PDA

View Full Version : Next Next-Door Neighbor

2600i
03-27-2012, 04:22 AM
Who's your neighbor? Neighborhoods (http://neighbors.whitepages.com/)

GunnerMax
03-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Holy shit, that is both scary and informative at the same time.

I am glad I am not listed. I dont know if its because I moved in less than a year ago or don't have a house phone?....

The Stig
03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
For us anyway, the information is horribly outdated. The satellite picture is so old our house hasn't even been built yet (it's about two years old) and not a single house in our subdivision is listed. Also, they showed our "address" as about 1/4 mile from where it really is.

Not that I'm complaining mind you.

mollypup
03-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow! That's very interesting. But if the grid goes down, so will the internet and hopefully no bad people can access it.

Sniper-T
03-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Up here, it is at least 5 years old, and anything outside of cities is non existant.

makes me happy!

msomnipotent
03-27-2012, 03:28 PM
The pictures are not very current for my neighborhood, but the list of owners seems to be.

realist
03-27-2012, 05:21 PM
When you look at google maps for the most part they are straight down and you are not able to get a good look at the house. However now there are companies that are taking pictures at an oblique angles and you will be amazed at how well you can see the detail of a home. In out county they are using it to check all properties for illegal building. The detail is so good you can tell which way a door will open, or a window will slide. They are great for planning tactical operations so long as you are not on the receiving end. Also for those people who have a green thumb and grow wacky tobaccie it makes for good evidence of past harvests.......

mollypup
03-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Just another tool for Big Brudda to spy on us.