PDA

View Full Version : I learned a valuable lesson last night.

msomnipotent
03-21-2012, 07:37 PM
I get a call from my sister to let me know that my mother is going into the emergency room because her leg really hurts. It has been hurting for a while and her doctors haven't helped. So I tell her to keep me informed. No real cause for alarm because she is still walking around.

A few hours later, my sister tells me that it is bone cancer and there is nothing that can be done for her. I try to call my mother, but the phone is busy and then it just keeps ringing without an answer.

My mother calls me in the morning as chipper as ever. It is a tiny hip fracture and they gave her crutches and pain meds. My idiot sister talked to my father, who only said that the doctors said nothing could be done. She ASSUMED she was dying of bone cancer because my mother had breast cancer and was treated for it. No one ever said anything about cancer! The fracture is so small that they are not treating it.

So now I know for sure never to listen to my sister, especially late at night. And I need a nap now.

Katrina
03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm so sorry your sister worried you so bad. I hope Mom will be okay and heal fast

Sniper-T
03-21-2012, 09:57 PM
whew, big bullet dodged there! Glad everything will be ok.

hmmm... getting even with the sister....
mwahahahahaa

bacpacker
03-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Sorry to hear you got the crap scared out of you over that. Glad things are gonna be ok.

msomnipotent
03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks, everyone. She is one of those people that I know I will have to make "special arrangements" for if it ever hits the fan. She is the worst when it comes to dealing with things.

realist
03-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Sisters, I have got four of them. Love them all however........ a couple are just plan crazy........still love um, just got to keep things in perspective.

LUNCHBOX
03-24-2012, 05:30 AM
No sisters but I have daughters....does that get a seat on the women can be crazy bus? J/k ladies.

Taz Baby
03-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Glad everything was ok and not as bad as you thought. AS for the sister, Hmmmm>.................. Thinking maybe do the same thing to her? Na.... that would be stooping to her level. I know.................B slab her and tell her you love her more because you are not going to pull a stunt like that on her.

realist
03-24-2012, 05:44 AM
Daughter are great and I would not trade her for anything. I just hope she does not do the crazy stuff that I did........

msomnipotent
03-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Sisters, I have got four of them. Love them all however........ a couple are just plan crazy........still love um, just got to keep things in perspective.

I have three. People just do not understand when I say things like, "This tastes just like mosquito spray!" and when they ask how I know what bug spray tastes like, I respond, "I have three sisters". Or when they ask where I got a certain scar from and I respond, "Knife fight" as if it is the most natural thing in the world to be in at least one knife fight.

Katrina
03-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Ms
How's mom doing? hope she is healing well.

msomnipotent
03-30-2012, 12:44 AM
She is doing ok as far as I can tell. The more I ask, the more the story changes. She told me that they did some sort of scan to check for bone cancer because they ruled out osteoporosis and is hoping to get results tomorrow. I talked to a different sister than the first one and she said they already got the results and they don't know why her hip cracked, AND she DOES have osteoporosis from the breast cancer treatments. I think I will just have to go with her to the doctor next time and find out for myself.

Taz Baby
03-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Getting info from the horses mouth is way better than getting it from others. Glad she is doing ok but they really need to find out why.

Katrina
03-30-2012, 03:22 AM
GO WITH HER!! Pop used to fluff over a lot until I started to go with him to Doctors. If I hadn't he probably wouldn't have done anything about his tumors. He would have put it off until it was too late.