PDA

View Full Version : You have to leave the house right now

The Stig
06-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Chemical spill, fast moving forest fire, whatever.

You have to leave and will be gone for a week.

Where are you going?

What route will you take to get there?

What supplies are you taking with you?

I'm not asking for specific answers...these are rhetorical questions. Do you know the answers to them? Can you answer them as soon as you read the question?

Discuss.....

Sniper-T
06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
yep. Was on Evac notice 3 times this spring for fires. got everything nec. close at hand, and ready to go.

Echo2
06-14-2012, 12:59 PM
leave....goto BOL.....wait for all clear.

The house would go on lock down.....but I have everything I need at BOL.

helomech
06-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Forest fire no big deal. Area around house is clear of material, I got water to wet things down. Load things that can't be replaced (like my guns and ammo) in truck just in case I have to leave. Since it is an isolated incident everything else can burn or get destroyed, will replace with insurance money. Drive to closest hotel and relax.

Grumpy Old Man
06-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Short term, I go to my buddy's ranchette about 12 miles away. I know all the back ways in. I already have stuff there and can stay in his trailer. Long term hook up the equipment trailer and head to the BOL.

rentprop1
06-14-2012, 05:08 PM
I practice this weekly and fail everytime, currently working about 2 hours from home and staying in a temp apt, I have to pack clothes for the week, gym clothes, dog and all dogs stuff, my ccw, a back up rifle or just in case I have time to go to the range, my GHB stays in my vehicle , but I always need to move it based on where the dog will need to ride, so he doent eff it up

Anyways back to the scenerio, I try and grab what I need as fast as I can to practice, I then try and secure my home, but always find I forget something important or have to double check a locked door or something, all I can say is if I had to do it in real life, I would probably not grab something I despirately need or forget to secure some door or window....

tc556guy
06-14-2012, 07:29 PM
How big is the affected area?
My family will probably be going to my sister-in-laws place in PA.
if the affected area is bigger than that, to my brother in NC.

Me, I am stuck at work for the duration.

tompnoid
06-14-2012, 08:10 PM
this happens alot gotta roll for a week due to some flooding or some nonsense head to pops for a week hang out drink beer life continues taking enough for 3 days for all of us my hammers because you don't want looters to get these things anything else insurace will replace. route like 6 miles south i 81

tompnoid
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
i mean short term i think all of us have had to deal with time to time. the part that we all have that little bit of fear about is long term. i mean we can fight a forrest fire with controlled burns and water i live a mile from the susquehanna river it floods every 20 years like badly in 72 it was agnes last year ivan hit us and bridges get knocked down homes are lost. i am behind the mountains so we never get wet but we may be stuck for a few days due to flooded out roads. i am cool my truck goes through anythinghttp://z.about.com/d/4wheeldrive/1/7/S/r/Marve2079.jpg
so i am saying in reality what are we prepping for may be a little diffrent we have never had forrest fire too much water here. i am thinking nation or world wide event.

Gunfixr
06-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Don't have anywhere to go.
It'll be make or break right here, I suppose.

realist
06-17-2012, 12:59 AM
I can load the truck with prepackaged equipment in about 10 minutes, most of the equipment is already packed in it anyway. Grab the dog and haul ass, I have five ways I can go for the evac. BOL is 2 hours away if necessary. Although I would much rather get good meals at my sister's place that is 2 1/2 hours away and is much more comfortable.