PDA

View Full Version : Disarm the Marines?

Hogleg
03-15-2012, 01:43 AM
I read this news story, and if accurate (that’s a big if), it rubbed me the wrong way.

We can’t trust United States Marines?

Because one guy may, or may not, have went off of the reservation we are going to disarm troops in a combat zone?

Marines disarmed for Leon Panetta speech - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74004.html)

Now if a government doesn’t trust its own soldiers, how big of a step is it to extend that distrust to “its own citizens?”

Anyway, this has stuck in my crawl all day. Just doesn’t seem right…

Twitchy
03-15-2012, 02:02 AM
I found it to be a rather peculiar incident...

The Stig
03-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Moved to Town Hall because it's not really an intelligence briefing......

GunnerMax
03-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Well I thought it was funny when some football players and NFL cheerleaders came over here for a USO visit. They were surrounded by army and Navy. They had bodyguards with the earpieces. that annoyed me

mollypup
03-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I interpreted it this way....they took the guns away during Panetta's speech b/c they feared the marines might have finally had enough of this BS and someone might decided to take out a tremendous chunk of stupid (Panetta). I've read that this massacre was VERY demoralizing to many marines in that they are really ready to get the hell out of Afghanistan.

Gunfixr
03-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Well you know it was Panetta that told a Congressman during a Congressional hearing quite recently that he and Obama did not need Congress' approval to send US troops anywhere, and that they got their approval internationally, specifically, from the UN.
Needless to say, the Congressman wasn't too happy.
He has filed charges of high treason against both Panetta and Obama, and called for Obama's impeachment.
So, nothing that idiot (Panetta) does surprises me.

IDTANDY
03-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Well you know it was Panetta that told a Congressman during a Congressional hearing quite recently that he and Obama did not need Congress' approval to send US troops anywhere, and that they got their approval internationally, specifically, from the UN.
Needless to say, the Congressman wasn't too happy.
He has filed charges of high treason against both Panetta and Obama, and called for Obama's impeachment.
So, nothing that idiot (Panetta) does surprises me.

This so true , the subjection of our constitution to the UN by this adminstration and previous ones.:mad: