PDA

View Full Version : American’s “Arab Spring"

bacpacker
04-07-2012, 03:07 AM
I just ran across this on another site and found it interesting that one of Obummers buddies is leading the way. I've never read this paper before so I really don't know about their reliability, but if it is true it certainly bears watching.

Van Jones group plans American (http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/washington-secrets/2012/04/van-jones-group-plans-american%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Carab-spring%E2%80%9D-revolt/453666)

carly
04-07-2012, 03:27 AM
I don't know anything about that particular paper, but the articles probably accurate. Van Jones was on the morning news shows this week for his book release. There is also a big movement on MoveOn.org based on his book. Move On is a very left leaning organization. I get emails from them because I signed a petition against Monsanto on their sister site Sign On. I received 2 emails about Rebuild the Dream this week.

msomnipotent
04-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I read that and thought I should start keeping a little more cash in the house. Banks may be a target. I really don't see this getting any worse than the last demonstrations, though.

IDTANDY
04-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Here's a little on Mr.Jones.
Van Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones)
An avowed Communist.

bacpacker
04-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I think cash on hand, vehicles kept topped off, and keeping a very close eye on your surrounding when near population centers could be critical. Theres no telling what they might try. If some of the more militant groups get involved, muslim or hispanic, in particular, we could be in for a wild ride.

IDTANDY
04-07-2012, 05:19 PM
:mad: Communists under the gusie of the Greenies.

carly
04-07-2012, 05:39 PM
:mad: Communists under the gusie of the Greenies.

That sums it up pretty good.

ladyhk13
04-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Hmmm. communists, radical muslims on a silent jihad...progressives...yeah, we're screwed.

IDTANDY
04-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Hmmm. communists, radical muslims on a silent jihad...progressives...yeah, we're screwed.

Been going on for a long time..One of my favorites:Young Communist League USA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Communist_League_USA)

Interesting:Solidarity with ?Occupy Wall Street? ยป cpusa (http://cpusa.org/solidarity-with-occupy-wall-street/)

Stg1swret
04-08-2012, 02:27 AM
They make me tremble in my boots, NOT. Bunch of pathetic losers who have nothing better to do then try to tear things down, rather then build them up.

IDTANDY
04-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Anarchists.

The Stig
04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I go back and forth on this.

Part of me thinks this could become a real issue across the country as the temperatures rise and it gets trendy to "join the cause". All it takes is a few real idiots to touch off some major unrest.

The other part of me thinks this will be a passing fad that will end when the first heads are cracked or the pot-heads get tired and go home to nap.

bacpacker
04-09-2012, 12:37 AM
I tend to think that last years version was more of the folks just being there to support a cause. If, and I don't really think this is a huge reach, there have been people ranging from Mexican drug runners, to the new black panthers, to Iranian special forces, to al-quieda, or just pick your variety of radical thug infiltrating or organizing our country. This could spread from crowds gathering in some big cities to include a lot of mid to smaller size towns. I'm hoping I am wrong, but after the hype from stuff like the Trevon Martin incident and many others over the past few months, I just get a bad feeling about this crap getting put up on the national media. It seems the pot just keeps getting stirred and more fuel being added to the fire.

realist
04-09-2012, 01:16 AM
If Obummer get elected they will get away with more and more with the word going out to government workers to stay out of it. That and the government's backhanded approval will do nothing but incite them. I see the poor cities getting poorer with the drain on thier economies having to deal with the unrest. It will just perpetuate the problems of the inter cities. Sooooooooo it might be a nice to to take a drive to see the countryside.

Stg1swret
04-09-2012, 03:40 PM
May be time to stock up on food and ammo. That phone tree we are implementing may also get a tryout sooner then expected. Depending on how ell funded and organized these assholes are, this could just be the prelude to 'Big Government" take over of everything. Am I paranoid know , am I cautious , yes. Prep wisely. Spare cash and a few caches would also be a good idea.

Stg1swret
04-09-2012, 04:37 PM
A heads up for everyone, here is a link to the "99% Spring" Action Training MoveOn.org Civic Action (http://civic.moveon.org/event/events/index.html?action_id=268&id=&search_distance=30&search_zip=19082&submit=Search) I inserted my zip just to see how many training events would be in my area. I found two that were already full and that account for 250 people another that is almost full. Since I live just outside Philadelphia, I can see my summer is going to be interesting to say the least.

ak474u
04-11-2012, 04:20 AM
A heads up for everyone, here is a link to the "99% Spring" Action Training MoveOn.org Civic Action (http://civic.moveon.org/event/events/index.html?action_id=268&id=&search_distance=30&search_zip=19082&submit=Search) I inserted my zip just to see how many training events would be in my area. I found two that were already full and that account for 250 people another that is almost full. Since I live just outside Philadelphia, I can see my summer is going to be interesting to say the least.

5 in my area, almost full. 2 of them are at CWA, and UAW halls. Go figure. With UAW pay, and benefits/retirement, I'd say those guys are part of the top 1% of the 99% The civil war that has quietly raged in our country seems ready to go violent. It'll be a shame really, you always wonder what's really in it for the organizers of these things, and why people are stupid enough to participate... what's in it for them? Do they get a spot at the front of the bread line when they take us down?

ladyhk13
04-11-2012, 05:00 AM
One 28 miles away from me...10 people joined with a 50 person capacity.

IDTANDY
04-11-2012, 03:43 PM
5 in my area, almost full. 2 of them are at CWA, and UAW halls. Go figure. With UAW pay, and benefits/retirement, I'd say those guys are part of the top 1% of the 99% The civil war that has quietly raged in our country seems ready to go violent. It'll be a shame really, you always wonder what's really in it for the organizers of these things, and why people are stupid enough to participate... what's in it for them? Do they get a spot at the front of the bread line when they take us down?

I've never been anti union,they have done great things sadly in the past,the leadership now is as left as you can get.SEIU is one very dangerous group.

"Labor unions have also become the military wing of the democratic party. If the democrats can’t get the public to go along with their agenda peacefully, they dispatch the union thugs to crack some heads."

Read more: The Ugly History Of The SEIU (http://www.thehotjoints.com/2009/08/12/the-ugly-history-of-the-seiu/#ixzz1rkMu5ISo)

bacpacker
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Theres one about 25 miles from me with 7 refgistered out of 200 possible.

Grumpy Old Man
04-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Care to guess how many there are around me and Foulball. 14 within 50 miles of me, 11 sold out with the western ones 99 registrants. Even out here this Saturday's sessions are at 90% capacity. And I live in the reddest county in Kommiefornicastan- solidly Republican. This does not b ode well for this summer. But I expect most action to take place farther west of me. Good time to review your situational awareness.

eagle326
04-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Went to the link and found 2 in Akron which is about 20 miles away. And around 12 total within 84 miles to me.
Could be an interesting summer here in Ohio. ;)

msomnipotent
04-11-2012, 08:02 PM
I am surprised that there are only 9 within 30 miles of me. I'm a bit worried about the one 8 miles from me. It is a painter's union and almost full.

izzyscout21
04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
't know about ya'll, but I am starting to get real tired of all this crap.

IDTANDY
04-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Everyone did you notice the majority of these are being held at UNION HALLS.........:mad:

bacpacker
04-12-2012, 12:36 AM
I've been giving this topic a lot of thought the past few days reading thru everyone's post and the newer info coming in. The stuff below is nothing more than some senario's I've been considering. This is something I had to do for our EmComm group to build exercises from and tend to think like that at times.

I am starting to think that this crap will build and build thru the spring and early summer. Sometime mid to late summer something will kick off SHTF. Just in time for obummer to suspend the election. If it happens too soon, it'll be harder to manage all the way up to election day. Much later and not enough time to get the cause/effect started.

Again just thinking of possible senarios we could be facing. After all the stuff that went on in the mid east last year, I just don't feel real good about this coming summer.

eagle326
04-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I've been giving this topic a lot of thought the past few days reading thru everyone's post and the newer info coming in. The stuff below is nothing more than some senario's I've been considering. This is something I had to do for our EmComm group to build exercises from and tend to think like that at times.

I am starting to think that this crap will build and build thru the spring and early summer. Sometime mid to late summer something will kick off SHTF. Just in time for obummer to suspend the election. If it happens too soon, it'll be harder to manage all the way up to election day. Much later and not enough time to get the cause/effect started.

Again just thinking of possible senarios we could be facing. After all the stuff that went on in the mid east last year, I just don't feel real good about this coming summer.

This is one of the topics I meant to bring up the other day when we were on the phone talking. This is one of the senarios my friend from another state and I converse on a lot. We believe that Big O is looking at a variety of options to stall or suspend the election this year.
As you state ; he'll probably start it out slowly and let it gain momentum while adding fuel to the fire. Just having the W. House as a bully pulpit along with T.V. ; radio ; newspapers ; left wing journalist ;Demo. party ; Soros ; black panthers and many many more including the U.N. ; We believe he thinks he has all his bases covered and the people will tow the line out of fear of reprisal form him or their peers.

We hope and pray we're wrong but the hair on the back of my neck won't lay down.
I just pray that there's enough freedom in all of us to Steel Our Hearts to do the task that may rise before us.

The Stig
04-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Guys we are really starting to veer into the political and somewhat tinfoil aspects of this news story.

Please focus on what you are doing to prepare for it, not the whys and wherefores of what could happen.

Thanks

Grumpy Old Man
04-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Point well taken Stig. We all have our opinions on why, and I am sure you will be surprised that I have a few of my own! That being said, I refer back to my post above about situational awareness. I am always taking stock of my surroundings, especially in places like Wal Mart, shopping malls and even Costco, Home Depot and the like. I tend to shop more at mom and pop hardware stores and locally owned fruit and vegetable stands for my fresh produce (did I mention we're swimming in fresh strawberries right now?). This keeps me acquainted with the local farmers and establishes relationships which may be useful in a time of crisis and shortage.

I also have worked on upgrading my commo setups. GFRS, 2m and eXRS are now in my system as well as nextel from work. Two shortwave setups- Kaito solar powered with 7 NOAA channels, shortwave and AM/FM and my Sony shortwave. I'll be adding a CB soon.

I would also keep some rolls of quarters, dimes and half dollars available as well as paper currency. But mostly, I will be paying attention to the local news to look for indicators of when such protests/marches may occur.

By this time, many of us have our LTS and water etc in place. now is a good time to review and tweak your bug-in/bug-out options and strategies. But most of all, no matter what happens, remain calm and clear headed so that you are in a position to make well-informed decisions. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else can be done.

eagle326
04-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Sorry Stig. Didn't realize it until I re - read my post after you posted. It does tend to veer.
I'll make it a point to proof read before posting so as not to get off topic.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Eagle

Taz Baby
04-12-2012, 10:43 PM
When using theMoveOn.org Civic Action link, I didn't pay any attention to the miles away, the first time I did it. It only said 30 miles. There was just 1 small group. Then I went back and changed the miles to 50 and still only 1 group. But when I changed to to 100 miles it came back a lot. So you might want to check longer miles away than what it is when you first do it.

bacpacker
04-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Stig I apologize for driving off the road last night. It had been a long day of work and a million thoughts running thru my head. Tinfoil was not my intention, although on second read it sure came across that way. The way my brain works is, working out a scenario in a worst case way and try to work thru what my response to it would be. My thoughts on politics sometimes jump up and bite me in the ass.

The way I put this issue to work for planning is along these lines. There potentially could be mass crowds/protests in many various areas. So I am planning which routes or detours to take to avoid these areas. Planning where and when to do certain things such as shopping or visiting family or friends. From looking at the move on website, it appears most of these protest are taking place on weekends, so maybe plan your outings for mid week if possible. If you are traveling out of town, check out that area with the same criteria. Plan your travels around potential problem areas.

Grumpy made a couple of great points in his last post. Situational awareness! Even your best plans can and will go to shit at some point, most likely. The sooner you recognize it happening the better. Keeping plenty of cash on hand can be huge on short notice events. As always don't let your fuel run low, I've been trying to stay above 3/4 and no less than 1/2 a tank.

ladyhk13
04-13-2012, 04:16 AM
I went back and did a 100 mile search and there are 4 of them....one is full (30 people) and all the others have no more than 29 people with a max of 100 seats available. I don't think they have a lot of power in our neck of the woods.

Katrina
04-13-2012, 05:32 AM
Checked my area, only have one max 200 but only 104 signed on. These things tend to center around State Capitol but with what's been going on in Michigan lately and us being about 5-10 minutes down the road from the Capital, I'm concerned it will get ugly. Have checked the plywood stash in garage, believe we have enough. I am on edge right now as 2 weeks ago , deputies woke us up (because DH left bathroom window wide open) to tell us there was someone or somebodies going around looking at the houses with a flashlight in our neighborhood and Our across street neighbor putting trash out about that time told me he told them he saw someone running from side of our house to a pick up down the road from his house. Deputies asked him to describe truck, we don't have streetlights down that street so he couldn't give them anything but it was a dark truck and he couldn't see the person or anything about the truck. It's going to be interesting this summer.

carly
04-13-2012, 11:54 AM
My biggest concern is that my area will share it's resources and be vulnerable when dealing with regular problems. It is not unusual for agencies in my area to send police and fire assisstance to other nearby areas when needed. So far this has worked out well for everyone. However, there are 6 of these "training" events located 75 miles or less from me. This is happening at a time when police and fire call usually increase. My concern is that agencies will become spread thin in dealing with this and then everything will become an issue.

Grumpy Old Man
04-13-2012, 05:16 PM
This may be germane to this discussion. This link allows you to check your location relative to projected trouble spots in more populous areas.

Map of the Dead - Zombie Survival Map (http://www.mapofthedead.com/index.html)