PDA

View Full Version : My new tiller

Grumpy Old Man
04-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Well, as I continue my ongoing "War on Gopher Terror" I decided my poor old bones needed a rest from the labor of preparing my beds by hand. So, I got this on an internet special.

Mantis Garden Tools - Mantis 2-Cycle Tiller - Official Site (http://mantis.com/mantis-2-cycle-tiller.asp)

I saved $50.00 and was able to spread the payments out over 4 months. So when it gets here I will do a photo shoot of how I prepare a gopher-proof bed using my new ultra cool Mantis.

Evolver
04-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Looking forward for the reviews. :) I've used they're smaller one probably they're smallest and it was impressive.

bacpacker
04-07-2012, 02:00 AM
You are gonna love that thing Grumpy. They seem very well made and reliable from what I know about them.

A buddy of mine brought his over with some roses he had dug up and let me use it to tear up a spot to plant the roses. It was the smallest one they sell. Anyway the spot was pretty much all red clay and late spring and was very dry that year. I made 3-4 passes and it had tore the spot up pretty nicely. I've been thinking about getting one to use up close to our plants later in the season as a time saver. My big tiller just doesn't work getting up close to plants.

realist
04-08-2012, 06:11 AM
My tiller just took a dump and I have to get it fixed. I have been wanting a Mantis for a couple of years now, I guess this is incentive to get one.

Grumpy Old Man
04-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Mantis does seem to be the best bang for the buck. I'll do a review when it comes in.

Grumpy Old Man
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I just had Christmas in April! The UPS Santa just delivered the Mantis tiller (some assembly required). So now the assembly photos and its maiden voyage photos will be in the works.

Evolver
04-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Looking forward to see the reviews.

Grumpy Old Man
04-17-2012, 05:07 PM
I put it together Sunday. It went quickly and easily. Gonna do some tilling tonight after work. Pics to follow.