PDA

View Full Version : BIG Four O

eagle326
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Yesterday was my wife's and I 40th. wedding anniversary. Youngest daughter tells us in the morning that she's taking us out to eat. And that she's already picked the place and won't tell us where. Nothing like leaving 2 old people hanging. So the wife and I figure that it's a good reason to bathe this week. So after getting all gussied up ; I follow her driving instructions and pull up to the eatery and walk in and there are our other children and spouses which she neglected to tell us about. Usually we can catch any surprise they try to pull. But this time we were had. Damn kids are getting good at deceptions!!

The place is Wasabi's ; An oriental restaurant where they cook your meal on a big griddle in front of you while quipping little phrases and shooting Sake in your mouth. We had the steak with lobster ; shrimp and scallops dish. First time we had ever been to one and it was really great with great food. The cooks are very entertaining and make preparing your meal a work of art.

Don't know if you have any around you but I believe they are worth a try. Oh and the Sake wasn't bad either or the onion volcano.

Gunfixr
03-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Nice, very nice.
Congrats on 40yrs.
We're about halfway there.

helomech
03-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Congrats on your 40th. Hope yall have many more.

Sniper-T
03-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Congrats!

That's certainly an accomplishment... pulling the wool over the eyes of preppers!

kudos to the kids

lol

eagle326
03-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Congrats!

That's certainly an accomplishment... pulling the wool over the eyes of preppers!

kudos to the kids

lol

Yes ; May have taught them too well.

bacpacker
03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Congrats Eagle. good on the kids to. You did teach them well.

Wasabi's is great. I love the food and the show they put on is pretty cool to.

The Stig
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
40 years....inspiring!

eagle326
03-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Congrats Eagle. good on the kids to. You did teach them well.

Wasabi's is great. I love the food and the show they put on is pretty cool to.

True Backpacker ; Now I have to devise new techniques.

eagle326
03-04-2012, 08:21 PM
40 years....inspiring!

It's easy Stig once you learn how to control them.

1- Yes dear
2- Sorry
3- my fault
4- You're right again dear
5- Where would I be without you
6- You're much too understanding to a man like me.
7- I married up when I married you dear
8- Getting right on it dear
9- my wallet's on the table dear.
10- No No dear ; bolonga's just fine. Enjoy your steak.

There's more but I can't give away all my secrets

mitunnelrat
03-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Wow. Congrats! and after your last post I see where I went wrong! ;)

apssbc
03-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Congrats to you and yours! Truly is awesome to hear that. Its not too common anymore. Damn glad to hear it!

bacpacker
03-04-2012, 11:53 PM
It's easy Stig once you learn how to control them.

1- Yes dear
2- Sorry
3- my fault
4- You're right again dear
5- Where would I be without you
6- You're much too understanding to a man like me.
7- I married up when I married you dear
8- Getting right on it dear
9- my wallet's on the table dear.
10- No No dear ; bolonga's just fine. Enjoy your steak.

There's more but I can't give away all my secrets

The wife likes the list Eagle. She did say you forgot one though. "bathe me in diamonds".

For some reason she thinks she should get a diamond every time I get a gun. i think I'm running behind. :) We.are working on 28 years, so I guess we're doin OK.

Major congrats to you guys, this day and time 40 years is really sayin something about your all's commitment to each other.

Katrina
03-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Congrats, Duh hubs and I are working on our 38th this year. By the way he follows the list too LOL.

realist
03-05-2012, 03:38 AM
Sweet 40 years is great, congratulations.

LUNCHBOX
03-05-2012, 03:51 AM
Congrats Eagle. I like the list also.

eagle326
03-05-2012, 04:03 AM
The wife likes the list Eagle. She did say you forgot one though. "bathe me in diamonds".

For some reason she thinks she should get a diamond every time I get a gun. i think I'm running behind. :) We.are working on 28 years, so I guess we're doin OK.

Major congrats to you guys, this day and time 40 years is really sayin something about your all's commitment to each other.

Oh trust me B-Packer the wifey has her jewelry. First thing I took care.Now we concentrate on the other little things. ;)
You 2 are doing more than okay. 28 years says a lot about how you work as a team. Before you know it you'll be right up there at 40 yrs. May you 2 have many more years together.

eagle326
03-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Congrats, Duh hubs and I are working on our 38th this year. By the way he follows the list too LOL.

Of course ; men are like puppies once we're taught what indoor plumbing and bathrooms are along with the food thing we're hooked. :)

Taz Baby
03-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Congrats to both of you for having the courage and the strength to stand by each other for 40 yrs. and Pray that neither one of you gets the 40 yr. itch. But if you do Please let your spouse scratch it. ;)

ak474u
03-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Congrats on the accomplishment of 40 years, my parents are about to hit 50 if my dad makes it that long. Good for your kids throwing you a surprise party, it could be worse, it coulda been an intervention, or a discussion about a place where "you and mom won't have to lift a finger, the nice nurses will take care of everything you need, and they have arts and crafts there too" lol

eagle326
03-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Congrats on the accomplishment of 40 years, my parents are about to hit 50 if my dad makes it that long. Good for your kids throwing you a surprise party, it could be worse, it coulda been an intervention, or a discussion about a place where "you and mom won't have to lift a finger, the nice nurses will take care of everything you need, and they have arts and crafts there too" lol

Really hope your father makes it that long and longer Ak474u. Our kids told us not to worry about our old age ; That they'll take right good care of us.

We'll be getting the BEST wax covered cardboard boxes they can find behind stores so we can have rain ; snow proof housing. Can't wait to see what other amenities we get. :eek:

eagle326
03-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Congrats to both of you for having the courage and the strength to stand by each other for 40 yrs. and Pray that neither one of you gets the 40 yr. itch. But if you do Please let your spouse scratch it. ;)

I think this link will explain it the best Taz.

Orleans - Still The One -with lyrics - YouTube (http://youtu.be/SbH_sDyWZqo)