PDA

View Full Version : This was a little close for comfort... Bombing 1 mile from home today

ak474u
06-19-2012, 04:40 AM
Injured man still critical after Plano neighborhood blast | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth (http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Plano-police-Injured-man-may-have-played-role-in-gas--159415965.html)

Apparently, some guy, (described as a man in his 20s of "Asian Descent" before the FBI had a chance to shush the radio stations) tried to blow up a natural gas pressure reduction station near me early this a.m. His device either went off while he was planting it, or before he could get clear. No damage to the gas facility, but he may not make it. He claims he was jogging, and got hit by a car, but FBI says story doesn't add up. Neighbors aided him while medics responded, apparently there was a lot of shrapnel in a fence nearby, and him, story still developing. This was right at 1 mile from me, glad he didn't set it off at Wally world, or the mall up the street.

GunnerMax
06-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Im glad you are safe

bacpacker
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Glad it was that far away from you guys. And that you weren't around at the time.
I wonder if this will get any air time and where it leads to?

Sniper-T
06-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Yikes!

A little close for comfort. I've seen a few Gas line explosions, and they're not pretty.

A pressure station? That would be really bad!

I hope the guy makes it, and can answer some questions!!

Glad you're safe

T.

ak474u
06-19-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm thinking this may be a case more of an unstable person than a terrorist thing, but where this happened is a very popular jogging route, there are 2 country clubs right there, so it could be an anti 1%er thing, I've nearly crashed a few times over there rubbernecking at the "talent" that jogs up and down that road, glad none of the soccer moms got blown up. One of my neighbors was an amateur arsonist when I was a kid, he got caught for setting garbage can fires in our high school just because he liked fire, so this dude may not be a terrorist, but I'd love to hear what the motivation was.

Grumpy Old Man
06-19-2012, 04:29 PM
It's going to be a long hot summer!Situational awareness is the order of the day. Watch your topknot and keep your eyes on the ridgeline.

bacpacker
06-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Grumpy I have had that feeling since late winter. I'm just trying to figure out which shoe is gonna drop first. Or should I say combination.

Grumpy Old Man
06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
BP, I was in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago. I was in a hotel about 8 blocks from the Inner Harbor. I was told not to walk there but if I was going take a cab both ways and be extra careful walking around down there. Needless to say, I didn't go.

Even out here in the desert, I get that eerie feeling that something is going to shake up my world very soon.

eagle326
06-19-2012, 06:39 PM
BP, I was in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago. I was in a hotel about 8 blocks from the Inner Harbor. I was told not to walk there but if I was going take a cab both ways and be extra careful walking around down there. Needless to say, I didn't go.

Even out here in the desert, I get that eerie feeling that something is going to shake up my world very soon.

Probably that 1500 pd. blue fin tuna you're gonna hook next time you go fishing.