PDA

View Full Version : FIRE!!!!

Dropy
03-18-2012, 02:49 AM
So this morning me and the woman head out to meet her daughters boyfriends family at there farm. We brought guns to shoot. Ate some good busrgers and stuff, his family are good people. Got to shoot my sig finally, love at firt shot!!!! The woman preferred the 9 mm round over my 40. Different strokes......

On the way home after several hours of very fun and relaxing time at the farm. I get to the edge of town and my phone rings. I answer it....

"Yeah."

"The house is on fire."

"WHAT!?!?!"

"Yeah, there is smoke coming from joes room. we called the fire department."

"On my way." Click.

SO iu follow the fire truck to my house. It was a about 300 yards ahead of me. They put the fire out. YAY!

Apparantly my fiancees oldest son (30 year old college gtrad who lives in our basement bedroom and pays no rent.....) Went to work this morning and left a candle burning on the window ledge and it fell over onto his bed..... Yeah.

Chief said the room hit over 800 degrees, and had the window been closed the whole house would have went up. Fortunately only his room was torched, along with his brand new computer, 55 inch tv etc etc.....

Rest oif the house has smoke damage but since a friend of a friend was master electrician he came out and got our power back within the hour. SO we have power and water, no gas for heat or hot water. That is ok though....we can shower elsewhere.

God takes care of his own. We are well taken care of.

helomech
03-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Man that sucks, but glad it was not worse.

Sniper-T
03-18-2012, 03:06 AM
wow. glad you're ok. I'm thinking that maybe it's time he moved out??

bacpacker
03-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Glad no one was hurt and it wasn't worse than it was. It does suck and will be a lot of work cleaning up the mess. It does sound like a (ir)responsible party needs to get to work cleaning ASAP.

realist
03-18-2012, 03:44 AM
Sniper it should be has moved out....... Well it was time to remodel the basement anyway, don't for get to put in a walk in safe and shelving for your preps. If you don't have a bed down there people can't sleep there.... Glad your family is okay. That is why we have insurance, to protect us from natural and unnatural disasters.

Twitchy
03-18-2012, 04:02 AM
glad everyone is okay man! Fires are scary business... been there done that have the pictures to prove it... glad it didnt turn out worse than it did...

ladyhk13
03-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Thank God there were no animals in there.

Katrina
03-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Glad no one was hurt. Hope the damage gets fixed quickly.

Dropy
03-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Thank God there were no animals in there.

My dog was put outside, but the cat was still in the basement and firmenem FINALLY found her. she WAS white with brown and black spots. today she is grey with blacker and browner spots. And she leaves little kitty soot footprints everywhere now. =) But they are ok.

I truly love my dog (and her kat to an extent) as if they were my flesh and blood children. So them being ok kept me sane. MY dog won't leave me alone as she is very intuned with my mental goings-ons. And they are both pretty scared kids. Last night we slept at home cuz power is back on and we got water. Had to boil water for my bath this morning, but thats ok. I was sleeping in the bed on my pillow, dog was next to me on HER pillow, and fiancee was next to her on HER 3 pillows (and stuffed doggy), cat was all over (sometimes sleeping at fiancees feet, sometimes sharing pillows with her and dog. It was kinda cute. Animals are stressed, but will be ok in a few days i am sure.

Thanx for the love. With support from friends like you guys and God's unflinching love we shall overcome even this.

eagle326
03-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Sorry to read about the fire. Glad everyone is unhurt and that the animals are fine.
Hope the clean up goes well.

Katrina
03-18-2012, 08:40 PM
When they start joining you in the shower, be nice to'em. My son's apt went up in smoke due to another disgruntled (evicted) tenant and both cats would sit in the bathroom and get in shower with him because they didn't want to be alone. They eventually got over it but he had a heck of a time taking showers alone for a awhile.

Dropy
03-18-2012, 10:14 PM
lol my cat comes close already. She sits on the edge and sticks her head in. As soon as i get out she jumps in to lick the fresh water that is draining.

Grumpy Old Man
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Wow! Just wow! I'm grateful that the Almighty has held you and yours close during this time. Hope all continues to go well as you continue the go through this SHTF event. I agree that the fiancee needs to man up and take care of the damage he caused. I might also add that not all college graduates lack common sense, only those whose degrees aren't in the sciences, engineering or agriculture.

PS, Psychology and Sociology don't count as sciences-they aren't quantifiable and and the experimental results aren't reproduceable. Sorry, hard science bias here.

Dropy
03-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Ok this is stressful as hell!!! Taking 4 days off work to cordinate everyonbe involved. Been driving a jackhammer since yesterday noonish and carrying crushed crete all day. Besides doing inventory, cleanup, dealing with work, going to job interviews, doctor appt thursday (and she is gonna chew my a$$ out). Its taken devine guidance to keep me sane right now. And i am typing this on a soot covered computer.....

Sniper-T
03-21-2012, 07:05 PM
not all college graduates lack common sense, only those whose degrees aren't in the sciences, engineering or agriculture...

I really have to disagree with ya Grumpy. I have a 'soft' science degree, and am one of the most common sensible people I know. My brother has an Engineering degree and doesn't have the common sense that God gave a frozen chicken wing!

It isn't the school that makes the man... it is the man that makes the most of his schooling!

I'll forgive you though... you've been snorting concrete dust for a long time!

;)