PDA

View Full Version : Did a little shopping

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Went to Giga Parts the other day, and for the life of me started suffering from CRS "Can't Remember Shit". I forgot what exactly I wanted as in what model power supply I wanted to get. Special thanks goes out to Izzy and Packpacker. Izzy provided the comm +link and Packpacker provided the intell. So just to follow up from the other day. Here's what I picked up.

Alinco DM-330 32A switching power supply
10 pack of power pole connectors
Coax jumper for my Yaesu FT-60 so I'll have the ability to plug it into the tower.
Two position antenna switch. Spin that around and use that to switch the antenna between radios?
All total about $268.......

That about did it, a few more things and I can go into assembly mode. So now I'll need wire, antenna?????, Hand or table Mike, I think that should put me on the air. But have no clue on what to do for antenna. Thanks again for your help the other day guys.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

bacpacker
06-02-2012, 03:07 AM
Glad I could help out a little. You made a nice haul on the gear. You also got a good price for all the stuff you picked up.

I will try and find some links that have some antenna designs listed. Some have very specific instructions.