PDA

View Full Version : CRKT Crawford Falcon

mitunnelrat
04-16-2012, 08:44 PM
izzy's review of the minimalist reminded me I had this little beauty tucked away and hadn't said to much about it here. In short, I love this knife. I've had it about 4 years now, and can say I've straight up abused it.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn165/mitunnelrat/682.jpg
Blade length is about 2", with an overall length of roughly 6" The handle scales are made of zytel, and present a thin/ narrow profile. Even with that the design keeps it comfortable to hold and use. It takes an holds an edge very well, and has cut through everything I've put it through - to include trimming several layers of shingles along a shed roof. The tar cleaned right off and it sharpened right back up after that one. I'm not sure if they're visible, but that's what all the scratching is on the blade if they are.

I carried it as an EDC item because I prefer fixed blades over folders (too many sliced knuckles from a SAK as a kid) and eventually lost it because of the one point I definitely dislike about it - the kydex sheath has a J clip for IWB carry, which is a neat concept, but it attaches via a snap button to make it ambidextrous. That snap failed regularly, and I had to check it sometimes to ensure I still had the knife.

In all, I'd say its a great little knife, and worth the price if you can still find them around. Its another one in the $30 and under range.

IDTANDY
04-16-2012, 09:54 PM
CRTK makes a good knife.
My carry blade is a CRTK Hissatsu folder.