PDA

View Full Version : The new flashlight.

Taz Baby
04-15-2012, 08:01 PM
I love flashlights, I might be borderline obsessed with them, just like solar anything, I have to have it. Well here is a new flashlight that everyone needs and I am going to have come hell or high water.

Magpul Industries SHOTSHOW 2008 Part 2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D99NHb6B03s)

rentprop1
04-16-2012, 12:32 AM
did you post the wrong link ?? or are you showing us something that is almost 4 years old now ....:confused:

Taz Baby
04-16-2012, 01:54 AM
No just that I like this and I want one. I think it is very neat what it does.

rentprop1
04-16-2012, 03:53 AM
10-4, I thought you put up the wrong link

Daca102090
04-16-2012, 03:54 AM
Red Jacket Firearms did something similar on the show "Sons of Guns"

Stormfeather
04-16-2012, 06:39 AM
If I remember correctly, theres a huge batch of those guns from the late 70's or something like that, before Magpul "came up with the idea" that are still available out there on the market. I will dig thru my stuff and get you a link!

izzyscout21
04-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Red Jacket Firearms did something similar on the show "Sons of Guns"

They just stuffed a MAC-10 and surefire into a ammo can.

I like the Magpul version a lot better. Much, much cleaner.

Taz Baby
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM
anyone know where I can get one of these?

izzyscout21
04-19-2012, 09:48 PM
sorry taz. not going to happen.

as of right now, the weapon is not being produced as far as I know.

IF it were, it would be considered an NFA (National Firearms Act) weapon. Meaning, since it has a barrel under 16 inches and has a stock on it, it is a Short Barreled Rifle. This requires a $200 Tax stamp from the ATF and about a 6-12 month wait time for approval. Also must be transferred through a Class 3 dealer.

That's IF the weapon is ever produced.

Sniper-T
04-19-2012, 10:11 PM
I've been watching those for a few years now. and yeah, I know, not going to happen... but I, like Taz, still want one!!!

Taz Baby
04-19-2012, 10:55 PM

IF it were, it would be considered an NFA (National Firearms Act) weapon. Meaning, since it has a barrel under 16 inches and has a stock on it, it is a Short Barreled Rifle. This requires a $200 Tax stamp from the ATF and about a 6-12 month wait time for approval. Also must be transferred through a Class 3 dealer.

Well shit fire damn I still want one and maybe can make one with a led flashlight and some duct tape and a radio. Help me out Magyver sniper with building one

Sniper-T
04-20-2012, 01:18 AM
assuming that the mayans were incorrect with this too... it'll be at least another year before my machine shop is ready. :(

but... BUT... then!!!! mwahahahahahhaa

Stormfeather
04-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Well shit fire damn I still want one and maybe can make one with a led flashlight and some duct tape and a radio. Help me out Magyver sniper with building one

They are out there, give me a few minutes to find the link for them, its a cruder version thats not so refined, but I know for a fact they are out there. I just have to sort thru a assload of links in my favorites to find them!

Stormfeather
04-20-2012, 05:08 PM

Its not often I would wager that I can tell Izzy. . . "I think your wrong", but this is going to be one of them! :) Just razzing ya Izz! Much love to my fellow Gun Wikipedia Fanatic!

Taz Baby, Ladies and Gentleman. . . Allow me to introduce The UC Submachine Gun . The design as I said was actually from the early 80's, and is actually still available to the public as long as you can own a machine gun in your state (for the low low low price of $12,500!)

So without further adieu. . . . .

Full Auto Classics Unfold (http://fullautoclassics.com/m6_ucunfold.html)

ps, how sad is it that it took me 5 days of sorting thru gun links on my computer to actually find this?

izzyscout21
04-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Its not often I would wager that I can tell Izzy. . . "I think your wrong", but this is going to be one of them! :) Just razzing ya Izz! Much love to my fellow Gun Wikipedia Fanatic!

Taz Baby, Ladies and Gentleman. . . Allow me to introduce The UC Submachine Gun . The design as I said was actually from the early 80's, and is actually still available to the public as long as you can own a machine gun in your state (for the low low low price of $12,500!)

So without further adieu. . . . .

Full Auto Classics Unfold (http://fullautoclassics.com/m6_ucunfold.html)

ps, how sad is it that it took me 5 days of sorting thru gun links on my computer to actually find this?

Right. I've seen that one. But Taz was talking about the MAgpul FMG-9. The FMG-9 isn't on the market and still in prototype stage.

SO.....I was right on the Magpul end. You were correct in there being another arm similar. Everyone wins.

Stormfeather
04-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Ahh, yes, we all win at that point! I knew the guys over at MagPul werent putting the FMG-9 into production, (or are they?) But I was thinking since she couldnt own the FMG-9, she could at least own the firearm that spawned it!

We all win! (except Taz Baby when she shells out $15000.00 for that UC-9) :)

Taz Baby
04-21-2012, 02:21 AM
Ahh, yes, we all win at that point! I knew the guys over at MagPul werent putting the FMG-9 into production, (or are they?) But I was thinking since she couldnt own the FMG-9, she could at least own the firearm that spawned it!

We all win! (except Taz Baby when she shells out $15000.00 for that UC-9) :)
Well that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. I may want it real bad but spending that much on a toy is not practical at this point. I have more expensive things to buy as far as prepping goes. Like building a house and getting everything running off the land, as in wind, solar, water, animals, grain to feed them, pens, ect. If I want to live like "Little House on the Prairie" then I have to spend money to get there. But I really really want that GUN. At this point the needs over power the wants. But one day I will get it because what Taz wants Taz gets sooner or later.

Kutter-0311
04-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Taz Baby, I think you'd be better served by a Sterling SMG. They also fold up nice and small, but have a well-known track record of reliability. There is a guy making new ones here in WI (http://sterlingl2a3.com/ordering-info/), and older ones floating around the market, as well.