PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming Passes Doomsday Bill

Stormfeather
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Wyoming Doomsday Bill Advances In State House (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/25/wyoming-doomsday-bill_n_1301710.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009&ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false)

Was news to me, a friend alerted me to it. Apparently Wyoming is taking steps to figure out how to survive a governmental collapse, with making plans all the way up to standing up its own army to issuing its own currency. Will look into this more and post what I find out!

helomech
02-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Cool

realist
02-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Prison Planet.com ยป Wyoming Introduces ‘Doomsday Bill’ To Prepare For Collapse of Federal Government (http://www.prisonplanet.com/wyoming-introduces-doomsday-bill-to-prepare-for-collapse-of-federal-government.html)

I found this story on another site. I like the idea of the air craft carrier. I guess they are waiting for the big flood, it would be kinda like an ark.......... I want to see how they get it there.

I do like the idea that they are preparing however I would like to see more practical things.

izzyscout21
02-28-2012, 02:16 PM
I've got to check this out. first I've heard of it

ak474u
02-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I think that proactive management of state govt. would dictate that ALL states have a plan in place, look at what happened in Katrina, a whole yard of school buses was swamped by the flood waters instead of using them to evac people out of Katrina's wake, never mind the fact that their utilization for this would have also "protected the asset" that these buses were to the school district for their day-to-day operations post Katrina. I of course am not so naive to think that lots of things weren't done by Ray Nagin in NOLA to give GWB a black eye over the handling of disaster response when it came to the poor and unfortunate people/democrat voters that were stranded because GWB "hated black people" When most of us were growing up during the cold war, we had duck and cover drills once a month, it probably should have been "bend over and kiss your ass goodbye drills" but you never know. This was just a small part of programs put into place to increase the survivability of a SHTF that was on, and off the radar for the US at the time. I don't think a state should go further into the red to plan for such a thing, but it sure would make sense for a state that sits practically on top of an active and by some volcanologists/geologists opinion OVER DUE, caldera volcano like WY to consider "worst case scenarios" You'll always hear politicians say the are "just looking out for the people" and, IMHO this is one of the few positive examples I've seen from politicians in a while. I think it's funny that the govt. thinks us "crazy preppers" are terrorists because we want bunkers, and food, and supplies when they encouraged, and gave away instructions on how to build bunkers, as well as currently encouraging us to prepare for disasters. According to Google, there are 568,158 residents of WY, there are that many people within 12 miles of me, I doubt Cheyenne is going to be high priority on the list for govt. aid in a major national disaster, or economic collapse. Good for them, I hope TX follows suit.

Zombiehuntereky
02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Considering the possibility of Yellowstone going up like a Roman Candle.

bacpacker
02-28-2012, 11:53 PM
I wasn't aware of this, but totally agree with the idea. Every state should get behind this. The 10th amendment pretty much lines up with this IMO.

Stormfeather
02-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Looks like the Bill got shot down 30-27. What I find interesting, is that almost half of the House of Representatives were all for it, and a few that werent, were not happy with some of the wording or the idea of a aircraft carrier, but overall happy with the idea. Hopefully it will come back across the HoR with some changes to make it thru.

LUNCHBOX
02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
I don't see this getting passed. IMO, if all the states started doing these things for themselves then surely the $$$ would collapsing and the states would become separated. The idea from Wy might be seen as a step in the right direction but maybe its just how you look at it.

ak474u
02-29-2012, 09:46 PM
It got shot own because they failed to tell everyone that... "It's for the children" It woulda passed with no opposition if they had. lol

GunnerMax
03-01-2012, 10:47 AM
http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2012/Introduced/HB0085.pdf

The bill mentions nothing about an "aircraft carrier" But prison planet.com says something about an aircraft carrier.

Does anyone realize wyoming is landlocked?

Stormfeather
03-01-2012, 11:20 AM
The original bill listed the possibility of a aircraft carrier to which the governor laughingly commented that they would need a bigger lake if they got one! The amendment to it removed the idea of a aircraft carrier from its content, but still did not pass. The interesting idea to me is that there are finally people in govt that are looking forward and see the writing on the wall.

mollypup
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Wyoming Doomsday Bill Advances In State House (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/25/wyoming-doomsday-bill_n_1301710.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009&ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false)

Was news to me, a friend alerted me to it. Apparently Wyoming is taking steps to figure out how to survive a governmental collapse, with making plans all the way up to standing up its own army to issuing its own currency. Will look into this more and post what I find out!

What this tells me is that someone knows something is going to happen and it won't be good, at least not the immediate realities of it. And therefore, they are attempting to take some measures to protect themselves from probably the Federal Government coming in and taking all of Wyoming's resources. Sounds like a financial collapse preparation scenario. I think it's too late anyway....they should have started this several years ago. They wouldn't be ready in time even if it did pass.