PDA

View Full Version : ZH's Upcoming Project

Zombiehuntereky
02-25-2012, 11:59 PM
About eight months ago I lost my job and the state of things being what they are another has not been found but not for lack of trying. So after bouncing to and fro from one family's home to another. Myself and my wife have decide to move into a primitive cabin that her family built. It is located about 30-45 minutes away from my current location by foot. It is a simple affair. One room with a wood stove for heat, a propane stove-top for cooking and a outhouse. In a few weeks once this weather EKY has been having stabilizes we will be making the move. I have always wanted to do this and now is my chance. The nay say'ers are many but what is to stop us. We have no children, no bills other than a storage rental, and nothing but time upon our hands. Over the next couple of weeks trail maintenance and work will begin bringing the cabin up to snuff. After that we will begin to move water, and fuel into place and start to pack what we need to bring with us. Entertainment will be books and card games as well as board games. Our German Shepard/Husky will be coming with us both as security and companionship.

Stay turned for updates!

From a trip a few years ago.

ak474u
02-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Sorry to hear about the job, been wondering where you went for so long. Give the cabin a shot, you may decide you don't like it, or you may love it. Sounds like the wife is a trooper, my wife has done primitive camping, and could if necessary, but she thinks camping is a Ramada Inn without a kitchenette, and a fridge. I hope the job search works out. Be sure to post updates as much as possible, those of us not livin the dream are gonna have to live thru you. :) My grandmother and grandfather lived in a wall tent in the oil fields of OK with my mom, and her 2 siblings for 2 years I can't imagine how much fun that was for the adults.

izzyscout21
02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Good luck. Keep us up to date on your progress.

The Stig
02-26-2012, 11:03 PM
About eight months ago I lost my job and the state of things being what they are another has not been found but not for lack of trying. So after bouncing to and fro from one family's home to another. Myself and my wife have decide to move into a primitive cabin that her family built. It is located about 30-45 minutes away from my current location by foot. It is a simple affair. One room with a wood stove for heat, a propane stove-top for cooking and a outhouse. In a few weeks once this weather EKY has been having stabilizes we will be making the move. I have always wanted to do this and now is my chance. The nay say'ers are many but what is to stop us. We have no children, no bills other than a storage rental, and nothing but time upon our hands. Over the next couple of weeks trail maintenance and work will begin bringing the cabin up to snuff. After that we will begin to move water, and fuel into place and start to pack what we need to bring with us. Entertainment will be books and card games as well as board games. Our German Shepard/Husky will be coming with us both as security and companionship.

Stay turned for updates!

From a trip a few years ago.

Can not wait for the updates ZH!

Zombiehuntereky
02-26-2012, 11:06 PM
The Zombiehuntress is pretty pumped about it. She is talking about writing a book while we do this. I am thinking about doing it till the fall and prepare for winter and then decide along with the HH6 if we want to do the winter too. I have wanted to do this since I seen Alone in the Wilderness and read the book that went along with it.

Stormfeather
02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Glad to see that HH6 is down with the plan. Definitely cant wait to get updates on how its going!

Sniper-T
02-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Best of luck ZH. Where abouts are ya? (state). I'm interested in hearing what kind of Winter you expect.

Zombiehuntereky
02-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Best of luck ZH. Where abouts are ya? (state). I'm interested in hearing what kind of Winter you expect.

I live in extreme Eastern Kentucky. Very close to the VA border. As for weather during the next winter it is a toss up. This year it was said we would have a bad one but for the most part I have been running around in shorts so who knows.

izzyscout21
02-29-2012, 10:44 AM
I live in extreme Eastern Kentucky. Very close to the VA border. As for weather during the next winter it is a toss up. This year it was said we would have a bad one but for the most part I have been running around in shorts so who knows.

you and I need to do a meet and greet, Hoss.

How far are you from Big South Fork?

Zombiehuntereky
02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I live in Jenkins.