PDA

View Full Version : Why cops should shoot: WARNING - Contains Graphic Pictures!!!

Sniper-T
03-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Last warning...

This post contains some graphic photos of a severely wounded man. If you are queesy, or just don't like blood and gore, than hit <back> now!

I think it is a great reminder about how dangerous someone could be, with only a knife.

Can you imagine having to deal with this AFTER SHTF with no medical assistance??

Two words: Double Tap!

Bang Bang!

T.

via email:

Ever wonder why cops shoot people armed with knives,
broken bottles, glass shards, etc.? If an experienced
knife fighter gets in close, you may not have
the opportunity to use the handgun before he
can do damage.

Remember the 21 foot rule?

Well, don't forget the "Ego Rule"....RUN!!!

These photos are of an officer trained in hand-to-hand combat.

The officer figured that due to his size and fighting skills,
he could disarm a knife wielding aggressor.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/multiplicity/ATT000011.jpg

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/multiplicity/ATT000021.jpg

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/multiplicity/ATT000031.jpg

Here is why I am forwarding these.

To all the idiots out there who always say, "Why did the
Cops have to shoot him? He only had a
(KNIFE,BAT,CLUB,WHATEVER). He didn't HAVE TO BE SHOT
To that, I respond, " ... Shoot 'em".

If an officer tells you to drop your weapon, just drop it.
If you're a retard, stupid, on crack, mental or just
"scared"... Too bad.

No one deserves what this cop got for just doing
his job. If you have a knife and don't drop it, then you should die...Period.

This is vivid proof of how deadly people who are
"only armed with a knife" can be. Some of the public think
that officers should try to disarm someone armed with a knife.
But anyone who has had training in knife fighting will
tell you - even if you win, you are going to get cut.

Keep this in the back of your mind when
Confronting someone armed with an edged weapon.

The Stig
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Sniper asked staff if he could post this and I allowed it for several reasons:

1) It's a great reminder of how dangerous knives can be

2) It's a great reminder of how violent people can be with "just a knife". If approached by a desperate person with a pocket knife during a SHTF event you can't underestimate them. Further, how's your personal defense plans and training doing? Lastly a great situational awareness reminder. Who are you letting get within 21' of you?

3) Do you have the emergency medical gear on hand to deal with injuries like these should some crazy set of circumstances unfold during your SHTF event?

4) Doesn't have to be a knife welding maniac. Think how badly a tablesaw or chainsaw can lay you open if you aren't careful. Are you set up to deal with that?

Folks, we have a lot of fun discussions and teasing but I thought Sniper's thread was an excellent reminder of how life can go sideways in an instant. I'm not suggesting we all walk around like paranoid maniacs, but to walk around totally unprepared for life's realities is foolish.

Sniper-T
03-30-2012, 11:51 AM
^
That's exactly what I was thinking Stig, and why I wanted to post this.

Perhaps we can have a followup discussion on a post SHTF treatment plan. and not just at home where we all have a hospitals' stockroom worth of supplies, but how about out somewhere as well, with only a pocket, or backpack first aid kit

S doesn't always HTF when you're most prepared!

GunnerMax
03-30-2012, 10:11 PM
My position is this:

If you pull a weapon on me, you are dead. A knife, axe, gun, whatever. Hell, even if you try and beat the crap out of me (refer to Zimmerman case). If I think I might die, its not going to be me.

Just my thought, and of course, this is dependent on the situation.

izzyscout21
03-30-2012, 10:14 PM
^

Perhaps we can have a followup discussion on a post SHTF treatment plan. and not just at home where we all have a hospitals' stockroom worth of supplies, but how about out somewhere as well, with only a pocket, or backpack first aid kit

I dont think quick clot and super glue would help this one............... Better learn to suture WELL and follow it up with a metric ton of antibiotics.

If you're out and about,

1.)stop the bleeding
2.) Pack that bad boy up with as much gauze, reags, shirts sleeves as possible
3.) wrap it up tight
4.) get home or somewhere else that you have available professional treatment or DIY med supplies

That guys gonna have some wicked scars..........

look how clean the cuts are. That knife was SHARP.

Sniper-T
03-30-2012, 10:47 PM
That guys gonna have some wicked scars..........

Chicks dig scars!

Suture bandages would work for a lot of it (IMO) but those deep cuts will need some internal suturing.

I can see a MAJOR decrease in my stocks of peroxide, as that`s going to need some serious disinfecting!

As far as infections go... I am thinking I really need to find a local source for some Fish-mox.

IDTANDY
03-31-2012, 12:31 AM
Major wound care,lots of drains,hanging a mile of suture.
Lesson learned,never underestimate someone with a knife.

bacpacker
03-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the post Sniper. That really makes me think along lines I really hadn't gave much of any thought to.

Stig/Staff thanks for allowing this one to post. it is nasty, but really gets the point across.

Sniper-T
03-31-2012, 01:03 AM
It was important to me, in that I drive through CORE downtown on my way to work at 0430. not the best of places at the best of times, and not the best of places at that time. Even the cops dont go down there with less than a couple/few cars together at that time.

I typically don't lock my truck anywhere, but after having an unexpected passenger a couple times, I have been. since then, I have had my windows and truck smacked by knives.

I have fought with knives before, and got cut (NOTHING LIKE THE ABOVE), but in a vehicle with a junkie with a knife... this REALLY hit home for me!

Personally I would rather be confronted by a gun, than a knife.

Optimist
03-31-2012, 02:05 AM
Whoever did that damage knew what he was about. And he wasn't about killing, in this case, because the slash wounds were bad, and painful, but there weren't any signs of thrust wounds that I noted. It's been a while since I saw a mess like that one. Hope that is as close as I ever have to get again....

Stg1swret
03-31-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm an ex military LEO. The best way to disarm a person is after they are incappacitated, be they wounded, or dead. Yes, these pictures show you can bring a knife to a gunfight.

realist
03-31-2012, 04:07 AM
If there is one thing that I have learned over the years is that if you get into a knife fight you are going to get cut, not good. Excellent post. On a side note I had a Glock armor class that was taught by Dennis Tueller who came up with the 21 foot rule. He said that they reason for the distance was it was initially a random distance picked on the range. He said the test was conducted with younger officers. That said you need to understand that the distance needs to be farther away as you get older. Knives scare me, I never want to be hacked up.........

GunnerMax
04-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Instead of suturing, I found this alternative, which would "SEEM" to be easier

Amazon.com: Surgical Disposable Sterile Skin Stapler w/Enhanced Control, 35 Preloaded Staples: Everything Else (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OMA99O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&m=A20H05008WJE5O) for $9 its a good deal, in my opinion for 35 staples

msomnipotent
04-01-2012, 01:55 PM

Amazon.com: Surgical Disposable Sterile Skin Stapler w/Enhanced Control, 35 Preloaded Staples: Everything Else (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OMA99O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&m=A20H05008WJE5O) for $9 its a good deal, in my opinion for 35 staples

I have that. It feels a little flimsy, but I haven't had a need to use it yet. The company shipped it right away, though. I already lost the staple remover, too. I should re-order.

patdow1
04-01-2012, 02:55 PM

Thanks for the link! I definatley need to add this handy tool to my medical supply kit.

bacpacker
04-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Nice link Gunner. Anther thing I need. Could be very useful for sure.

Stormfeather
04-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Im only playing devils advocate here, but Ive seen these pics quite a few times before, and they have been circulating around the internet for a while now. Im in no way saying the story is false, but Ive heard that this was a police officer, a military guy, even read it was a drug mule in mexico who was punished for losing his drug payload. Can we get some sort of vetting on the pics to possibly put this to rest? While in the meantime, it does show the extent of knife injuries, some facts do need to be corroborated. As I said, im only playing devils advocate on it. But, to the subject at point, this is a excellent example of what a person can do to another with a knife, and while how heinous the injuries can be, they also show they are survivable. Being in a knife fight, understand the golden rule, you are going to get cut, probably multiple times, its the person who backs down first who will always be the loser. Push the fight, be smart about it, and stick and move! Hopefully you can inflict enough injury to deter the opponent to have them lose al desire to fight, or they just expire.

I think we had a discussion before about these. I actually ordered a ton of them after I received my first order of them. Great idea and they actually work having tried them out on my buddy who cut his hand with a exacto knife!

Grumpy Old Man
04-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Excellent post and topic! Bear in mind that anyone with a weapon coming at you, or even just fist, is potentially your killer if you are a frail old seasoned citizen like me. Also, refer to the suturing thread in the Medical forum. Those wounds are way beyond my meager talents to deal with properly.