PDA

View Full Version : “Doomsday Prepper” Has Guns Confiscated

RedJohn
05-29-2012, 02:48 PM
“Doomsday Prepper” David Sarti Has Guns Confiscated After Being Declared “Mentally Defective” | Survivalist (http://survivalist.com/doomsday-prepper-has-guns-confiscate.html)

David Sarti, best known for his prepper videos on You Tube was declared a "Mental Defective" by the state of Tennessee just days after appearing on the National Geographic show: "Doomsday Preppers". As a result of this judgement, the state has revoked his permit to carry and confiscated all of his firearms.

Sarti found himself forcibly railroaded into "hospital observation" and psychiatric evaluation by the county Sheriff, after his doctor apparently got concerned that he was contemplating suicide (despite Sarti's repeated assertions to the contrary, based on his religious beliefs). That's unlawful detainment in my book.

Soon after being released from the hospital, Mr. Sarti received a letter from the state of Tennessee declaring him a "mental defective" and was informed that he had lost his "privilege" to carry and own firearms.

This should come as a big warning to preppers everywhere. If the PTB wants to take your guns away and make an example of you, they'll contrive any way to do so and act like they're doing it for your own good... Just another one of the dangers of a "nanny state" government.

I've seen several of David Sarti's videos over the past year or so. Is he a a "colorful" or "off-beat" charater? Sure he is. But I don't think he's a danger to anybody.

In the video posted below, David Sarti explains the events that led up to his forced hospital incarceration and the subsequent loss of his Second Amendment Rights. I've also included his segment on the show "Doomsday Preppers".

http://youtu.be/nUv9pjxq5QI

Evolver
05-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Our government at it's finest ^^^^

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1203/gun-control-guncontrol-obama-dictators-politics-1330714217.jpg

Evolver
05-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Another thing that I have to say is... Even a "criminal" has the right to bare arms. It's what the armed do with they're arm's is the issue not what they (MIGHT) do.

izzyscout21
05-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Dept of Veteran's Affairs tried to pull this stunt with me.

I personally know of another member here who was denied his Tennessee Handgun Permit simply because he had been "evaluated" for PTSD while in the Army. Note I said, "evaluated", not diagnosed.

Twitchy
05-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Tn. would be one of the last states I would expect to resort to this type of behavior...

bacpacker
05-31-2012, 01:00 AM
That crap goes on everywhere. If there are politicians involved shit like this WILL happen.

ladyhk13
05-31-2012, 04:16 AM
I think that must be a case by case situation on the PTSD thing. It does not automatically disqualify a person nor does it send up a "flag" when getting CCP or purchasing guns

mitunnelrat
05-31-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm not doing this to bust anyone's balls, and government misconduct is a good way to get me heated, but lets try not to make this a lib/ conservative, Dem/ Rep thing please. Misconduct occurs at every level of government within any combination you can make of the 4 groups I just identified. Lets keep it apolitical, please.

On a more personal note, I hope Mr. Sarti and the member izzy mentioned are able to get their rights restored. This IS just wrong.

bacpacker
06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I agree MIT. Politicians of every strip push crap thru that is just wrong. It doesn't matter what flavor or party they are. Just different sides of the same coin!

I certainly hope both those folks situation are resolved in their favor as they should be.

tompnoid
06-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Not gonna lie i am a bit weirded out by all this zombie nonsense add to that the tornado watch and the power going out. i am a bit concerned think i am gonna keep mine off safety loaded by the bedside let them come try me that buck shot will ring out

mitunnelrat
06-02-2012, 02:21 AM
That's usually when its time to step back, quit following the news, and decompress for a bit, Tom. I'd highly recommend a camping trip or some time spent unplugged and fishing from personal experience. It took some time to figure it out, but I eventually realized if something shtf related is going to affect me, people or events will tell me before the evening news, internet, or paper can.