the escheats in Michigan.because supposedly they couldn't find me.

ak474u
02-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Just make sure when you send in for any assets, check to see if there is a minimum amount they will send you. In Michigan if it is under $1.00 they won't send it to you. Also if it is stock, MI sells it and holds the cash for you. they did that on a small amount of stock that was sent by the company to the escheats in Michigan.because supposedly they couldn't find me.

I've heard it varies state-to-state... I found a buddy who is the brokest guy I know (divorced, audited by IRS, lost house, now full time student living with parents working part time) $300 bucks which he was pretty happy about. I told him after my $299.00 processing fee, he'll get his money.