PDA

View Full Version : The Colony Saloon and Grill

Grumpy Old Man
05-02-2012, 11:46 PM
I have started a new group-The Colony Saloon and Grill. It is a place to relax and BS in the spirit of friendship and warmth. Everyone is welcome! And we only have one rule: Don't take yourself so damn seriously! Stop by and chat, enjoy your favorite beverage and share your thoughts and recipes. We require respect and civility and a modicum of decorum. Other than that, we only require that you adhere to our only rule.:D

Sniper-T
05-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Barkeeeeeep!!!

Pour me a tall frosty one, that's one dang dusty trail!

whooeeee!

do ya know if anyone in these parts is hirin'?

Sniper-T
05-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Ingenuity at its finest

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r519/bob_64/funny%20pic/Funny-African-People.jpg

mollypup
05-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Who let that stinky dog in???? Ms. O!!! I think I found your dog!

Do you have diet root beer here? I would like an ice cold one! thanks! :)

piranha2
05-03-2012, 02:08 PM
As long as we are here, how about firing up that grill and cook these shrimp. Oh yeah, a cold Bud light also.

Sniper-T
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
hmm, I don't see the owner around... I don't think he'd mind if I used the grill...

Cajun and garlic shrimp po'boys work for you? maybe with a nice light aioli and a side slaw?

piranha2
05-03-2012, 02:20 PM
I will be right over. We will finish before he gets back.

ak474u
05-03-2012, 03:18 PM
I'll take a cold milk in a dirty glass, cause I'm manly like that.

GunnerMax
05-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I could use a beer right now. Freaking dry country :mad:

IDTANDY
05-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Grouper Cheek Poboy and Yuengling Bock.

IDTANDY
05-03-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTdmTd0j1as

:D

Grumpy Old Man
05-03-2012, 04:52 PM
If you all go to the saloon, you may find out the correct way to make the perfect Sazerac!

Grumpy Old Man
05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Well, what are you waiting for, Christmas?

Taz Baby
05-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Howdy fella's!!! How bout a shot o whiskey for a dry mouth, with a beer chaser? Ben hotter than a cow patty on fire out thar. UUM this is a down right nice joint you got here Grumpy. The colony HUH? Well be right back got somin fer ya saloon................... Going out side to fetch a sign from the saddle bag. Here ya go. My contrubution to ya new saloon.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJG00CGjrDSk8n20ujWmiMCo5Ad_FXx Krj1ndO724P8QeJpnFNSA

Sniper-T
05-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I've been slaving away at the grill all day whipping out po'boys. damn straight I'll take a sazerac! Make it a double absinthe with a wormwood stirstick!

Grumpy Old Man
05-03-2012, 06:22 PM
As of right now, only our beloved Stig and myself have bothered to join the Colony Saloon and Grill. Come on in, the water's fine. And the spirits are pretty good too.

Foulball
05-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm in like Flynn!

Evolver
05-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm in!

mitunnelrat
05-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Grumpy. I'll be in just as soon as I can log on with my laptop. Might wanna send invites to the rest of these yahoo's so's they can find the place though... It sounds like they've already been imbibing! :D ;)

IDTANDY
05-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Having s short one,I'm in.

eagle326
05-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I'll be dropping in soon guys. Jack Daniels ; Ezra Williams will be fine.
DAMN!!!! I hope after 39 years I remember how to fly this damn parachute!! May be coming in hot so have the Medicinal shots ready.
AiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirBooooooooooooooooorne!!!!! !!! :p

bacpacker
05-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Well I finally made it into this fine establishment. I'm hopin Eagle don't land on me. :)

Pour me a cold Dos Equis and have me a double (make that a triple) of E & J Select waiting on the side. It's hot and dusty I need something to cut the dust.

Sniper-T
05-04-2012, 12:20 AM
*sniper opens his arms and looks up... waiting for eagle....*

"here Pal, aim here... I gotcha...."

Evolver
05-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Speaking of birds... Today I got shit upon by the blue bird of happiness. Well I might of been just a high flying gull but it did put a smile on my face. Birds got to shit too. :)

mitunnelrat
05-04-2012, 12:47 AM
That damn gull is still flying around down there? It shat on one of my sisters (who we called bird, coincidentally) as she was laying out tanning in your fine state...

...12.5 years ago. Funny to you. Mortifying to a teenage girl at a pool

Twitchy
05-04-2012, 02:12 AM
eagle, you will be fine, you have a resident EMT student to help yee out! hahaha... just don't count on too much help... :o

LUNCHBOX
05-04-2012, 04:39 AM
I couldn't think of too many better ways to pass a day. I'm in.

eagle326
05-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Alrighty guys I'm down. Those damn toggle line things made steering the chute easy with soft landing. Better than the old T-10's.
I brought my trusty Claymore with me. He has the saddle bags with some refreshments with - in.

Barkeep ; Set the house up. This rounds on me.
Claymore ; Go let Barkeep take payment from bags. No he doesn't want to play fetch! Sorry guys he's still a pup at heart.
I like this the place ; it's starting to fill up.

I figure we can pass some time making use of the parachute. :cool:

Vertstang !!!!!!! Put that stuff back in your bag ; I'm okay . I appreciate the offer but I'll pass on being your medical dummy for your test especially knowing you've been tilting a few. ;)

Twitchy
05-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Alrighty guys I'm down. Those damn toggle line things made steering the chute easy with soft landing. Better than the old T-10's.
I brought my trusty Claymore with me. He has the saddle bags with some refreshments with - in.

Barkeep ; Set the house up. This rounds on me.
Claymore ; Go let Barkeep take payment from bags. No he doesn't want to play fetch! Sorry guys he's still a pup at heart.
I like this the place ; it's starting to fill up.

I figure we can pass some time making use of the parachute. :cool:

Vertstang !!!!!!! Put that stuff back in your bag ; I'm okay . I appreciate the offer but I'll pass on being your medical dummy for your test especially knowing you've been tilting a few. ;)

*sighs

Fine.... :rolleyes:

haha... after today i could use a drink :) pour me a mystery!

eagle326
05-04-2012, 08:52 PM
*sighs

Fine.... :rolleyes:

haha... after today i could use a drink :) pour me a mystery!

Barkeep set Verstang up with the bottle and take it out of my bag.

RedJohn
05-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Verstang cannot drink and I don't. Any Iced Tea or Lemonade around?

Stormfeather
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
hmm, I don't see the owner around... I don't think he'd mind if I used the grill...

Cajun and garlic shrimp po'boys work for you? maybe with a nice light aioli and a side slaw?

I miss the dirty south. . . . damn that food was soooo good!

Stormfeather
05-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Well I finally made it into this fine establishment. I'm hopin Eagle don't land on me. :)

Pour me a cold Dos Equis and have me a double (make that a triple) of E & J Select waiting on the side. It's hot and dusty I need something to cut the dust.

E&J. . . as in Erk & Jerk brandy?

Twitchy
05-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Bah, you got me!

Stormfeather
05-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Well, since its the start of the weekend, pour me a good old fashioned Crown Royal straight up!

Waitaminute. . . . wheres the damn bartender? or is this a self serve establishment?

Grumpy Old Man
05-04-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm coming I'm coming! Just hold your taters. I got to get the young Vert and RJ some sweet tea.

bacpacker
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
E&J. . . as in Erk & Jerk brandy?

Yeah something like that Stormy. Actually tonight I need a tall frosty DosEquis and some good fajitas.

Stormfeather
05-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Dang. . . and all I get is jenky ass taco bell and Natural Light beer. . .

Twitchy
05-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah something like that Stormy. Actually tonight I need a tall frosty DosEquis and some good fajitas.

make that a double order of fajitas.... and throw in some seafood while we can!

Stormfeather
05-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Sometimes I hate you coastal people. . .

Sniper-T
05-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Hey all!

Sorry I'm late grumpy, but I just went down the road to pick some fresh Lemons, and ended up talking to a local fisherman. He's stopping by in a bit with some fresh Catfish.

Who want's fresh squeezed Lemonade?

piranha2
05-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Had silver trout for supper. Small, but oh, so yummy.

bacpacker
05-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Lemonade sounds wonderful.

Vert pull you up a seat and we'll throw some shrimp on the fajitas.

mitunnelrat
05-05-2012, 01:12 AM
This is, without a doubt, THE weirdest thread I've run across on here yet...

But save me some of that shrimp. Its great for catching catfish if T's source falls through

bacpacker
05-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Yeah but don't you just love it? This is about as close as we can get to being able to sit around and just bullshit with a bunch of us.

Twitchy
05-05-2012, 01:17 AM
hey im here! pass a lemonade and start the fajitas!

bacpacker
05-05-2012, 01:21 AM
On the grill!

Twitchy
05-05-2012, 01:24 AM
I can smell them cooking already!

I swear to god if you put guacamole on mine you will see my inner demon come out!!!!

bacpacker
05-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Gotta have some guac with the fajitas

Stormfeather
05-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Fajita's without guacamole is like. . . wrong. . . just like. . .

1976 chevy vans parked outside of elementary schools. . . .wrong!
waking up after a 3 day drunk to a woman you dont know with a marriage certificate on the table. . . .wrong!
Getting beat up by a pack of midgets on the Vegas strip. . . .wrong!
Johnny Walker Blue/Green label mixed with cola. . .wrong!
mixing sleeping pills and laxatives at the same time before bed. . . EXTREMELY wrong!

Fajitas without guacamole. . . WRONG!

eagle326
05-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Okay here's the deal. I'm bringing 12 chickens for the grill ; All of them alive.
Now for entertainment and shooting skills we will do the following. Each volunteer shooter gets 2 rounds and must hit said chicken with head shot in order to count at 25 to 50 yds. distance. To be determined by group.

Will rotate shooters until chickens are gone. Oh and we'll keep them moving around just for fun.

What say ye? :D

P.S.
No shotguns

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Okay here's the deal. I'm bringing 12 chickens for the grill ; All of them alive.
Now for entertainment and shooting skills we will do the following. Each volunteer shooter gets 2 rounds and must hit said chicken with head shot in order to count at 25 to 50 yds. distance. To be determined by group.

Will rotate shooters until chickens are gone. Oh and we'll keep them moving around just for fun.

What say ye? :D

P.S.
No shotguns

Yes! With sling shots and ball bearings! Guess I'm a bit late on this one. What? gotta make it challenging right?

Be safe............the night is your friend.

eagle326
05-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes! With sling shots and ball bearings! Guess I'm a bit late on this one. What? gotta make it challenging right?

Be safe............the night is your friend.

Slingshots good. Got one for Xmas ; Left handed one you know. ;)

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Standard or Metric? Ball bearings of course.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Sniper-T
05-05-2012, 03:34 PM
metric of course. only 7 mm bearings allowed!

:cool:

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-05-2012, 05:57 PM
You've seen my kit, all I have are 8's and 9's, just gotta pull them apart. Or we could switch to Bayonets? Keep the same distance?

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

eagle326
05-05-2012, 07:35 PM
You've seen my kit, all I have are 8's and 9's, just gotta pull them apart. Or we could switch to Bayonets? Keep the same distance?

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

Slingshots ; metric bearings and bayonets!! This is gonna be on interesting smack down.

Side bets allowed . :D

Evolver
05-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Slingshots ; metric bearings and bayonets!! This is gonna be on interesting smack down.

Side bets allowed . :D

LOL

Grumpy Old Man
05-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Well, this saloon sure has taken on a life of its own!! Glad you all like it.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Well, this saloon sure has taken on a life of its own!! Glad you all like it.

Shhhhhhh........I this is the secret men's forum, we're all speaking in code. The coals ready yet? Cause I'm ready to try my sling shot skills on them chickens. Top Shot couldn't hold a candle to us guys. Release the chickens! I say old man, could you pass me a ball bearing, #8 please?

Sniper-T
05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
a number 8??? A number 8??? WTF. first up and breaking the rules already? I object, sir!!

Evolver
05-07-2012, 05:29 PM
metric of course. only 7 mm bearings allowed!

:cool:

Rules are rules BR13 :p We better check his weapon to make sure he isn't using a Wrist-Rocket. :p

eagle326
05-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Gents; Backpacker is rounding up the chickens into the corral. It'll be just a few moments more.
Seems some scroundrel put gunpowder in their feed and some Jack Daniels in their water to make for a better contest.

I guess there's nothing like chickens with attitude eehhh. I'll see if I can track said person down. :rolleyes:

BR13 will be up first . Did I mention we have water balloons ; flour sacks ; flaming Bison pies with launcher?

Just putting that out there for you fellas. Okay who took the paint guns.

Let the games begin!!!

IDTANDY
05-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Might want to add flaming blivits.

eagle326
05-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Might want to add flaming blivits.

Sure ; anything thing to keep the boys occupied.

Twitchy
05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Hey! Hold off till im available tomorrow! I'm busy today! :o

Sniper-T
05-07-2012, 09:56 PM
BWRR, if you don't have any 7's, I offer some of mine. Hate for you to miss out on a technicality

eagle326
05-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Hey! Hold off till im available tomorrow! I'm busy today! :o

No problem Stang 86. I got with Backpacker and we decided that 12 chickens wouldn't last long with our motley crew. So we have procured 50 more chickens for the contest. They are in transit and will be fed and watered ;);) and ready by the time you're up for your shoot.

Oh by the way ; We are including the non lethal combat rules for this event. you know ; just the normal boy's out night. :cool:

izzyscout21
05-07-2012, 10:09 PM
can I bring my Bat'leth?

http://ed.toton.org/photos/2006/weapons/a1106b.jpg

IDTANDY
05-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Sling shot and marbles.

Sniper-T
05-07-2012, 10:17 PM
can I bring my Bat'leth?

Ya bugger! I don't think I'll get mine off the plasma table in time. But wait... next get together, I'll have it honed up and ready to go!

got pics of yours?

piranha2
05-08-2012, 12:25 AM
OK, got a new bunch of sugar trout for the grill. Looks like enough for everyone.

eagle326
05-08-2012, 02:00 AM
can I bring my Bat'leth?

Sorry Izzy ; not this game. BUT the next one I have planned includes bears and wild hogs.
The Bat'leth will be one of the permitted weapons of choice. My Bowie knife from Vietnam with 10" blade is also permitted.
If any Ant brother wins the knife contest from the knife post gets to go first as an honor for winning.

His adversaries will be one bear and one wild boar. Side bets allowed.

P.S.
Two primitive weapons allowed ; No firearms. Weapons chosen by Stig ; Sniper ; Stormy.

Twitchy
05-08-2012, 02:37 AM
Sorry Izzy ; not this game. BUT the next one I have planned includes bears and wild hogs.
The Bat'leth will be one of the permitted weapons of choice. My Bowie knife from Vietnam with 10" blade is also permitted.
If any Ant brother wins the knife contest from the knife post gets to go first as an honor for winning.

P.S.
Two primitive weapons allowed ; No firearms. Weapons chosen by Stig ; Sniper ; Stormy.

Boy the way this is going i'm going to be well trained in trauma incidents before i even enter EMT school!!!

eagle326
05-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Boy the way this is going i'm going to be well trained in trauma incidents before i even enter EMT school!!!

We do what we can for our fellow Ants education ; hopefully it's the animals you have to work on . ;)

bacpacker
05-08-2012, 09:44 AM
We do what we can for our fellow Ants education ; hopefully it's the animals you have to work on . ;)

Notice the HOPEFULLY inserted above. Don't sound like Eagle has much faith in us???

:)

Stormfeather
05-08-2012, 10:54 AM

P.S.

2 things right off the bat. . . .

First off. . .anyone seen my bottle of Jack Daniels? I was out wandering around chasing the white buffalo with my buddy Jack. . . and I heard it whisper that someone or something was thirsty. . . . now I cant find my damn bottle of Jack! (btw, I drink Honey Jack for those that want to know!)

And secondly. . . since we are doing primitive weapons for the bears & boars. . .. are trebuchets considered a primitive weapon? If so, Im looking to put together a team! Now. . . where is my damn bottle of Honey Jack and wtf is up with those chickens?

Stormfeather
05-08-2012, 10:56 AM

If you ever stop in at my place, you are almost always guaranteed to be able to practice IV sticks with us!

Stormfeather
05-08-2012, 10:56 AM
can I bring my Bat'leth?

and what the hell is a Bat'leth?

I see a image link but no pic. . .

ETA. . . good god. . . what are you ? Klingon?!?!?!

Sniper-T
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
A Trebuchet is definately a primitive; but I would think it is slight overkill for hunting. Unless you can lure the pig into the basket and launch him into a soup pot?!?

I propose, for a medium range weapon, the Atlatl.

Precision Atlatl & Dart Systems - Atlatl.com - Atlatl Bob - Maker of Authentic Atlatl Systems (http://www.atlatl.com/)

izzyscout21
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
and what the hell is a Bat'leth?

I see a image link but no pic. . .

ETA. . . good god. . . what are you ? Klingon?!?!?!

Nah.......just a nerd that happens to also like weapons............

eagle326
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Notice the HOPEFULLY inserted above. Don't sound like Eagle has much faith in us???

:)

Just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention B.P. you be one sharp cookie. :)

eagle326
05-08-2012, 01:45 PM
2 things right off the bat. . . .

First off. . .anyone seen my bottle of Jack Daniels? I was out wandering around chasing the white buffalo with my buddy Jack. . . and I heard it whisper that someone or something was thirsty. . . . now I cant find my damn bottle of Jack! (btw, I drink Honey Jack for those that want to know!)

And secondly. . . since we are doing primitive weapons for the bears & boars. . .. are trebuchets considered a primitive weapon? If so, Im looking to put together a team! Now. . . where is my damn bottle of Honey Jack and wtf is up with those chickens?

I know nothing!!!

bacpacker
05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Sniper the Atlatyl was exactly what i was thinking using. Maybe fewest attpmts wins? I know its highly doubtful i would hit anything rist shot with that.

Eagle Im about a sharp as a hammer. And about as delicate.

Sniper-T
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
A buddy of mine just made one and is experimenting with different darts. within 2 or three throws he was on the archery target, and has been ever since. They're amazingly easy to get 'decent' with.

I used to make them when I was a kid, and used all our cross country ski poles for darts. could get some wicked distance out of them easy. but there wasn't much to use for targets, so after I embedded all the ski poles into a tree and the side of his shed, my dad burnt my atlatl, with some VERY stern threats about making a new one.
lol.

bacpacker
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
You need to post up some plans for that. I assume you use a hardwood?

Sniper-T
05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Here's a few sites:

Atlatl History and Physics (http://www.tasigh.org/ingenium/atlatl.html)

The Atlatl and Dart: An Ancient Hunting Weapon (http://www.hollowtop.com/atlatlbob.htm)

link to buy stuff:

CustomAtlatlsAndDarts.com :: Custom Atlatls and Darts (http://customatlatlsanddarts.com/darts.html)

Grumpy Old Man
05-08-2012, 05:40 PM
You all do know that we actually have a group called the Colony Saloon and Grill don't you?

Sniper-T
05-08-2012, 05:47 PM
BUt we also need a place to talk about pub business when we're not at the pub; plans to be made for when we are there. lol

IDTANDY
05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
There 's a Stone Age and Primative Arts Festival at Ochlockonee River State Park
Sopchoppy,FL
Ochlockonee River State Park Stone Age and Primitive Arts Festival (http://www.knapfest.com/)
If you're near by its worth going to.This is the first year I havn't taken part.
Event History (http://www.knapfest.com/festival-info/event-history)
I started going in 1998 and taking part in 99 some knapping but mostly bone and shell work.

Grumpy Old Man
05-09-2012, 10:29 PM
A Trebuchet is definately a primitive; but I would think it is slight overkill for hunting. Unless you can lure the pig into the basket and launch him into a soup pot?!?

I propose, for a medium range weapon, the Atlatl.

Precision Atlatl & Dart Systems - Atlatl.com - Atlatl Bob - Maker of Authentic Atlatl Systems (http://www.atlatl.com/)

Thunderbird also makes good atlatls.

Thunderbird Atlatl Catalog (http://www.thunderbirdatlatl.com/catalog/catalog.html?gclid=CNCixJSpu54CFQ0aawod1V7ilw)

Sniper-T
05-10-2012, 12:48 AM
If only my shoulder would move like that again... I could be smacking deer, rabbits, groundhogs, and cats from my back deck hot tub.... *sigh*

gotta start working on throwing left handed again!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-10-2012, 02:12 AM
OK, Taz and her hubby are now gone from our orchard, we all had a good visit. LadyHK and Taz AAR: They are both Evil so we're all going to have deal with that mess. I hope we can get back this here tourneyment. So I gotta stick #7's still? You guys sure are coming up with some funny sounding weapons. But I guess if you say there good I guess there good. I hope I didn't miss anything.

ladyhk13
05-10-2012, 03:40 AM
If only my shoulder would move like that again... I could be smacking deer, rabbits, groundhogs, and cats from my back deck hot tub.... *sigh*

gotta start working on throwing left handed again!

Sniper really hates cats....I think one must have peed on his head when he was little!!!

Sniper-T
05-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Not at all lady, I don't hate them. They taste just like dog.

;)

realist
05-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Hay sorry I'm late I just got back into town, is there still room? I just thought that I would bring in a bottle of Jameson's whiskey and some jambalaya. I find that jambalaya is great drunk food and it appears that there are plenty in this place. The only problem with this theory is that in order for the jambalaya to work you have to stop drinking and it does not appear that that will happen anytime soon..

ladyhk13
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM

;)

Sniper you are making me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

mitunnelrat
05-10-2012, 10:57 PM

;)

Really? I don't often admit this, but dog meat was one of the best "exotic" foods I tried while over in Korea. I'll take it over kimchee any day of the week. I'd actually like to know how they prepare it, just so I could try making coyote the same way.

Evolver
05-11-2012, 12:51 AM

;)

Dang he might be on to something... Normally "they" (the unknowing) will say... It tastes like chicken. :p

ladyhk13
05-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Really? I don't often admit this, but dog meat was one of the best "exotic" foods I tried while over in Korea. I'll take it over kimchee any day of the week. I'd actually like to know how they prepare it, just so I could try making coyote the same way.

hmmmm......winter kimchee or summer kimchee?????? Having had both I may almost have to agree with you if I weren't such an animal lover. ALMOST! *as I look into the most beautiful eyes of my sweet dog that was saved from the side of the road where he and his litter mates were thrown to die*

mitunnelrat
05-11-2012, 01:55 AM
I'd say summer just due to the time of year! lol. All I know is I think it stinks, and doesn't taste too good. As far as dogs, it helps to remember they raise specific breeds for food, and they're nothing like my own best buddy.

IDTANDY
05-11-2012, 01:57 AM

Found this,had it BBQ'd.
Love Kemchee.
Foremost Coyote Hunting: Eating A Coyote (http://www.foremostcoyotehunting.com/2011/02/eating-coyote.html)

ladyhk13
05-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Isn't the winter spicy and the summer mild? It's been so long since I was there that I can't remember. Not my favorite food for sure but there are much worse....like CAT!!!

Twitchy
05-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Somebody pour me something special since RJ isn't around... its been a wild day and i need something to settle the nerves!!! haha :o

ladyhk13
05-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Somebody pour me something special since RJ isn't around... its been a wild day and i need something to settle the nerves!!! haha :o

Ok, here ya go...It's called a Shirley Temple :)

Sniper-T
05-11-2012, 10:50 AM
^
lol. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw V's post. Good call Lady!

V, when you're done that, I'll mix up a nice Rob Roy for ya!

;)

mitunnelrat
05-11-2012, 09:14 PM
A Shirley Temple!? Come on now, don't sissify the boy!

Come on Vert... Idk what a Rob Roy is, but I'd be suspicious of anything Sniper wants you to mix now that he supported that... Other

Here, have a beer. Its a Wurtzburger Hofbrau. Every guy should know how to pick a good beer, and its my opinion the German's have the best. Hope I'm getting you started out right here. But hell, anythings gotta be better than that swill they offered. ;)

izzyscout21
05-11-2012, 10:08 PM
It's okay, Vert. Drink that Shirley Temple. I'll haze it out of you later.

IDTANDY
05-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Have to agree,German Beers
Grew up there my father was stationed.Started in France at Toul-Rosières Air Base.Got there in 58,in 62 to Ramstein AFB,Germany until I graduated and enlisted in 65.
October fest,The burning of the castle in Heidelberg all the local fests.In France and Germany when I wasn't in school I was traveling.My parents had a loose rein on
me and encouraged the travel,besides I spoke French and German.Would spend summers outside if Paris at my grandfathers and had the run of the Metro.Much much fun.

izzyscout21
05-11-2012, 10:27 PM
I remember heidelberg.

Wasn't to far from Vilseck and Grafenwoer, my stomping grounds.

Grumpy Old Man
05-11-2012, 10:32 PM
A rob roy is a jigger of scotch, a splash of sweet vermouth with angostura bitters to taste. Garnish with a maraschino cherry. it would be better with peychaud bitters IMHO.

Sniper-T
05-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Well he is a minor, and we don't want to lose our liquor licence so soon after opening...

the youth version:
A nonalcoholic cocktail or mocktail that references the Rob Roy, though the reference is almost lost in translation is the Roy Rogers. This is a combination of cola and grenadine, and is usually garnished with a cherry.

A real rob roy:
1.5 oz Scotch
0.5 oz Sweet Vermouth
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
1 Maraschino Cherry

from here:

Rob Roy recipe from My Best Cocktails (http://mybestcocktails.com/recipe-127-Rob-Roy.html)

And for the record... I didn't say which one I'd mix for him!

mwahahahahaa

eta: ya beat me to it Grumps!

Grumpy Old Man
05-11-2012, 10:39 PM
The scotch you use better be a blend Sniper! We have strong rules here regarding how single malts may be served.

Sniper-T
05-11-2012, 11:00 PM
personally, I would use scotch to clean toilet bowls! The smell alone would incite projectile vomitus, and what better place to be?

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/nest.gif

Stormfeather
05-11-2012, 11:17 PM
waitaminute. . . we got minors in this bar?

Twitchy
05-11-2012, 11:34 PM
waitaminute. . . we got minors in this bar?

Roger that Stormfeather!

IDTANDY
05-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Last tour overseas was Memmingen,Germany,Bavaria a US Detachment on a German AFB.Germans flew F-104s.We where mainly CAs(AF Security Services).Munitions mechanics and load crews Commonly knowen as BB stackers.I was the IDMT lots of fun 65k from Munich.
AHHHH The Graf ,coldest ,muddiest place in the world.Deployed with USAF Mobile Radar units there.

Sniper-T
05-12-2012, 02:03 AM
I dunno about down there, but up here, a minor can enter a licenced establishment, but cannot order alcohol, or be served alcohol, unless a parent/guardian allows it.

I enjoyed an underage beer (or so) in many rural bars with my dad after hunting, and all he had to say was "he's ok. He's with me."

mitunnelrat
05-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Not so here. Should be, imo, but minors are out of luck, at least as far as drinking with parental consent, and they have to be out of the bar by 9pm in MI. I'm not sure if that holds true in other states.

Twitchy
05-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Not so here. Should be, imo, but minors are out of luck, at least as far as drinking with parental consent, and they have to be out of the bar by 9pm in MI. I'm not sure if that holds true in other states.

yes... got the boot at a restaurant once because it had an attached bar... that bouncer never left the 80's.... still had one helluva mullet...

Taz Baby
05-12-2012, 09:10 PM
(quote by bwrr) OK,LadyHK and Taz AAR: They are both Evil so we're all going to have deal with that mess.

Hey I resemble that!!!!!!! Taz and Lady not EVIL. I'm just naughty.

piranha2
05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Naughty girls are especially welcome.

Taz Baby
05-12-2012, 10:43 PM

I meant that in a good way not bad way. Just cause I am in the saloon doesn't mean I am a saloon kinda girl, :eek:

piranha2
05-12-2012, 10:55 PM
I also meant it in a good way.
You are an ant and welcome. In a good way.

Taz Baby
05-12-2012, 11:22 PM
(Dirt and dust covered from horse throwing me because of a coyote. holster in place and rifle slung over my back)

How about a good stiff drink for a pissed off lady. Dang horse, swear I'ma gonna trade him in for a mule one a these days. At least he knows where his feed is and will be home when I get back.

piranha2
05-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Whats your pleasure? I will mix it for you.

Taz Baby
05-13-2012, 12:28 AM
rot gut whiskey with a splash of lime please

ladyhk13
05-14-2012, 04:42 AM

I'm just bad spoiled rotten.....

ladyhk13
05-14-2012, 04:43 AM
rot gut whiskey with a splash of lime please

I'm a Long Island Iced Tea kind a gal...heavy on the Long Island part please........

Grumpy Old Man
05-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Welcome to our humble tavern Ladies! We are here to serve you as you please! And all the rest of you ragtags, Keep it clean! We have Ladies in the House!

ladyhk13
05-14-2012, 06:14 PM
But we are in a saloon however so keep it fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tompnoid
05-16-2012, 06:50 PM
i need a budweiser and some skynyrd to be fact make that 12 budweisers

tompnoid
05-16-2012, 07:06 PM
some say he sleeps upside down like a bat and his sweat can be used to clean prescious metals all we know is he is called the stig

bacpacker
05-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Here is some newer Skynard for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqKmWslGiac

bacpacker
05-16-2012, 08:34 PM
And an oldie but goodie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs

tompnoid
05-16-2012, 08:45 PM
wish this computer at work let me listen to music thanks though

piranha2
05-16-2012, 09:32 PM
some say he sleeps upside down like a bat and his sweat can be used to clean prescious metals all we know is he is called the stig

Careful, you could end up with a new title besides junior member.. big Brother hears it all.

Grumpy Old Man
05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Dayum Tompnoid! Is that a smallie your holding there?Looks like a good size one. Welcome to the foyer of the Saloon.

tompnoid
05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Careful, you could end up with a new title besides junior member.. big Brother hears it all.

you ever watched top gear???

tompnoid
05-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Dayum Tompnoid! Is that a smallie your holding there?Looks like a good size one. Welcome to the foyer of the Saloon.

i live a 1/4 mile from one of the worlds best bass fisheries i was cat fishing and he just hopped on. my three year old came over and dad your rod is moving i went over and sure enough he was a yanking. had my ugly stick bent in half

piranha2
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Dayumm...I hate it when that happens to my ugly stick.

izzyscout21
05-17-2012, 03:21 AM
Gentlemen...........

Happy hour over at the saloon..........Today's round of drinks is on me....... I also believe there is still a rousing game of darts in progress.........

eagle326
05-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Gentlemen...........

Happy hour over at the saloon..........Today's round of drinks is on me....... I also believe there is still a rousing game of darts in progress.........

We are also discussing Grumpy's upcoming battle with his amberdexterious wrench over in the group section.
That is between the darts and drinks. Figuring out which critter or critters he will face.

Get Ready to Rumble!!! Barkeep another round please. We have serious work here ahead of us. ;)
Thanks for the drink Izzy ; Here's to ya'

tompnoid
05-17-2012, 04:24 PM
hey can i get a three wise man for this hangover

Evolver
05-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Drinks are on me in the Saloon and they'll be ready when you get there. :)

bacpacker
05-19-2012, 12:23 AM
I'll take a Black Russian if you please. Been a rough week and it's about time to kick back. Hope everyone is ready to cool their heels.

izzyscout21
05-19-2012, 12:25 AM
guys....guys....guys..... no drinking in the street!! booze is over in the community----> group section..........

mitunnelrat
05-19-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm working on that. Sunday is a definite, and my boss thinks he needs to see if he can give me Saturday too... You'd think he'd figure out by now that I'll just call in sick if he doesn't approve my vacation request. Its not like they ever have coverage for my site anyway. Lol

Game over. I win.

Evolver
05-19-2012, 12:31 AM
My heels are a Chilln and Woo Friggen Hoo!!! :) TGIF

piranha2
05-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Is Red John a frickin bouncer?

Grumpy Old Man
05-20-2012, 04:02 AM
The Saloon has a new sign courtesy of Evolver! While he didn't say it outright, I believe he thought the weasel was (mis)representing our clientele.LOL. Personally, I can see that when I go fishing I need to have someone responsible to watch over the place and keep you guys out of the street. I'm thinking that paragon of virtue and decorum, Sniper-T!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Is Red John a frickin bouncer?

I guess we must be a pretty rowdy bunch to warrant a bouncer. Us old people can get stubborn when it comes thinkin we are right on all counts, besides, "alcohol make-a-man brave" amongst other things...........

Be safe...............the night is your friend.

Evolver
05-20-2012, 12:47 PM
The Saloon has a new sign courtesy of Evolver! While he didn't say it outright, I believe he thought the weasel was (mis)representing our clientele.LOL. Personally, I can see that when I go fishing I need to have someone responsible to watch over the place and keep you guys out of the street. I'm thinking that paragon of virtue and decorum, Sniper-T!

It looks like I need to do some tweaking on the sign, can't read the Saloon and Grill at the bottom...

Twitchy
05-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Boy this weekend has passed by fast, and I missed the competition... or did i?

piranha2
05-20-2012, 11:43 PM
I missed the sign. And I slipped by Red John and Stig. I think. maybe not.

Sniper-T
05-23-2012, 12:48 PM

Well, thank you Grumpy, Im happy to keep an eye on the place in your absence!

And to help you with the Happy hour rush.

Sniper-T
06-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Theme night tonight everyone. come on down for a drink and a snack!

Evolver
06-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Just got out the shower so I'll put on my fip flops, grab my keys and I'll be right there. Wooo Hooo!!! Party!!!

Sniper-T
06-08-2012, 10:14 PM
k, folks, the band just started their first set, and the hog roast is getting close to ready.

G'damn... I love Fridays!

Cheers!

bacpacker
06-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Unfortunatly everything will be comsumed by the time i get out of here. Have fun .

Sniper-T
06-09-2012, 02:35 AM
BP.. you don't know the way I throw a bash... It doesn't run out, and it doesn't end until the last person eats and drinks their fill.

And... in a couple hours... there is going to be a surprise coming.

"mwahahahaha"

eagle326
06-09-2012, 02:39 AM
Night fire exercises? :cool:

Sniper-T
06-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Well... the weather wasn't condusive for that particular surprise... but just wait, it'll pop up when you least expect it...

Sniper-T
06-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Special drinks are up for the ladies. c'mon down and check it out. should be a perfect evening on the patio!

Grumpy Old Man
06-22-2012, 10:24 PM
I'd just like to point out that the Colony Saloon and Grill is the biggest group here. Kinda tells ya sometin' don't it?

Vodin
06-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Alcohol has its attractions... oh and it makes people more attractive....

Sniper-T
07-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Come one, come all!

Bring your family, bring your friends!

Food, bevies, and fun and games await.

An all day celebration for all.

Drop in the saloon often, or just hang around for the day... games and contests will be taking place all day

Grumpy Old Man
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
A joint celebration of Canada Day and the Fourth! Let Freedom Ring!

eagle326
07-04-2012, 05:34 PM
A joint celebration of Canada Day and the Fourth! Let Freedom Ring!

I whole heartily agree Grumpy.
Now you and Sniper try to not get wild today. :D :p :eek:

LUNCHBOX
07-05-2012, 03:42 AM
Just dropped in to say hi and maybe sip a cold one.

Sniper-T
07-17-2012, 08:10 PM
I swept out the dust, opened some windows, and lined up some music.

Drink specials are on

and a dinner special will be announced shortly

piranha2
07-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Bout time you opened back up. I will take a cold one and an order of whatever you picked out for the special.

Sniper-T
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
tonights special is surf and turf. check out the food menu for details

bacpacker
07-17-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm in surf and turf is always good. A good frosty one with ot. Mmmmm good

Sniper-T
08-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Here we go! After too long of a hiatus, the saloon is cranking up once again for a bash...

check it out here:

http://www.shtfready.com/group.php?gmid=255&do=discuss#gmessage255

LUNCHBOX
09-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Did the city inspector close this place down or what.....the beer is getting warm.

bacpacker
09-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Well LB, I'm hanging out tonight. Here is a cold Corona for you. Drag up a chair and shoot the shit for a while. Maybe somebody else will show up.

LUNCHBOX
09-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Sorry BP, I put my head on the bar and took a nap. Thanks for the Carona.

eagle326
09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Did the city inspector close this place down or what.....the beer is getting warm.

No ; We just had to update some of the saloon after Grumpy & Sniper got done with their games for everyone . :eek:
But I will say those 2 know how to liven up a party. ;)

prepguide
09-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Hello to all! Glad I found this forum, I like what I am seeing.

piranha2
09-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Welcome, prepguide.

Sniper-T
09-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Strange things are afoot in the Saloon...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/mgtownsend/run%20screaming/2633575144.jpg

Grumpy Old Man
09-26-2012, 05:11 PM
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/GrumpyOldMan53/RaeDawnChong.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/GrumpyOldMan53/loverboy1774700-1.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd421/GrumpyOldMan53/bad_day02.jpg

They sure are!

Evolver
09-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Headed over to poke my nose in the door...

bacpacker
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
After seeing the mice, I need a drink.

Evolver
09-27-2012, 12:47 AM
I like what I see Wooo Hooo!!!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Ya'll been drinkin way too much or I've been gone waaaay tooooooo loooooong!

OH, I'll have what he's havin and make it a double.

Sniper-T
09-27-2012, 01:22 AM
need some input, and some volunteers... more details will be forthcoming tomorrow! If you haven't already, head on over and check out the preliminary plans.

Seriously... This is going to be a gooder!

realist
09-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Gooder??? That is the bestiest idea that I have heard. I will be there as soon as I find another drink. I have been told to never volunteer for anything so I am not going to volunteer, I'm just going to help, that don't count.

Evolver
09-27-2012, 04:50 PM
need some input, and some volunteers... more details will be forthcoming tomorrow! If you haven't already, head on over and check out the preliminary plans.

Seriously... This is going to be a gooder!

I'm in wa cha need?

Sniper-T
09-27-2012, 04:53 PM
I'll be posting up some more details in there shortly

but think party tunes, games and potluck. Let's get some meal ideas up

Sniper-T
12-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Poor place almost seems abandoned...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/dbigler/saloon.jpg

might have to do something about that...

Evolver
12-06-2012, 01:39 AM
We should have a moving party and relocate it to the Town Hall area. It would be more visible and would draw and keep patrons. :) Thoughts?

eagle326
12-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Okay ants lets get our asses over to the saloon!!! When Sniper wants a party we need to show up . Just watch out for him. I heard thru the grapevine he's driving a souped up wheel chair with a lift kit. :eek:

Grumpy Old Man
12-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Geez, 'ol Grump takes a leave and y'all let the joint go to hell! I guess I'll help Gimpy, I mean Sniper, get the place back in shape for the Holidays.

eagle326
12-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Geez, 'ol Grump takes a leave and y'all let the joint go to hell! I guess I'll help Gimpy, I mean Sniper, get the place back in shape for the Holidays.

Okay guys and gals. You know what that means when Grumpy says he'll help Sniper. That's right my brethren ; bring your party package and your tools to remodel & repair the joint cause those 2 Boys don't do anything half assed. :eek:

Evolver
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Well... I just finished up building the new ramp up to the Saloon and also installed a lift gate so when T gets his erg to do some wheel chair bar top dancing he can get there. :p Party!!!

Buddychrist
12-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Lol now I'm sucked into another thread again!!!

Baileys, Chocolate ice cream, and a little milk, puréed in the blender and make it a man sized glass please!

Sniper-T
12-07-2012, 12:44 PM
you want a man sized glass of a lady's drink?

:rolleyes:

lol

Buddychrist
12-07-2012, 01:01 PM
you want a man sized glass of a lady's drink?

:rolleyes:

lol

My crocs are size 13 and the water from my knee can quench your thirst!

Nah man it's actually really good and you don't get drunk its just a nice relaxing drink to have with friends by an open fire! Beats egg nog anyday!

Sniper-T
12-07-2012, 01:10 PM
for those unaware, the saloon can be found here: http://www.shtfready.com/group.php?groupid=11

Join on up and c'mon in!

Buddy, do you want a pretty little umbrella or twisty straw in that?
;)

Buddychrist
12-07-2012, 01:22 PM
for those unaware, the saloon can be found here: http://www.shtfready.com/group.php?groupid=11

Join on up and c'mon in!

Buddy, do you want a pretty little umbrella or twisty straw in that?
;)

http://i.imgur.com/fLtdn.png

Ill give you an umbrella buddy! When I'm not wanting a relaxed drink I stick to makers mark or Yager.

What is it pick on Buddychrist week? Lmao I knew I shoulda never posted that picture of me in crocs standing on a snake.

bacpacker
12-07-2012, 01:39 PM
No worries Buddy. Yoir time won't last long. Some one is always steppin in shit around here.
;)

Sniper-T
12-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Now that ^ I like!

Sorry man, I just couldn't get over the visual of you in crocs sipping a chick-drink

I'll be nice!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/patisblog/angel2.jpg

hmmm... I think that

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/LadyFire/Smileys/devil_w_halo.gif

might be a little more appropriate.

lol

Buddychrist
12-07-2012, 02:17 PM
No worries Buddy. Yoir time won't last long. Some one is always steppin in shit around here.
;)

Lmao it's all in good fun I know! I'm just playin around!

LUNCHBOX
02-08-2014, 01:56 AM
I could use a hot chocolate.

bacpacker
02-08-2014, 02:12 AM
I was thinking of Ice cream!

izzyscout21
02-08-2014, 02:47 AM
With booze?

bacpacker
02-08-2014, 02:50 AM
Of course!

eagle326
02-08-2014, 02:08 PM
With booze?

Got some Evan Williams for front porch sittin' and jawin' :p

greg48
02-09-2014, 01:43 AM
I don't drink, if the coffee pot is on, I will stop in. Here of late with this fine winter we are having, I been drinking hot cider from the Keurig.

bacpacker
02-09-2014, 01:47 AM
Hot cider is great. I also like Hot Chai tea. Very tasty.

LUNCHBOX
02-14-2014, 01:53 AM
40 degrees today, time for a cold one.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-14-2014, 03:05 AM
Bar's been closed for along time, I'll take a shot of Stoli's from the snow if you please kind sir. My snow's bout melted here.

izzyscout21
02-14-2014, 03:33 AM
I don't drink, if the coffee pot is on, I will stop in. Here of late with this fine winter we are having, I been drinking hot cider from the Keurig.

Its cool Greg, us 11 series guys need a DD about 90% of the time.

Barkeep! Your finest scotch please.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-14-2014, 12:39 PM

I respect that, I quit "pounding" when I retired from the service. Now it's more of a social thing. Every now and then I'll have a drink when friends come over. My "steaming" days are pretty much over. Don't have a use for it like I did back then, some of you know what I mean. I'm happy about that............

greg48
02-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Bacpacker; I had a chance to drink alot of chai with the locals during my first OIF trip, I enjoyed those. Got to talk with alot of local Iraqis, many were Veterans of the war with Iran, some spoke good english, some broken, some of those Veterans I enjoyed talking with.

Gunfixr
02-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Its cool Greg, us 11 series guys need a DD about 90% of the time.

Barkeep! Your finest scotch please.

I have some Balvenie Doublewood 12yr.

Will that do?

izzyscout21
02-23-2014, 02:37 PM
I have some Balvenie Doublewood 12yr.

Will that do?

Absolutely

Sniper-T
05-22-2014, 02:16 PM
OK Folks...

It is Spring, and I just spent the last two days cleaning the dust bunnies and the cob webs from the saloon.

Party this weekend, all weekend long!

On me!

Details are posted in the saloon, so stop on by for a drink (alcoholic or not).

eagle326
05-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Bring tool belts!!!

bacpacker
05-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Oh shit! Sounds like trouble to me. I hope to be there.

eagle326
05-22-2014, 04:22 PM
You know what always happens B.P. when Sniper & Grumpy get together. :D

bacpacker
05-22-2014, 08:18 PM
That's always a good time.