PDA

View Full Version : hojo motor.

Dropy
03-20-2012, 02:24 AM
this seems to have potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBCbpTdj0ls

Sniper-T
03-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Interesting. I would like to see more about the design, and what all is in between those layers of plywood.

try this for the link:

New Invention In Renewable Energy - HoJo Magnetic Motor - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBCbpTdj0ls)

Dropy
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM
friend has the plans. it i sjust magnets between the plywood layers. the idea is the magnets repluse each other in such a way as to turn the wheel. the shaft inside the wheel is connected to the alternator/generator thereby turning that. which in turns makes power. simple really. and totally doable at a hardware store for 100-200$.

helomech
03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I just don't believe it works. Even if you could get the magnents to work in that way (which I don't think they will) the amount of power it takes to turn any kind of alternator would stop it. I am sure you could get the shaft to turn for a little while, but it would stop soon after even with no alternator. I wish it would work, but physics says it won't.

Dropy
03-20-2012, 04:00 PM
the youtube vid shows one working. Friend says he has seen a large hojo motor working and it produced 5k of power at 3200 rpm's. But i will build one myself and see how it goes. It isnt expensive and it has me wondering. The good thing about them, IF they do actually work, is that they will spin nonstop for years at a time unless there is some sort of physical change to them such as you stop it or something falls into it and gets lodged in etc.

Once i get all this fire damage stuff dealt with and i get my home back to normal i will make one and post a vid for us all to watch.

helomech
03-20-2012, 04:07 PM
the youtube vid shows one working. Friend says he has seen a large hojo motor working and it produced 5k of power at 3200 rpm's. But i will build one myself and see how it goes. It isnt expensive and it has me wondering. The good thing about them, IF they do actually work, is that they will spin nonstop for years at a time unless there is some sort of physical change to them such as you stop it or something falls into it and gets lodged in etc.

Once i get all this fire damage stuff dealt with and i get my home back to normal i will make one and post a vid for us all to watch.

Sorry but there is no way it would produce 5kw. My 5kw generator has a 9hp engine and it bogs down. If someone can make it work they would be rich. Perpetual motion just does not exist. It takes energy to make energy. This is the same as an electric motor, and those don't run if not plugged in. The magnents in an electric motor have to have electicity put to them to make them spin the armature.

I truly wish this was possible, I would build a few of them and unplug from the grid, but that is not going to happen.

PLEASE PLEAS prove me wrong.

Sniper-T
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
I passed this along to a couple of engineers here at work, and the concesus is that this myth is BUSTED!

Energy cannot be created from nothing. if you put 100k in you will get less than that out. there are factors like loses to consider. whether it is from bearings, belts or whatever.

There are also several other videos out that show equipment running off this set up like grinders and drill presses, but there is no load placed on the tools. Just the load from an alternator/generator would be enough to slow it and stop it.

I gotta side with Helo on this one. I gotta see it from a relyable source to believe it.

anxiously awaiting your experiments Dropy!
:)

Dropy
03-20-2012, 04:53 PM
When i see things like this i am always leery. Example is the tesla generator thing. This i will actually spend the time and money to try out and play with. From what i understand it is all a matter of magnet placement around the ring. Size of ring = torque. SO a larger ring can produce more torque than a smaller ring. OF course the number of magnets would probably also be a matter of consideration.

Annother factor is distance from magneton the ring verses magnets in the surrounding frames. Closer they are the better the effect. Or so i believe at this point.

From what i understand Howard Jonson, the man who invented this MANY years ago. Had his machines basically made illegal by the government so that the electric companies would not be put out of business. Again all the info i have is heresay at this point and i have not done any indepth research yet nor have i had a chance to experiment yet.

Maybe next week once my home is normal i can do some and let you all know what i find out.

I KNOW we would ALL LOVE to have something like this if it works. So i thinkl it bears my best in finding out fact or myth as to what the possible power output could possibly be.

Stay tuned.

helomech
03-20-2012, 05:09 PM
If you just want to tinker, go for it. But it is basically an electric motor. In order to the the magnents to spin the central piece you have to be able to turn the magnents on and off. If you don't have a way to turn the magnents on and off then the rotation will soon stop, because all the magnent are equal. If it works I want 10 of them, I just don't believe it is possible. Same thing as the hydrogen genertors people where putting on their cars not long ago. But it takes power to make power. To produce enough hydrogen you have to have a lot of electricity. Unfortunantly nothing is free.

Dropy
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
I was thinking this same thing helomech. Apparantly the magnets use the poles that push them away from each other. Apparantly you place the magnets in such a way that the repulsion they create turns the central wheel. There is asome sort of shaft in the center wheel. You attach a generator type device to the shaft and this is where they power is made.

But we will see once i get it together.

helomech
03-20-2012, 05:36 PM
I was thinking this same thing helomech. Apparantly the magnets use the poles that push them away from each other. Apparantly you place the magnets in such a way that the repulsion they create turns the central wheel. There is asome sort of shaft in the center wheel. You attach a generator type device to the shaft and this is where they power is made.

But we will see once i get it together.

Yeah, but it doesn't work that way. You have to be able to turn the magnets on and off. If not they will equilize.

Dropy
03-20-2012, 07:29 PM
o really? didnt know this. another aspect of it to consider.

helomech
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
o really? didnt know this. another aspect of it to consider.

That is how an electric motor works. If all magnents are on at the same time then nothing happens.

Southern Yankee
03-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Its the same concept as a distributor in a vehicle. Timing is very important.

Evolver
03-21-2012, 12:28 AM
If this really did work to produce free power... The laws of physics would have been rewritten many many years ago.

Sniper-T
03-21-2012, 01:04 AM
I argue with my geeks at work all the time (engineers), I don't know how, but I do believe that something either exists, or is on the border of existing, that would work! Yes I believe that a perpetual motion machine IS possible. Unfortunately, it's beyond my scope, but then again I believe that the NCCP 1701 is possible.

shit! did I say that out loud???

bacpacker
03-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Well crap Sniper you made me go look that up.

Taz Baby
03-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Never underestimate the power of thinking. If one thinks hard enough and thinks things thru around all angles and is determined then things happen. So Dropy if you feel that this is something you really can do I say go for it. Who knows you might be the one who makes it really happen against the laws of Physics. People are always telling me to turn off my brain for a day and like the world catch up. Well I can't do that because I am always trying to make things work easier for me. I would rather go thru something instead of taking the long way around, lol. For example. Just the other day I wanted to go to the top of the ridge to see what was there. But DH said the only way up there was to go way around to the other side and climb. But I couldn't see that. All I saw was climbing at where I was until I tried then I saw it was impossible because it was really to steep. Seeing is believing.

Grumpy Old Man
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Before something can be designed and built, it must be imagined! That being said, The law of conservation of energy is the operative principle here. The total energy in an isolated system is constant regardless of changes in the system. QED you can't get energy out without putting some in to replace what you have removed.

Katrina
03-23-2012, 02:01 AM
Live long and prosper!