PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's head on wreck

eagle326
04-16-2012, 04:46 PM
My daughter's car after being hit almost head on by an SUV. The lady had been drinking and was going to attempt a left hand turn.
She just had new engine and paint job done on it. She's fine except for bruises across chest and right breast from seat belt . Neck and back pain ; but getting better. Happened about 2 weeks ago.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/326eagle/Stephscar1.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/326eagle/Stephscar2.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/326eagle/Stephscar3.jpg
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/326eagle/Stephscar4.jpg

Sniper-T
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
lucky lucky girl!

That could have ended WAAaaayyyyy differently

give her extra hugs!

helomech
04-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Wow so glad she is okay.

eagle326
04-16-2012, 05:19 PM
lucky lucky girl!

That could have ended WAAaaayyyyy differently

give her extra hugs!

You're right Sniper. They said if she had been any faster that she would have probably driven into the driver's door. As it was they had to cut her out . They came in from the passenger side and covered her with a sheet so they could blow the drivers window.
No problem on the extra hugs. :D

IDTANDY
04-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Glad everything turned out ok,WOW.

Taz Baby
04-16-2012, 06:42 PM
OMGosh from seeing that car it is a wonder she isn't worse than what she is. Someone was watching over her that is for sure. Hope she gets better soon. My prayers going out to her on a speedy recovery. Glad she is so so alright.

RedJohn
04-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Man, looking at the car, it could have been a lot worse. I am very glad she made it out. Watch for these lasting pains. Back and neck can bother you for life. I hope you're going after the other driver.

eagle326
04-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Man, looking at the car, it could have been a lot worse. I am very glad she made it out. Watch for these lasting pains. Back and neck can bother you for life. I hope you're going after the other driver.

Yea I told her to make sure all is fair and equitable for her and family. She won't try to take them to the cleaners ; But she'll look out for her health and lost income.

mitunnelrat
04-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Wow. I too am glad she made it out ok, and that it wasn't worse, for her, and for you. That had to be a gut dropping phone call before she had a chance to assure you she was alright.

Twitchy
04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
jesus... that's a hell of a wreck... What were the estimated speeds involved? I'm glad your daughter is okay!

Grumpy Old Man
04-16-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm glad that she was not injured more severely than she was. Just in case you doubted miracles, this is prime evidence the occur. Give your daughter hugs from the colony please.

bacpacker
04-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Glad she's doing ok. Make sure she keeps after the aches and pains. Things sometimes show up later. I've been praying for you all.

My wife has had 2 bad wrecks, one resulted in very similar injuries and included vertigo. The other was a head on that broke her neck. In both cases resulted in law suits, my best advice get a good lawyer. Dealing with the insurance agencies, she'll need it. Probably the sooner the better. This will take quite some time to work itself out.

realist
04-17-2012, 02:31 AM
The Angels were watching over her for sure. I like big cars they usually do better in a wreck. Remember the one with the most lug nuts wins. She is one very lucky girl.

Katrina
04-17-2012, 03:54 AM
realist,
I am so very glad she wasn't hurt worse. Ditto bp's advice,get a good lawyer. my DIL had her car rolled over by semi when she was visiting son 2 in college. Car died so she walked to exit ramp, driver of semi fell asleep at wheel. All that was left of a 1960's caddie was a portion of the right rear passenger side seat. The insurance company baulked at doing anything for her, as they said to go after the trucking company, which seemed strange as in Michigan we have No Fault. It only got settled when she had to get a lawyer and go to court. she wasn't asking for the moon or anything outrageous, just compensation for car and her irretrievable personal items in the smushed car.

msomnipotent
04-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I just saw this. I'm glad she is ok.
I agree with the other posters about getting a lawyer. From experience, I have learned to not trust insurance companies or people that hit my car. CYA!

eagle326
04-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks to all you Ants for your post ; caring and advice.
Daughter is doing fine and is following our advice. So far so good.

Eagle

rice paddy daddy
04-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I just saw this thread. I'm glad your daughter is doing well. The outcome could have been very different.
And good on you for teaching her well - to wear her seat belt!
And to emphsize what someone else said about hidden injuries - my wife was rear ended over 40 years ago and her back was permanantly damaged. She has degenerative disc disease today.