PDA

View Full Version : POTS - go anywhere, do anything...

Sniper-T
04-11-2012, 02:13 AM
I have two "GOTO" pots that I have backpacked around the world, carried on every single camping trip, and swear by, for everything. IF/WHEN shtf, this will be the other pot that I would kill to protect:

Coffee Pot - 24 oz. - Stainless Steel - 1 pc. : GreekInternetMarket.com (http://www.greekinternetmarket.com/1850-02003.html)

I have several, all over 20 years old, and all look as good as new.

Find one, check it out, and you WILL know why I swear by it. It is a SOLID piece of kit! I WILL continue to buy more of them in different sizes... just cause they are awesome!!! SERIOUSLY awesome!!!!

seriously!!

LUNCHBOX
04-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I have a little 5" non-stick skillet that weighs nothing I take hiking/camping and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Needless to say, if you find something that works.....keep it or you'll regret it. (pancakes 3 days into a week long trip is priceless)

Sniper-T
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
My other goto pot is my wok. Exactly like this:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/wok.jpg

I use my machete to pick it up by the handle, it nestles into any campfire nicely, and with a couple of rocks beside it, will stabilize on a grill.

My wife can make amazing fresh blueberry pancakes in it over an open fire!! :eek:

Stormfeather
04-11-2012, 06:31 PM
dont drink coffee. . .its the devil. .

But I do have a small cast iron skillet, big enough for 2 eggs together that I carry with in the bug out gear. I figure if I cant cook it in that, probably wont be eating it til I get somewhere where I can get fully set up.

Sniper-T
04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
The little pot isn't just for coffee, I've made soup in it, pasta, rice, hot chocolate, sauces, reductions, etc. I call it as goto because of it's versatility.

And I'm sitting here quietly drinking my 10th cup of coffee of the day...

bacpacker
04-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Is that work casr iorn? We just bought us one last weekend. I hope to make a big pot of stir fry this weekend. :)

Sniper-T
04-12-2012, 02:46 AM
nope!

cast steel!

msomnipotent
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
The little pot isn't just for coffee, I've made soup in it, pasta, rice, hot chocolate, sauces, reductions, etc. I call it as goto because of it's versatility.

And I'm sitting here quietly drinking my 10th cup of coffee of the day...

If I had 10 cups of coffee, I would be anything but quiet.
But I think I make my coffee really strong. Most people run to the bathroom after drinking a cup of my coffee. Go figure.

Sniper-T
04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Sounds like good coffee!

When I make a pot, my wife pours 1/2 a cup and tops it off with water.

realist
04-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Did some one say POT??? Oh sorry not that type pot. I guess it is back to the kitchen and not the garden..... Sorry my only excuse it I'm from the Left Coast, its medicine isn't it?

Now for cooking my favorite is a big ole black cast iron cooking pot that looks like a dutch oven without the legs. It is just outstanding but that is only for home or car camping. #1 on the bucket list is to get really good with the dutch oven. One accessory that I am going to make is a dutch oven table to cook on, they are great. When I am on foot then whatever is the lightest thing that I have, a Titanium pot. I do pack a coffee pot, with the lid on I conserve heat and it is for soup and tea too, okay hot chocolate too

Stormfreather you are right coffee is evil, then again that is why I drink it. I can stop anytime.......I tried once but.......I just don't want to.......Okay back the the garden......I have a headache since I don't have any coffee............brownies????

Taz Baby
04-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Don't mess with me and my coffee. Although I only drink it in the mornings and not all day

http://opinionsandexpressions.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/garfield-coffee.gif