PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather

Taz Baby
03-20-2012, 05:02 AM
I heard that some parts of Texas and La. Are getting strong storms and posssible tornado,s. Has anyone hearded how our Ant,s in those area,s are doing?

IDTANDY
03-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Forcast 7 in. of rain.Some good storms rolling through.

The Stig
03-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Those storms rolled through MS yesterday and today. Wow. I was down on the coast Monday through lunchtime today and the light show over the Gulf was impressive. High winds, tons of lightening and lots and lot of rain. No issues from it other than Highway 90 was more sand than blacktop this morning. All is well at Casa Del Stig.

Equally impressive was the power line pole that was on fire when I returned to the hotel last night. Apparently it took a direct hit and was alight when I walked up. Interesting, after the fire department extinguished it around 11pm the power company went to work. By 6:30am this morning they had lopped off the burn off pole, erected a new pole, hung the transformers and other hardware, run strung the lines and if you hadn't seen what happened would never know of the issue.

piranha2
03-23-2012, 12:13 AM
You guys and gals in the area stay safe.

bacpacker
03-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Stig, I'm betting those crews get LOTS of practice from the hurricanes and tornado's they see on a regular basis.
Glad to hear all is well in Stigville.

The Stig
03-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Stig, I'm betting those crews get LOTS of practice from the hurricanes and tornado's they see on a regular basis.
Glad to hear all is well in Stigville.

I'm assuming that's what it was. I have nothing to judge their performance against but they seemed to work like a well oiled machine and stayed with it all night to get the job done. Also, the storm continued throughout the night and they never flinched amongst all the lightening and heavy rain.

It was very impressive.