PDA

View Full Version : On the search of a metal Cabinet

GunnerMax
03-19-2012, 06:14 PM
guys/gals

I am looking for a metal cabinet as shown in this picture, or similar to it.

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zf0avc.jpg

Its about 4 feet wide, 2 feet deep, and 6.5 feet tall

I am trying to find a place online that sells them. Preferably used, as new ones run $300+!!!
I am asking for your combined internet searching power to try and find some options, as I have spent over an hour searching...

I want to use it for SHTF preps, and my vests/spare ammo/accessories.

Thanks,
Max

Sniper-T
03-19-2012, 06:24 PM
try office supply places?

GunnerMax
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
im still on the search....

bacpacker
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Lowes or HD may carry something similar

GunnerMax
03-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Found one that is close enough, but hell, look at the price!! http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organization-Commercial-Grade-Storage/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbduz/R-100656697/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

im getting closer to finding one, but further away on the price im willing to pay :/

Sniper-T
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
I had a closer look at your dream cabinet, and if that isn't home built, it is home modified.

The box in the bottom of the right side is looks to be aftermarket added, you can see a fresh weld in the top right corner of it.
The padlock tab in between the doors looks aftermarket

have you called local salvage companies around you? If a company goes bankrupt, or a building burns, these guys go in and take anything of value and sell it?? possibly

GunnerMax
03-20-2012, 12:39 AM
sniper, these lockers were made in the middle east, at least there is a 99% chance, as shipping thousands of these would be too expensive, thus explaining the lack of labeling. The padlock between the doors is crappy quality, thats all to that story.

I will look into salvage companies though. thanks for the suggestion

Sniper-T
03-20-2012, 12:45 AM
what's your budget? any decent tin basher can probably make you one for less than a couple hundred bones. I know I could! but shipping would kill you!

realist
03-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Another place that you might check is Military surplus. I have seen similar types of cabinets in my travels to the DRMO.

ladyhk13
03-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Another place that you might check is Military surplus. I have seen similar types of cabinets in my travels to the DRMO.

That's exactly what I was going to say. You can find office stuff all day long that way. We also have this little house not far from base that gets stuff and resells all the time...he puts it all in his front yard and you pull up and ask what he wants. Some stuff he'll drop his price depending on how long he's had sitting there or how much more room he needs.

GunnerMax
03-20-2012, 09:39 AM
oh, I know about DRMO. believe me, I am going to hit up DRMO come summertime. I wonder what I will find. :)

izzyscout21
03-23-2012, 02:22 AM
how bout some old High school lockers?? Throw in a few shelves and youre done.

GunnerMax
03-23-2012, 04:19 AM
yeah, im working on that angle. I found a place that is selling old office metal cabinets for about $50 each, but the DW refuses to drive my shitty truck to fill it up and drive it back, and unload it (while pregnant) I told her she doesnt have to load/unload