PDA

View Full Version : Headed to The Land of the Living (On grid)

Taz Baby
03-03-2012, 05:08 AM
Just letting you guys know we will be going back to on grid March 23. I will be back in The Land of the Living for 4 to 6 weeks hooray. I will have full access to a computer and not have to use this stupid phone. Beware I am going to bambared this conoly with every piece of info I have and read everything on here too. And lots and lots of pics too.

Stormfeather
03-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Looking forward to it Taz!

Sniper-T
03-03-2012, 02:26 PM
I feel both sorry for you leaving your hollow, and happy to be seeing more of you.

I am so torn!

:)

Taz Baby
03-03-2012, 02:57 PM
We stay torn like that sniper. Wish our business would take off up here but the big $ just aren,t here. On the bright side we only leave 12 weeks out of the years and not all at once. So we do stay in the holler more. On the bad side when we do leave it is always in the garden season and we can,t get any animals.

Taz Baby
03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
It,s that time. Leaving in the morning. Will be off of here for a few days. Will be in contact as soon as I can. ICE CREAM I HAVE MISSED YOU SO.

Sniper-T
03-22-2012, 12:26 AM
lol. Ironically enough the big reward challenge on survivor was for ice cream.

Safe travels!

bacpacker
03-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Be safe Taz. Look forward to hearing from you again soon.

IDTANDY
03-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Take care Taz,looking forward to your posts.:cool:

Katrina
03-22-2012, 03:52 AM
Welcome back ( for awhile) hope all goes well

The Stig
03-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Just letting you guys know we will be going back to on grid March 23. I will be back in The Land of the Living for 4 to 6 weeks hooray. I will have full access to a computer and not have to use this stupid phone. Beware I am going to bambared this conoly with every piece of info I have and read everything on here too. And lots and lots of pics too.

We are standing by for the bombing run!

Sniper-T
03-23-2012, 12:16 AM
locked and loaded... my sd cards and printer are ready for the innundation....

Taz Baby
03-24-2012, 03:08 AM
Woohoo I am back to the land of the living. Made it safe and sound. Tired but here. Been unpacking and finding things I forgot to bring. Like pots and pans now that I got a kitchen with a stove for once. I have a one bedroom efficiency this time. I now don't want to work. I want to bake my pee pickin heart out. Going food shopping tomorrow and buying everything that I can bake. Going to get fat fur sure but who cares, I,m going to enjoy this to no end.

IDTANDY
03-24-2012, 03:54 AM
Glad to see you made it in one piece ;)

realist
03-24-2012, 05:13 AM
Dial up sucks almost as bad as satellite. Then you find a place that has high speed internet and it is great. No longer does it take 20 minutes to up load a photo. You are able to even watch some You Tube videos. Have fun while it lasts........

Sniper-T
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
blah blah blah... until it goes down.

and it does go down!

We have top o' line fibe optics at work, pay a HUGE premium for it, and aren't much better off than cable. Everytime we complain they comp us a month or two... but it still isn't right. HOLY HAYZUZ people... GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

Taz Baby
03-27-2012, 12:27 AM
We only have internet on Phone or WiFi everywhere we go so we don't have to worry anymore is the cable goes out or Land phone doesn't work . But I hate to have to use the little tiny buttons to type with on the phone.

Sniper-T
03-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Taz... cae to explain a little... you live in the 'bush' 9+ months a year. work, 12 weeks a year, and that pays for your year... from what I glean.

I am envied at work for taking 12 weeks a year holidays.... seriously... WHAT do you do?

Taz Baby
03-27-2012, 12:48 AM
PM coming sniper

Sniper-T
03-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Taz... care to explain a little... you live in the 'bush' 9+ months a year. work, 12 weeks a year, and that pays for your year... from what I glean.

I am envied at work for taking 12-15 weeks a year holidays.... seriously... WHAT do you do?

Taz Baby
03-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Taz... cae to explain a little... you live in the 'bush' 9+ months a year. work, 12 weeks a year, and that pays for your year... from what I glean.

I am envied at work for taking 12 weeks a year holidays.... seriously... WHAT do you do?

clear some room for my PM

Sniper-T
03-27-2012, 12:58 AM
done

Taz Baby
08-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Well that time has come for us to return to the "LAND OF THE LIVING". Back to T.V., air conditioning, electric all the time with a switch of a button( not cranking the genny), And by having that luxury that means we have to go back to work. We are hoping to meet up with some folks on here for a meet and greet also one weekend if our times can match up. That also means and this is a warning like last time, THAT I will have full blown internet and a big keyboard to type from.(not my stupid phone limited internet and XXXsmall keyboard. So I again warn you like I always do I will be on here a lot more sending you all the stuff I gave been gathering the last 4 months that I have not been able to share. WE will have 5 weeks of work and then hopefully we can come back off grid a build my house That we have tried to do this summer with no luck and ran out of time.

Sniper-T
08-27-2012, 04:44 PM
As like before... looking foreward to your increased presence! I'll start stocking up on flash drives

Taz Baby
08-27-2012, 04:53 PM
As like before... looking foreward to your increased presence! I'll start stocking up on flash drives

Sniper You always make me laugh. Maybe we can meet in person one day as that would be a very good time I'm sure.

Sniper-T
08-27-2012, 04:59 PM
The only bad part of this board is the distance apart that we all are. :(

And yeah T-baby... I think you'd be a hoot too!

ladyhk13
08-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Sniper Dude you have NO IDEA!!!

Evolver
08-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Fellow Floridian is welcoming you home. :) So what is the one thing that your looking forward to the most?

Taz Baby
08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Fellow Floridian is welcoming you home. :) So what is the one thing that your looking forward to the most?

Meeting you guys would be awesome. But I really miss T. V. I miss watching Nascar and seeing Tony Stewert :mad:

Evolver
08-28-2012, 12:00 AM
Like him getting pissed off at Kenseth and doing a two handed throw of his helmet at Kenseths car as he drove by?

bacpacker
08-28-2012, 12:03 AM
I love Bristol. So glad they changed the track back.

Like Sniper said, Got my thumb drives lined up and waiting Taz.

Taz Baby
08-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Like him getting pissed off at Kenseth and doing a two handed throw of his helmet at Kenseths car as he drove by?

haven,t seen T V since the last time I was there. Would of loved to see that. Him and me have the same no give a sh$t ataditude. Don,t care what people think of us. But with him, he has to control his, I don,t ha ha

Evolver
08-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Bristol is one of my favs also and ditto. Martinsville is the other and Talladega is one of my least. :o

Taz Baby
08-28-2012, 12:18 AM
mine too. It won't be long now before we can have T.v. Here offgrid. That is if the world will hold together long enough. 1 more year is all we need.

izzyscout21
08-28-2012, 12:44 AM
I used to go to school near Bristol......never got to catch a race.

ladyhk13
08-28-2012, 01:10 AM
I lived right on the other side of the "hill" of Bristol. They did the fly by over my house. Went to some races. Remember a few years back when it snowed??? That was too funny. Everyone in 'tent' city (it's across the street from the track, a big field where everyone camps) was bored, the drivers were bored so some of the drivers came out and started a snowball fight. Everyone had a good time.
The track is so much smaller in real life than what it looks like on t.v. I don't even know how they ever kept track of who was where before computer chips were put on the cars. It's my fav track. Been to Daytona a bunch too of course being from FL. but it's just too big. Love the small tracks where you can't hear a thing and you feel the engines inside your chest the whole race and not every 3 minutes when the pack comes past ya! Been to Nashville too. My best friends brother Scott is Carl Edwards' engineer, well kind of Crew Chief now. He is trying to decide whether to stay with him or go to Gordon (who has offered him a job). He is picking certain races to chief on (the one Edwards won a couple of weeks ago Scott was running) so I guess at the end of the season he's going to make a decision on where he's going to be. I've been a Gordon fan since my bestest in the world retired (The KING!!!) but I actually have had to root for Edwards since her brother went to him...but I did nail a "Gordon Fan Parking Only" sign on her barn just to get even...she hates gordon. Tit for tat!
I told her it's going to REALLY SUCK if her brother decides to go to work for Gordon because then SHE is going to have to root for him in support of her brother...oh the sheer joy! I know, I'm such a stinker.

bacpacker
08-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Bristol has always been my favorite, followed closely by richmond, martinsville, and the old rockingham track (wish they would bring that one back). I do like dega (200mph is gotta be cool) and the road courses, espically Watkins Glen, but I absolutely detest all these damn mile and a half tracks.

Speaking of the King, I was always a David Pearson fan. And loved watching Cale fight anyone around. I'd like to see him tangle with the Busch boys. I bet he'd kick both their asses today.

Taz Baby
08-28-2012, 01:35 AM
My Mom took care of David Pearson's dad when he got sick. Dave took us to Daytona every time he was there. That was my first time in a race car going around the track. It was very scary and fun for a 8 yr old kid.

ladyhk13
08-28-2012, 05:09 AM
Oh yeah, they sure have taken the "man" out of the sport. Now it's pretty much little boys and girls (OMG GIRLS!!!!). Back in the day after a good race the boys would jump the fence and beat the crap out of each other if one of them pissed each other off during the race. Ahhhhh the good ol' days.
My grandma was a race fan and would take me to the Fonda Speedway in upstate NY every Sat night, guess that's why I love it to this day. Haven't watched a race this season though since it's the first one without my dad. We would have our weekly talks but I just don't have the heart this year to watch them. Maybe next year I can do it.
I've driven on the Bristol track before and holy cow, 36 degrees is steep (I think it's 36 degrees)! Every Christmas they have a light show on the track and you can take your own car out there. I took my Jeep Grand Cherokee one year and went up as high as I could. My mom was in the passanger seat having a cow screaming "you're going to flip us over, you're going to flip us over!!! Slow down, get back to the bottom!!! You're going to flip us over!!!!" I just calmly said "Mom, that's what I have insurance for and kept going. She never went with me again. I guess short fat Germans don't like racetracks when not in a race car but I was not passing up the chance and it was fun. Had a friend in the back seat and she never said a word. It was kind of funny.

bacpacker
08-28-2012, 10:13 AM
I've never made it up for the light show. Thats suppose to be something special.

Evolver
08-28-2012, 11:13 PM
I had no idea that there were Nascar fans here.:p The subject has never came up before until you brought it up Taz so... "Boogity Boogity Boogity Let's Go Racing" :)

Grumpy Old Man
08-28-2012, 11:23 PM
NASCAR ain't NASCAR with Toyotas running! And yes, I hate Kyle Busch! I won't wear the new Matt Kenseth hat (Zest for Pete's sake) and Jimmy is still the man. However there was no one quite like Richard Petty. Not that I have any strong feelings about it one way or the other.

ladyhk13
08-28-2012, 11:31 PM
I've never made it up for the light show. Thats suppose to be something special.

It's (or was when I lived in Bristol) awesome. They even have an ice skating rink set up in the parking lot. Tried to get somebody...ANYBODY to go with me but no luck so I never had a chance. Can't believe how chicken people are. People with kids should really go and adults who want to drive the track should go too. I kind of went above the "lines" that you are supposed to go just because, well I'm not good at staying in between the lines! I just had to feel it and see how far up the track I could get. I could have gone further if I wasn't in and SUV and my mom wasn't having a heart attack. I don't know if they fixed those "open" areas now because of people like me or not, this was several years ago.
I actually loved the Tri-Cities area just couldn't find any acreage up there for sale that wasn't vertical.

bacpacker
08-28-2012, 11:32 PM
E, I'm glad I'm not the only one around here.

Grumpy, I drive Toyota's but sort of felt like you, till I got to thinking about the cars themselves. Hell there all the same thing mostly. They just have different paint jobs. They all have to pass the same body jigs. They all run the same fuel injection now.

ladyhk13
08-28-2012, 11:42 PM
NASCAR ain't NASCAR with Toyotas running! And yes, I hate Kyle Busch! I won't wear the new Matt Kenseth hat (Zest for Pete's sake) and Jimmy is still the man. However there was no one quite like Richard Petty. Not that I have any strong feelings about it one way or the other.

I agree! No foreign cars or foreign people!!! Ditto on Busch, poo poo on Jimmy (ok, he does need to win for Gordon to make money though) and Richard will always be the King. I have an envelope that he signed on July 4th 1980 something (brain fart) when he won his 200th race. It has a photo of him with goldleaf, it has a stamp on it and run through the Daytona Beach Post office and postmarked by them actually on July 4th. I have had it for almost 20 years now. Maybe one of these years I should get it appraised since I don't think there are very many of these out there.

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea that there were Nascar fans here.:p The subject has never came up before until you brought it up Taz so... "Boogity Boogity Boogity Let's Go Racing" :)

Yeah, we need DW and Michael in the booth at the same time - those guys are nuts but they gotta get rid of that stupid rodent that they have in the corner all the time now.

Evolver
08-28-2012, 11:54 PM

Yeah I have a few 48 cars, clocks, calendars and figurines around the house and Justa has the same but her number is 29. :) I also like the Buff but it's too bad that he drives a Ford. (Evolver is Ducking)

bacpacker
08-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Now hell, don't tell me they ain't no Jr fans around here? It ain't the same, but he does make me think about Sr sometimes.

Taz Baby
08-29-2012, 12:06 AM

Well maybe there should be a sports thread for this kind of thing. Like SPORTS with sub titles like Baseball, basketball football and NASCAR. As far as Nascar goes and Tony Stewert, they go hand and hand. Kyle is a cry baby, Matt is a yo-yo driver, Montoya can never finish a race without wrecking someone, and now look what you guy's started. I can go on n on n on .................. about Nascar. I was 2 the first time I got into racing. My Dad was friends with the old timers at Daytona.

ladyhk13
08-29-2012, 12:09 AM
I used to work for the company that did the Racing Collectable Price Guide every month that was the bible of racing collectables. We would send out forms to dealers all over the country each month, they would write down what they were selling die cast, cards and everything racing related and mail it back to us. We would average all the figures and price the items, take pics of new stuff coming out, have interviews with drivers..all kinds of stuff.
We even got involved with the Iditarod in Alaska (have the first run of cards from that) and the very first Dream Team (have the first run of cards of that too - somewhere). it was very interesting but a bit stressful because of the deadline and trying to get all the figures from every dealer and coming up with articles. Pretty cool though. The company was owned by a family but when the couple got divorced it went under...that was sad.

bacpacker
08-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Question :

How many drivers does it take to blow up a Jet Dryer?

Just Juan!

Taz Baby
08-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Now hell, don't tell me they ain't no Jr fans around here? It ain't the same, but he does make me think about Sr sometimes.

Jr kinda lost his nerve after his wreck and head injury happened shortly after his dad died. Don't think he really has gotten it back yet. Seems like he is just barely hanging on. But I have3 always said that he just needs to change teams so he can get a better car. Evolver:::::::::::48 (eeewww) and yes I hate Lowes too) Fords yuck Chevy rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toyo are in the middle. Hard to kill them.

Loved to watch the Daytona races when they were on the beach sand.

Evolver
08-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Question :

How many drivers does it take to blow up a Jet Dryer?

Just Juan!

Hahahhahahahahahaha YUP JUST JUAN!!!

As for Jr... I kinda am on a fence with him I liked him up until he started to miss his pit on more than one occasion. The only thing that I can blame it on isn't very nice but now that he's with Hendrick it seem like his head is facing more forward.

Taz Baby
08-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Just Juan now that is one I am going to be using. LMAO just too funny

Evolver
08-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Just in case you missed it Taz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCHtZ6Tq0E

bacpacker
08-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Jr had his head up his ass for a while. I blame it on his step mom, who is really no longer involved with the team, other than to collect whatever money she can get. IMO Sr screwed up not naming Jr in his will. Teresa destroyed that team. I never liked Hendrick Racing much, (can't stand Gordon, Sorry, not really), but he has tried to get Jr back on track after his dad died.

ladyhk13
08-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Never been a Jr fan (he seems to be a nice person though) and I couldn't stand his dad. Not to speak ill of the dead. One of my best friends was a fan of his so while I worked for MotorArt one of our photographers got a pic of him leaning against his car under the lights (this was the first pic ever taken - Richmond was not always lit so it was a big deal) so when it came across my desk I gave it to her...yup, the origional photo of Dale standing with his car on the track under the Richmond lights. She about flipped out. It is probably still in her safety deposit box.

Grumpy Old Man
08-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Hell, Sr would have put Jr in the wall if he thought it would help him win! The Fontana track is only about 40 miles NW of me, so we get our tickets at the grocery store. (Incidentally, that area is known locally as Fontucky). And Kevin Harvick is from Bakersfield, the western capitol of Oklahoma. We likes our NASCAR out here!

Taz Baby
09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Ok we finally made it here and now we are among the living,( for a short time). Just letting you guys and gal's know what had happened to me.

bacpacker
09-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Glad you made it in good shape.

realist
09-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the land of fun and sun..........

ladyhk13
09-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah!!!!! Welcome back. Glad you guys are safe once again. Been missing you Twin!

Evolver
09-09-2012, 11:42 AM
WB

Taz Baby
09-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks ants. It has been raining ever since we got here and of course it does, it,s the sunshine state right? Not. But if all goes well we will be out of here before the elections and back to our safety place. I hate being here this time as it is really close to when I think the SHTF.