PDA

View Full Version : Road Conditions where you live at

hank2222
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Here in Az where i live and work most of the roads i drive on are old fashion dirt roads where i live .I start from my house to work on a a dirt road then it a gravel and dirt road then it turns to a paved road once you hit the major highway going into town .

Alot of people are suprised to find out that alot of the old road system here in Az is still dirt roads that are leveled as it need to make it drivable as it needed once you get off the major roads in the state .The major of the back county roads are a single two lane blacktop road with side dirt road entances that goes back to people house out here in the area where i live .

You can tell a old timer around when you see there car with truck tires on them instead of regular tires to handle the diff road conditions we have here in the state

Sniper-T
06-20-2012, 07:16 PM
It is essentially the same around here. I live on gravel/mud roads that become a soupy mess with rain, the major highways are 4 lane divided, all secondaries are up to 2 lanes blacktop. almost everything else is gravel or dirt.

My truck is a perpetual state of dust.

helomech
06-20-2012, 07:36 PM
You can travel all over my area on either pavement or dirt roads. I have 4 miles of red iron ore dirt road before I get on pavement. The red dirt roads feel like slushy ice when it rains.

Gunfixr
06-21-2012, 03:03 AM
All our roads are paved.

With idiots who cannot drive............................................. ...

realist
06-21-2012, 04:36 AM
You do not have all the idiots, we have our share tooooooooooooo

Twitchy
06-21-2012, 07:03 AM
oh please... You can't whine about bad drivers until you come to Florida... it seems at least 1 out of 2 drivers is prehistoric in age, probably walked with dinosaurs, and drives about as fast a turtle walks, in the fast lane... they are everywhere...

bacpacker
06-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Our roads are mostly paved. And we have our share of idiots to. On top of that the mountians are a big tourist destination, so we get a fair sampling of everyone elses idiots as well. Makes for an interesting mix.

realist
06-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Regarding road conditions........ We are in California where everything is paved......... Well our county does not know how to balance its books, so they have decided to let some roads go back to gravel and fix only the main roads. Well that sounds like a good idea, triage. Well almost, they now have just juggled to books so that they can fix several roads to the tune of 8 million dollars. These are roads that are mainly traveled by tourists to scenic locations. So while the tourist can drive to a nice scenic spot, on a nice smooth road, my road to my home gets to fall in disrepair. But don't worry I will still be paying for them, so when you come to visit and want to see pretty things you will still be able to get to those locations, your welcome.