PDA

View Full Version : Online chat room?

Dropy
02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
I know of another site that has an online chatroom attached to it just for tis members to use. This might be an idea for us. We could use it for group discussions once a week or something on various topics. Just a thought.

The Stig
02-26-2012, 11:22 PM
It's a good thought, and one that comes up from time to time.

We've avoided a chat room because we feel it takes away from the discussions going on in the main forum. Someone could have a great conversation going and it would be lost forever in the chat room, whereas in a thread its there for everybody to read.

Not knocking your idea, just giving you a little insight into why we've steered clear of one so far.

Thanks for the suggestion....please feel free to make any suggestion that you think would improve the experience here at shtfready.com

Sniper-T
02-27-2012, 01:48 PM
On that note Stig... In a couple forums that I belong to, we have a chatroom, and quite often a discussion will get to the point where the parties will think "this should be in a thread" Then one party will copy/paste the entire conversation over into the applicable thread. works pretty good.

Sometimes an actual chat can initiate, or provoke a more in depth discussion than a simple post does.

Taz Baby
02-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I agree with Stig. I believe that you can have a conversation right here and everyone will benefit from it. Chatrooms to me are like why bother that is what phones are for