PDA

View Full Version : Act Of Valor, the movie

LUNCHBOX
02-23-2012, 05:14 AM
This movie looks good from the previews I've seen. It comes out on the 24th here in Ohio. I'm probably going on Friday to see it and will give it my .02 after.

The previews state there are real operators.

realist
02-23-2012, 05:22 AM
I'm going too. I have arranged for several of us to have a training day, the wives don't need to know. Sooooooo we shall see how it goes.

ak474u
02-23-2012, 05:36 AM
It's real SEALs, I heard an interview from someone associated with the movie, and they said lots of the action sequences were done by SEALs cause no one else could have done them, if so, it oughta be good. Let's face it though, it's just a new version of Navy Seals from back in the day. I'm going to see it as soon as possible.

izzyscout21
02-23-2012, 12:37 PM
I cant wait for this flick. There's not been a really good military-oriented movie in a while.

Stormfeather
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
It's real SEALs, I heard an interview from someone associated with the movie, and they said lots of the action sequences were done by SEALs cause no one else could have done them, if so, it oughta be good. Let's face it though, it's just a new version of Navy Seals from back in the day. I'm going to see it as soon as possible.

Having several friends and one family member personally involved in the movie, I have to make a minor correction. . . . .

1- All the action sequences were done by active duty SEALs.
2- There are no stuntmen in this movie whatsoever portraying SEALs. All SEAL work, is actual SEAL work.
3- The majority of all the firing scenes are all done in live fire with the exception of 3 scenes. (the trick will be to see if you can figure out which 3 scenes!)

Enjoy the movie! I did!

bacpacker
02-24-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing it. This coming from someone who very rarely goes to the movies. Hell I hardly watch movies at home.

realist
02-25-2012, 01:13 AM
Great flick, really intense.

The is nothing like Navy Seals the movie. Those guys were lame, Michael Biehn thought he could do anything since he had "all the training" that was needed, NOT. It is my understanding he told the advisers that during a party in Spain and subsequently tripped and fell down a flight of stairs.......

Hay Storm all I picked up was the kidnap scene and the LAW shot. There was another time that I remember it looked like some one was shooting with a blank adapter but I forget where that was.

madpiper
02-25-2012, 02:04 AM
I heard the tree-hugging anti-gun people are giving it bad reviews - so it must be good!

Gunfixr
02-25-2012, 03:46 AM
Saw it today. Very good. Nothing like the "Navy Seals" movie at all.
Actually, there are actors interspersed throughout, but where the gear mostly hides the identitites, the real deal guys are out.
Watching the fight scenes is like watching someone play COD or something, it's fist person shooter looking over the rifle a lot, but not all the time. They do some things never seen in a movie which are really cool, and show how SEALs operate. Some really sharp in-fil/ex-fil stuff.
If you turn away, or even blink long, you'll miss something. I'm definitely getting the disc when it comes out.

izzyscout21
02-25-2012, 04:07 AM
now I definitely have to see it.

ak474u
02-25-2012, 04:13 AM

The is nothing like Navy Seals the movie. Those guys were lame, Michael Biehn thought he could do anything since he had "all the training" that was needed, NOT. It is my understanding he told the advisers that during a party in Spain and subsequently tripped and fell down a flight of stairs.......

Hay Storm all I picked up was the kidnap scene and the LAW shot. There was another time that I remember it looked like some one was shooting with a blank adapter but I forget where that was.

Ah, man, I consider the original Navy Seals movie to be a training film, along with every episode of the A-Team, the entire series Sledgehammer, Red Dawn, and Paul Blart Mall Cop. lol I was actually kidding about the whole being like Navy Seals from 1980-whatever. I really wanna see this one, if for no other reason than it shows America's Super Men. I heard an interview today on talk radio with the producer, he said one of the scenes with a sub doing an insertion was filmed in a 40 minute window during an actual training op, and they didn't get the coordinates of where the boat was gonna surface for the air units to film until an hour before it surfaced to run the drill. I admire the producer for waiting for these guys to get back from deployments to finish the movie. can't wait to see it.

Gunfixr
02-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Wait 'till you see the in-fil and ex-fil of the boat teams on the river, using helicopters.

izzyscout21
02-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Paul Blart Mall Cop is the ultimate training film in terms of adapting and using what you find.....lol. Ask anyone in the security field............

Also those wierd horror movies on Sci-fi are good training tools. I keep yelling at people to move their ass, but no one ever listens and are always eaten by the mansharklizard

LUNCHBOX
02-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Saw it earlier when a fellow member tried to call, the movie was a hit with me. I highly recommend it. I heard some asshats walking out saying the acting sucked...those idiots didn't even understand it wasn't actors.

Kodiak
02-25-2012, 08:58 AM
...those idiots didn't even understand it wasn't actors.

Technically since they were in the movie wouldnt they be considered actors now, hmmmmm?

izzyscout21
02-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Saw it earlier when a fellow member tried to call.....

all prior planned activities are to be cleared through Izzy..........

eagle326
02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
all prior planned activities are to cleared through Izzy..........

SIR!!!! YES SIR!!!!!!!

AIRBORNE SIR!!!! :cool:

Stormfeather
02-25-2012, 04:26 PM

You are correct on both accounts. As for shooting with a blank adapter, a couple of the weapons were modified with flash supressor style BFA's, So there were actually no original style screw on red box BFA's used. The last one was in the tunnels scene. Apparently there was a sound discipline thing happening in the tunnel scene where actors were complaining of the reverberation of the gunshots in enclosed spaces. This is according to my cousin who worked Production on the movie during filming sequences.

mitunnelrat
02-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Paul Blart Mall Cop is the ultimate training film in terms of adapting and using what you find.....lol. Ask anyone in the security field............

Also those wierd horror movies on Sci-fi are good training tools. I keep yelling at people to move their ass, but no one ever listens and are always eaten by the mansharklizard

I've flat refused to watch that movie on general principle.

Zombiehuntereky
02-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Been waiting for this since last year when I heard about it. The brothers who made the movie do all the High Speed Low Draw NSW recruitment commercials for the navy.

apssbc
02-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Just walked out of the theater. Movie was mind blowing. I highly recommend it. Emotional roller coaster at times, especially when the swift boats extract the seals. Damn near brought a tear to my eye.

mitunnelrat
03-04-2012, 11:36 PM
That was an awesome scene. I saw this on Friday and absolutely loved it. Definitely one for the movie rack when it comes out on DVD.

Gunfixr
03-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Saw it again today.
Caught some missed parts.

GunnerMax
04-02-2012, 09:53 AM
I saw it today. Man, those SWCC guys tear shit up! I was so jealous of them I rewound and watched it again....

Stg1swret
07-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Haven't said anything about this movie till now, but have watched it 18 times, wife is a bit pissed since every time it has been on Pay Per View. Good thing I work for the cable company. I have worked with the SEAL's and the Brown Water River Rats ( swift boats). They are amazing to watch do their thing. I was a bit surprised they only showed a HAHO (high altitude high opening) drop and not HALO (high altitude low opening) in the film. The second would have made more sense for the hostage rescue. It definitely gets 5 stars from me. I'll probably watch it again this weekend.

bacpacker
07-27-2012, 11:39 PM
We just picked up the DVD the other day. I haven't even had time to watch it yet. I am looking forward to it. Just waiting till I have time to sit down and watch it all the way thru.

Stg1swret
07-27-2012, 11:45 PM
You won't be disappointed.

izzyscout21
07-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I finally caught this flick. Loved it. ONly active duty SEALS coulda pulled off some of those scenes.

Gearhead
07-28-2012, 12:07 AM
It was a great movie. I'm totally on board with what Izzy said.

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2

LUNCHBOX
07-28-2012, 12:15 AM
I saw it, then I bought it, now I'm trying to beat Stg1's record of 18.

Gunfixr
07-30-2012, 03:45 AM
We got the DVD also, and immediately watched it, even though we'd seen it a couple times in the theatre.