PDA

View Full Version : Seed swap

Sniper-T
06-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Some one mentioned in another thread(Onestep) about having some surplus seeds, and a willingness to send some out. Anyone else?

I haven't finished my inventory since I just finished planting, but I will and will post what I have a surplus of.

It might be interesting to get some stuff that may not be available locally, but might grow anyways.

How does packages of 12 seeds sound?

Thoughts?

Personally, I'd be interested in some Okra (being 1000+ miles North of the South, it is oddly not available here! - lol )

helomech
06-21-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't have a lot right now, but am willing to swap what I do have. Will have lots of seeds eventually.

Onestep
06-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Sniper, I can cover you on the okra seeds.

I've also got quite a few from this year's harvest if any of these strike your fancy.

Costa Rican Sweet peppers
Big Daddy Sweet peppers
Black eyed peas
Zipper peas
Texas cream peas
Black beans
Jackson Wonder lima beans
Soybeans

I also have some Victory seeds that I've decided not to try and grow any longer down here as my success rate has been...well...lets just say less than stellar.:p

Let me know which ones you'd like and I'll mail them to ya.

Sniper-T
06-21-2012, 03:25 PM
It's still not too late to get a couple things in the ground, so I'd love to try some Okra, those Zipper Peas look pretty cool, and maybe some black beans???

I'll PM my address.

Onestep
06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
You got it Sniper.

eagle326
06-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Sniper, I can cover you on the okra seeds.

I've also got quite a few from this year's harvest if any of these strike your fancy.

Costa Rican Sweet peppers
Big Daddy Sweet peppers
Black eyed peas
Zipper peas
Texas cream peas
Black beans
Jackson Wonder lima beans
Soybeans

I also have some Victory seeds that I've decided not to try and grow any longer down here as my success rate has been...well...lets just say less than stellar.:p

Let me know which ones you'd like and I'll mail them to ya.

This is an example of what makes this colony so damn great.:D

bacpacker
06-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Sniper i have some hierloom okra thats been in my family for at least 3 generations if your interested. I also may have some watermelons left back and definately some fiesta peppers. They are spicy sweet peppers. I really liked them.

Taz Baby
06-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Farmers have been swapping seeds for as long as there was a seed. This is a great idea to start doing here. Neighbors and family farmers unighting together. Y even if you are not close. I just started and not yet have seeds from my plants. I just picked my first cucumbers today. But I do have a few extra heirloom seeds I have not planted in veggies, cooking herbs, medicine herbs, flowers, and I am making dry herbs. If anyone wants something tell me what you are looking for and I,ll see if I have it. I grow herbs for medicine so I have tons of seeds there.

Taz Baby
06-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I forgot I have cantalope and mung bean seeds from last year if anyone wants some.

Sniper-T
06-22-2012, 01:08 AM
wow! exactly! I dont knowifI can grow stufff.... but I want to try. I'll have a list of stuff that I do grow, that might not be available down south. like Okra, up here.

This is an awesome trade opportunity, to get heirlooms across country.

:) <-- me!!!!

Taz... I'd love to try to grow mungs...

bacpacker
06-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Sniper do you have any cold weather hardy tomato's? I've been looking at:

Garden Seed | Vegetable Garden Seed | Garden Seed Catalog | Garden Seed Company | Totally Tomatoes (http://www.totallytomato.com/)

for some varieties. It would be nice to have a known quality.

PM sent back also.

Taz Baby
06-22-2012, 02:38 AM
sniper I will send you some mung beans, but I will let everyone know now, Do your homework on them. I learned the hardway. they go to seed fast, I had 2 40 ft.rows of them and I picked then twice a day for 2 weeks. they still went to seed. 1 bush makes a lot of beans and once they start getting ready they go fast. Plus it takes a lot of them to make enough to eat at 1 meal because they are small. They are very good for ya. better than pinto beans.

Mung Beans - Natural Therapy Pages (http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/article/mung_beans)

Mung beans nutritional value | SteadyHealth.com (http://ic.steadyhealth.com/mung_beans_nutritional_value.html)

Sniper-T
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
The only 'cold tolerant' tomatoes are the hybrids, which of course aren't heirloom. Catch 22. There are some heirlooms that do better than others in colder weather, and yes, I have some left over. I need to do an inventory this weekend, as I am also looking to put in an order for next year, so I'll post what I have surpluses of, if anyone wants anything.

Sounds great Taz!

Onestep
06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Sniper, seeds going out today USeless mail.
Let me know if/when you get them.

Sniper-T
06-22-2012, 12:51 PM
You optimist you! lol

and thanks

bacpacker
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Sniper i found some seed a few years back from russia and some other northern countries. Just never have tried them. My dad has put up a small greenhouse and is wanting to try tomatos into the winter. I'll let you know what i find.

Sniper-T
06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Here's a link to the place I buy my seeds from. If there is anything that strikes your fancy, let me know and I can add it to my next order (in a couple weeks)

Heirloom Tomatoes - Index (http://heritageharvestseed.com/tomatoesmain.html)

bacpacker
06-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Taz, Sniper, if I don't get hung up at work tomorrow, I will be stopping by the post office to get your seed on the way.

Sniper-T
06-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I haven't done my inventory yet, but it is coming...

JustAPrepper
07-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm in for a seed swap!

Before you check out my list let me say this...

I researched every single seed, to the best of my ability, to be tolerant for our climate (Florida) and selected each and every one of them based on what information I found (with the exception of a few really cool things that I just wanted to try growing for the hell of it.) That said, I was looking for seeds that could tolerate heat, humidity, drought and/or disease. I have a MONSTER spreadsheet with as much information as I could gather on each seed so if you see something you want I'll let you know what kind of growing conditions it prefers or what it's characteristics are so you know what you're getting. You will see duplicates in my list...that's because at one time I was ordering from two different sources...Heirloom Seeds and Baker Creek and I keep them listed separately. I now order exclusively from Baker Creek. I have nothing concrete against Heirloom Seeds except their corn. While I understand corn is a very hard thing to keep "pure" I did get some seed that had been "crossed" so now I'm a little skeptical of their purity standards. Again, that said, if you just want to throw a few seeds in the ground to see if the plant will grow and produce, Heirloom Seeds is fine (I just started some of their seeds today so I'm still using them), I just don't trust their stock as a seed saving agent. If the plant grows and produces then make the investment to purchase seeds from a more reputable source like Baker Creek or Victory and save seeds from those plants. On the other hand, I also got bug infested corn seed from Baker Creek. The bugs infested my entire stock of corn seeds last fall and every packet ended up in the trash, crawling with critters so either way, if you see something on my list you want I'll let you know the source just so you'll know.

Lastly, I can't guarantee 12 seeds per pack. Many of my seeds only come 12-25 per pack in the first place and many of them have been opened and tried so my quantities may be severely limited. However, I promise to be generous where I can.

Oh, and forgive the All Caps...that's how my spreadsheet is and I'm doing a Copy/Paste.:p

ASIAN BEAN ASIAN WINGED
GREEN BEANS BLUE LAKE
GREEN BEANS BLUE LAKE - BUSH
GREEN BEANS BLUE LAKE - BUSH
GREEN BEANS CHEROKEE WAX
GREEN BEANS CONTENDER - BUSH
GREEN BEANS MCCASLAN 42
GREEN BEANS MCCASLAN 42
GREEN BEANS OLD HOMESTEAD
GREEN BEANS OLD HOMESTEAD
GREEN BEANS PROVIDER - BUSH
GREEN BEANS TENDERETTE - BUSH
GREEN BEANS PURPLE PODDED POLE
DRY BEANS DARK RED KIDNEY
DRY BEANS PINTO
LIMA BEANS CHRISTMAS LARGE SPECKLED - POLE
LIMA BEANS DIXIE SPECKLED BUTTERBEAN - BUSH
LIMA BEANS FORDHOOK - BUSH
LIMA BEANS HENDERSON - BUSH
LIMA BEANS JACKSON WONDER - BUSH
LONG BEAN RED SEEDED ASPARAGUS
LONG BEAN THAI #2 RED SEEDED
GARDEN PEA BLUE PODDED BLAUWSCHOKKER
GARDEN PEA LAXTON'S PROGRESS
GARDEN PEA LINCOLN
SNOW PEA SUGAR ANN SNOW PEA
SNOW PEA WANDO
SUGAR SNAP PEA OREGON SUGAR
SUGAR SNAP PEA SUGAR SNAP
COW PEAS CALIFORNIA BLACK EYE
COW PEAS CALIFORNIA BLACK EYE
COW PEAS PURPLE HULL PINK EYE
COW PEAS PURPLE HULL PINK EYE
COW PEAS RUNNING CONCH
BEETS ALBINO
BEETS CHIOGGIA
BEETS DETROIT DARK RED
BEETS EARLY WONDER
BEETS GOLDEN
BEETS GOLDEN
BROCCOLI ATLANTIC
BROCCOLI WALTHAM 29
BROCCOLI WALTHAM 29
BROCCOLI CALABRESE GREEN SPROUTING
BROCCOLI ROMANESCO ITALIA
CABBAGE CHARLESTON WAKEFIELD
CABBAGE HENDERSON'S CHARLESTON WAKEFIELD
CABBAGE LATE FLAT DUTCH
CABBAGE RED ACRE
CABBAGE EARLY JERSEY WAKEFIELD
SPINACH BLOOMSDALE LONGSTANDING
SPINACH NEW ZEALAND
SPINACH RED MALABAR
RUTABAGA AMERICAN PURPLE TOP
RUTABAGA AMERICAN PURPLE TOP
RUTABAGA LAURENTAIN
TURNIPS PURPLE TOP WHITE GLOBE
TURNIPS PURPLE TOP WHITE GLOBE
TURNIPS SHOGION
COLLARDS GEORGIA
COLLARDS GEORGIA
CAULIFLOWER SNOWBALL SELF BLANCHING
LETTUCE BUTTER CRUNCH
LETTUCE GREEN ROMAINE
LETTUCE ICEBERG
LETTUCE KEY LIME
LETTUCE LITTLE GEM
LETTUCE PARIS ISLAND COS
LETTUCE ROUGE D'HIVER ROMAINE
LETTUCE SUMMER BIBB
ARUGULA ARUGULA
RADISH CHERRY BELLE
RADISH FRENCH BREAKFAST - RED
RADISH PINK BEAUTY - PINK
RADISH SPARKLER
RADISH WHITE ICICLE
CARROTS AMARILLO - YELLOW
CARROTS ATOMIC RED - RED
CARROTS CHANTENAY ROYAL - RED/ORANGE
CARROTS COSMIC PURPLE - PURPLE
CARROTS GOLD PAK - RED/ORANGE
CARROTS LUNAR WHITE - WHITE
CARROTS NANTE'S SCARLET - ORANGE
EGGPLANT PING TUNG
THAI RED ROSELLE THAI RED ROSELLE
CUCUMBERS BEIT ALPHA - BURPLESS
CUCUMBERS CHINESE YELLOW - YELLOW
CUCUMBERS HORACE BOYETTE - BURPLESS
CUCUMBERS LEMON CUKE - YELLOW
CUCUMBERS POINSETT 76
CUCUMBERS POONA KHEERA - BROWN SKIN
CUCUMBERS STRAIGHT EIGHT
GOURD DISHCLOTH/LUFFA
SUMMER SQUASH BENNINGS GREEN TINT SCALLOP - GREEN
SUMMER SQUASH BLACK BEAUTY - ZUCCHINI
SUMMER SQUASH CROOKNECK - YELLOW
SUMMER SQUASH EARLY PROLIFIC - YELLOW
SUMMER SQUASH LEMON - YELLOW
SUMMER SQUASH PATTISON GOLDEN MARBRE SCALLOP - ORANGE
SUMMER SQUASH PATTISON PANACHE JAUNE ET VERT SCALLOP - WHTE/GREEN
SUMMER SQUASH TONDO SCURO DI PIACENZA - ITALIAN ZUCCHINI
WINTER SQUASH BUSH BUTTERCUP
WINTER SQUASH BUTTERCUP
WINTER SQUASH BUTTERNUT
WINTER SQUASH SEMINOLE PUMPKIN
WINTER SQUASH SPAGHETTI
WINTER SQUASH TABLE QUEEN
WINTER SQUASH TABLE QUEEN - BUSH
WINTER SQUASH THAI SMALL PUMPKIN
PUMPKIN CONNECTICUT FIELD
PUMPKIN CUSHAW GREEN STRIPED
WATERMELON ORANGEGLO - ORANGE FLESH
WATERMELON WHITE SUGAR LUMP - WHITE FLESH
WATERMELON BUSH SUGAR BABY - RED FLESH
WATERMELON CHARLESTON GRAY - PINK FLESH
WATERMELON GEORGIA RATTLESNAKE - RED FLESH
AMERICAN MELON EDISTO - ORANGE FLESH
AMERICAN MELON EMERALD GEM - ORANGE FLESH
AMERICAN MELON PLANTER'S JUMBO - ORANGE FLESH
ASIAN MELON PLUM GRANNY - FRAGRANCE MELON
ASIAN MELON TIGGER - ORANGE FLESH
EUROPEAN MELON CHARENTAIS - ORANGE FLESH
EUROPEAN MELON ORLINABEL - ORANGE FLESH
STRAWBERRIES RED WONDER
STRAWBERRIES YELLOW WONDER
CELERY TENDERCRISP
CELERY UTAH
CELERIAC GIANT PRAGUE
ONIONS CRYSTAL WAX
ONIONS EVERGREEN WHITE BUNCHING
ONIONS RED CREOLE
ONIONS VIOLET DEGALMI
LEEKS CARANTAN
CHARD FIVE STAR SILVER BEET - RAINBOW
CHARD FORDHOOK GIANT
CHARD LUCULLUS SWISS
PEPPERS - HOT ANAHEIM
PEPPERS - HOT ANCHO
PEPPERS - HOT BLACK HUNGARIAN - PURPLE EATING
PEPPERS - HOT HOT BANANA
PEPPERS - HOT HUNGARIAN HOT WAX - YELLOW CANNING
PEPPERS - HOT HUNGARIAN HOT WAX
PEPPERS - HOT JALAPENO
PEPPERS - HOT LEUTSCHAUER PAPRIKA - DRY FOR SPICE
PEPPERS - HOT PASILLA BAJIO - DRY FOR SPICE
PEPPERS - SWEET CALIFORNIA WONDER
PEPPERS - SWEET FRIARIELLO DO NAPOLI
PEPPERS - SWEET GOLDEN MARCONI - GOLD/YELLOW
PEPPERS - SWEET HUNGARIAN SWEET WAX
PEPPERS - SWEET PURPLE BEAUTY - PURPLE
PEPPERS - SWEET RED MARCONI - RED
PEPPERS - SWEET SWEET BANANA
PEPPERS - SWEET SWEET CHOCOLATE - CHOCOLATE
PEPPERS - SWEET YOLO WONDER
TOMATOES - REGULAR ARKANSAS TRAVELLER
TOMATOES - REGULAR BEAUTY KING - STRIPED RED/YELLOW
TOMATOES - REGULAR CARBON - PURPLE
TOMATOES - REGULAR FIRST PICK
TOMATOES - REGULAR GREEN ZEBRA - GREEN
TOMATOES - REGULAR GOLDEN SUNRAY - ORANGE
TOMATOES - REGULAR HOMESTEAD
TOMATOES - REGULAR LONG KEEPER
TOMATOES - REGULAR MARION
TOMATOES - REGULAR OLD VIRGINIA
TOMATOES - REGULAR WHITE TOMESOL - WHITE
TOMATOES - SMALL GAJO DE MELON - RED CANDY
TOMATOES - SMALL GREEN GRAPE
TOMATOES - SMALL ISIS CANDY CHERRY - STRIPED RED/ORANGE
TOMATOES - SMALL LEMON DROP ORGANIC
TOMATOES - SMALL LOLLIPOP - YELLOW CHERRY
TOMATOES - SMALL MATT'S WILD CHERRY
TOMATOES - SMALL PEARLY PINK - PINK CHERRY
TOMATOES - SMALL SUGAR LUMP
TOMATOES - SMALL SWEETIE
TOMATOES - SMALL WHITE WONDER
MARIOGOLDS BROCADE FRENCH BROCADE MIX
MARIOGOLDS UNKNOWN

bacpacker
07-09-2012, 12:03 AM
That is a great list Justa! I have quite a few of the same varieties you listed, and found a lot of them to have very good growing habits. And they do well for the most part up here in Tn as well.

I did spot a few on your list I would be interested in swapping out with you. I'll try and put together a list of what I have and get it posted up when i get a chance.

JustAPrepper
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Nice, BP! Looking forward to seeing your list! There's a few things I'm specifically looking for (Pink Banana's anyone?!!) but I'm always up for trying something new!

bacpacker
07-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Pink Bananas?? Are you referring to banana melon's? If so I can fix you up with those I'm pretty sure.

LUNCHBOX
07-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Not commenting on the seeds.....but we have some good members here.

Sniper-T
07-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Got my first batch in the mail on Friday! Thanks Onestep! I imagine the rest should be along presently.

Nice list Justa! I promise I'll get mine done soon. There just isn't enough hours in a day!

JustAPrepper
07-09-2012, 03:36 PM
BP, the Pink Banana's are real banana's. Here's a blog I found with an image...The Balcony Gardener: Seed Starting Round Two and a Homework Assignment (http://thebalconygardener.blogspot.com/2011/01/seed-starting-round-two-and-homework.html)

Aren't they gorgeous?! Supposedly hard to germinate but once they get going should do well here. The last couple of times I ordered from Baker Creek they were sold out but I just checked and they're in stock so I ordered some along with a few other things.

Here's what I ordered today:
Pink Banana's
Green Machine Melon
Golden Midget Watermelon
White Whippoorwill Southern/Cowpea
Golden Sweet Peas
Sugar Ann Peas
Lincoln Peas
Wando Peas
Cayenne Pepper
Tabasco Pepper
Red Mushroom Pepper
Pattison Panache Blanc et Vert Scallop Squash
White Scallop Squash
Yellow Scallop Squash
Tatume Mexican Squash
Candy Roaster (N. Georgia variety) Squash
Mignonette Bronze Lettuce
Pink Beauty Radish
Purple Plum Radish
Paul Robeson Tomato
Bonny Bell Tomato
Carbon Tomato
Crimson Forest Bunching Onion
Early Purple Vienna Kohlrabi

Here's a few things on my wish list if anyone has them: :)
Ozark Razorback Southern/Cowpeas
Baby Blue Hubbard Squash
Baby Green Hubbard Squash
Green Velvet Tomato
Ozark Pink Tomato
Gold Medal Tomato
Red Zebra Tomato
Sungold Select Cherry Tomato
Black Cherry Tomato
Snowberry Cherry Tomato
Tom Thumb Lettuce
Grandpa Admires Lettuce
Green Arrow Garden Pea

Onestep
07-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Showoff :p
Justa, the missus & I will be down in your neck of the woods Sat. (14th), Archery shop off of Aurora. Maybe we can hook up for lunch after.
BTW, I have your Green Arrow Garden peas covered (Victory), will bring them with us. I have a ton of Texas Cream 40 cowpeas and some zipper peas if you want some of them too.
Call me and let me know if you are available.

Sniper, glad they made it snail mail. Get them in the ground soon as they like it hot.

Grumpy Old Man
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Do any of you Florida ants have datil pepper seeds? I'd be willing to trade Big Jim New Mexico Chile seeds when mine ripen next month!

Onestep
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Grump, I did the original packaging designs for the guy that marketed Datil peppers but I don't have any.
Now I do have access to the worlds hottest pepper seeds, but be forwarned, I don't even grow them, and will not be responsible for any damage they WILL do.
They will feel like your face is on fire, and this is from a tiny piece (and I mean tiny). Plus I will not handle with bare hands.

Here they are:
Naga Bhut Jolokia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Bhut_Jolokia)

Let me know if you want me to get some from my buddy.

msomnipotent
07-09-2012, 07:28 PM
I have 8 moringa oleifera seeds I can trade. I also have rainbow Inca sweet, Stowells' evergreen, Cherokee white eagle corn seeds, a little of the strawberry popcorn, bush sugar baby watermelon, and Royalty purple pod beans. I have some Illini Star tomato seeds. I'm not 100% positive, but I think they are considered cold tolerant.

If anyone has Paw Paw seeds, any of the fancier pumpkins, or herbs other than basil and lemon balm, I would like to trade. Actually, I am kind of open to anything interesting that grows in zone 5 except lettuce.

Grumpy Old Man
07-09-2012, 09:38 PM
OneStep, I thank you for the offer, but those peppers are way out of my league. I was going to try and grow them for a friends wife as she is from a Minorcan background and is originally from FL. She pooh poohed my tobasco peppers as being mild, so I told her I'd try and find her some datil seeds and grow them. Oh well, she'll just have to suffer with my sissy peppers.

BTW, I'll still be willing to send some Big Jim seeds to anyone when they ripen.

JustAPrepper
07-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Grumpy, I don't have any of those seeds but I sent an email to a prepper friend who lives up near St. Augustine. If she doesn't have any or can't locate them I still know a few other people I can contact.

Grumpy Old Man
07-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks Justa! I'm glad your hanging around here more.

Onestep
07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Out of my league too Grump, WAY out.
My buddy always asks me every year if I want some and always decline.

Sniper-T
08-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Believe it or not, I just got the last two batches of seeds that you guys sent up for me. (Thanks again to all!!)

It's too late this year to plant any more, but I'll be ready to hit the ground running next spring.

I've got my inventory done, I just need to clean it up and sort it a little and I'll be able to post it up for your perusal.

Sorry for the delays.

ladyhk13
08-01-2012, 08:42 PM
If seeds are kept in origional packages and in a cool, dark, dry place they should still be good for 1-2 years right?

Sniper-T
08-01-2012, 08:52 PM
I successfully planted seeds this year that were from 2009. They had just as high of a germination rate as anything fresh that I bought.

Katrina
08-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Okay guys need some advice DH has tried to grow peas, many different varieties, Nothing grows. We tested the soil, etc. Everything else grows great guns but not the peas. Any suggestions? type of peas for Michigan, I luv fresh picked peas. Although last year our green and yellow beans got some kind of fungus or Rust on them and now we have to figure out how to make sure it doesn't happen again.

ladyhk13
08-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Kat did you start your peas as seedlings or are you trying to direct sow?

mitunnelrat
08-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Somebody shut off the water to my irrigation system, but the peas still appear to be growing. I'll try to remember what I picked up and let you know.

I'm hoping it springs back from this, I was doing pretty good up until now.

bacpacker
08-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Does anyone need/want any cantaloupe seed? I have plenty and will have more If needed. Should have an abundance of watermelon seed within the month.

ladyhk13
08-26-2012, 12:50 AM
I could never get that go grow. Don't know why...I think I have a cammo thumb (part green and the rest brown).

bacpacker
08-26-2012, 01:21 AM
I'll get you some seed if you would like to try again next year.

ladyhk13
08-26-2012, 11:38 PM
I would be willing to try...bring some with ya to the M&G? Might have to get you to tell me the secret to getting them to grow up here.

bacpacker
08-27-2012, 12:50 AM
I'll do that. A little cow manure mixed in the dirt is about all I ever do special. This years crop is far and away my best in many years. Lots of loupes and most of them are very large. They are about done for this year.

ladyhk13
08-27-2012, 01:16 AM
^haha...boy do I have a story to tell you about cow manure and my garden! It's one for the campfire!!!

Taz Baby
08-27-2012, 02:41 PM
What little bit that Iplanted (baby sweet watermelon, cukes burpless and pickles, tomtom maters and peppers) were 2005 Seeds. They all did great just like they were this year seeds.

Grumpy Old Man
08-31-2012, 04:08 PM
I have pomegranate seeds if anyone wants some as well as some Star of David okra .

bacpacker
08-31-2012, 05:10 PM
I'll send you a PM Grumpy with the addy. Let me know what you would like for them.

Sniper-T
08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
So it seems I will never be done editing this list, and it'll never be as organized as I want it... but if I don't post it soon, I'll be planting again. lol

so here goes:

ETA: formatting didn't come across, it seems, but the number following is how many packets I have, and where applicable whether they are an annual/perrenial/or non-heirloom

Calabrese Broccoli 1
Green Arrow Peas 1
Bulls blood beet ½
Spaghetti squash 1
Black beauty eggplant 1
Gray’s Sweet Cherry Tomato ¼
Richardson tomato ¼
Beit Alpha Cucumber ¼
Ailsa Craig onion ½
Cheesemans Tomato ¼
Black cherry tomato 1
Orange bell pepper ½
Strawberry Rhubarb 1
Martinos Roma Tomato ¼
Early Jalepino pepper ¼
Weaver’s Mennonite Stuffing pepper ¼
Cershownski melon ½
Tom Thumb popcorn 1
Bere Barley 1
Boston pickling cucumber 1
Scarlet nantes carrots 1/2
Crosby’s Egyptian beet 1/2
Homesteader peas 3
Green arrow peas 20
Moon and stars watermelon ½
Spencer Sweet Peas 1

Others:
Clemson Spineless Okra 1
Zipper peas 1
Black beans 1
Texas cow peas 1

Sugar snap peas 1
Lambs lettuce 1
Mixed red lettuce 1
Spaghetti squash 1
Butternut squash 1
Annual bunching onion 4
Zucchini, dark 1
National pickling cucumber 4
Lincoln Homesteader peas 3
Speckled Roman tomatoes 2
Sweet Million F1 tomatoes 1
Bush Bean 1
Bush Beefsteak tomatoes 2
Peaches and cream corn 4
Canteloupe 1
Asparagus ½
Early Girl Tomato 1
Crimson Sweet Watermelon 1/4
Green Goliath broccoli 1
Early Golden Bantam corn 2
Tiny tim tomatoes 3
Big Beef Hybrid tomato 1
Green Utah Celery 1
Marketmore cucumber 2
Nantes Touchon Carrot 1
Yellow hot wax pepper

Non Veggies:

Basil mixture 1 n
Thyme ½ p
Rosemary ½ p
Lavender 1 p
Cilantro 1 a
Oregano ½ p
Basil thai ½ a
Catnip ½ p
Sage 1 p
Datura 3 p

Hummingbird garden 2 a
Butterfly garden 1 a
Wild flower mixture 1 a/p
Babys breath 1 a
Poppy red corn 1 a
Forget me not, Chinese 1 a
Candytuft 1 a
Giant Joshua tree 1 p
Mixed cactus 1 p
Grand canyon chili 1 n

bacpacker
08-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Nice list Sniper. I see 2 or 3 I'm interested in. I'll PM you once I get thru the list in more detail.

Sniper-T
08-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Sounds good BP, don't forget a perusal of this as well:

http://www.heritageharvestseed.com/

I'll be making an order through them and can add in some extras

And that, of course, goes for everyone

T

:)

Evolver
09-01-2012, 01:19 AM
We take a few Bulls blood beets and Black cherry tomato seeds. Bring them down when you come to for a visit and you'll have your pick from anything in our seedbanks or pantry to take back home. :)

JustAPrepper
09-03-2012, 09:36 PM
We take a few Bulls blood beets and Black cherry tomato seeds. Bring them down when you come to for a visit and you'll have your pick from anything in our seedbanks or pantry to take back home. :)

OHHH, Sniper!! I've been Jonesin' for some Black Cherries. As soon as I saw your list I got all excited, grabbed my pen and paper and Evolver told me to keep reading. I don't know how he knew (I'm the Seed Keeper) but they've been on my list for a while now and Baker Creek has been sold out every time I've checked. I just need a few, maybe six at the most. If I can get them germinated, chances are I can get them grown and save my own seeds.

Sniper-T
09-03-2012, 09:47 PM
np. I'll make sure I have them packaged up for you!

Sniper-T
10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
My order is scheduled to arrive next week. I'll get stuff out to those that asked, shortly thereafter

Evolver
10-19-2012, 01:36 AM
T would you like some ghost pepper seeds? I'll bring them to the M&G and for that matter for anyone else that might want them.

ladyhk13
10-19-2012, 04:13 AM
Evolver I would love to try them...is there anything I can trade you for?

Sniper-T
10-19-2012, 09:44 AM
I'll try anything once Evo. :)

Evolver
10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Evolver I would love to try them...is there anything I can trade you for?

After a few of the peppers ripen I'll be harvesting the seeds and after they dry I'll be more than happy to send you two some. Peppers are one of the easiest seeds to ready for planting so they'll be ready by the end of Dec to hand/send out.

is there anything I can trade you for?
Smiles are the best trade ever so I'll take some of them, I know you have plenty. :)

Sniper-T
10-19-2012, 04:43 PM
here's three, that should hold you for a while

ladyhk13
10-22-2012, 05:23 AM
;);):cool:
and how about a yabba dabba doooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evolver
11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
The ghosts are ripe and ready to collect the seeds to save. Evolver is heading for the latex gloves and the knife and he wrote a note to self... remove gloves before you piss. :p

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss162/xplore2c/DSC06232.jpg

Sniper-T
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
They even look mean!

Evolver
11-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Your seeds are ready LadyK

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss162/xplore2c/DSC06255.jpg

PM me with your Address and I'll get them headed your way. I'll also send you germination and growing instructions, peppers are slow growers and love the heat so you should start them indoors in March. :)

Sniper, I'll give you yours when your here.

Sniper-T
12-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I have Evolver's and Backpackers seeds packaged up, and I'll send BP's off from Florida in a couple days.

Here is this years addition to the stores:

Heirloom Beet - Bulls Blood, Qty:4
Heirloom Tomato - Black Cherry, Qty:5
Heirloom Tomato - 42 Days, Qty:2
Heirloom Tomato - Cheeseman's, Qty:2
Heirloom Tomato - Early Annie, Qty:2
Heirloom Tomato - Elfin, Qty:2
Heirloom Tomato - Gray's Sweet Cherry, Qty:2
Heirloom Tomato - Manitoba, Qty:4
Heirloom Tomato -Martino's Roma, Qty:4
Heirloom Cucumber - Boston Pickling, Qty:2
Heirloom Cucumber - Morden Early, Qty:3
Heirloom Eggplant _ Morden Midget, Qty:1
Heirloom Rhubarb - Old Homestead, Qty:2
Heirloom Pepper - King of the North, Qty:2
Heirloom Pepper - Matchbox, Qty:2
Heirloom Muskmelon - Far North, Qty:2
Heirloom Muskmelon - Gnadenfeld, Qty:1
Heirloom Muskmelon - Minnesota Midget, Qty:1
Heirloom Herb - Old Ukrainian Dill, Qty:1
Heirloom Herb - Gigante di Napoli Parsley, Qty:1
Heirloom Beet - Crosby Egyptian, Qty:1
Heirloom Herb - Sage, Qty:1

If anyone else wants, or those who spoke up want more, let me know soon. Plane leaves tomorrow morning.

2 more sleeps til the M&G

Sniper-T
01-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Evo/Justa have their seeds, I did a late night recon of their place last night and sniped Evo this morning. lol!

E, I tossed in a couple extra things in there, hope that you like them.

BP... I haven't been able to find a post office anywhere around here, so I passed on your package to Evo, with postage, hopefully he can send them off for me. You may find a couple extra things tucked in there too.

Oh, and I got my Ghosts from Evo. Hopefully they'll grow in the north!

Evolver
01-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the seeds Sniper and the bonus seeds are awesome! How did you know I like peppers? :p I'm looking forward to give them a try. As for the Ghosts... With all of the reading that I've done on them they are hard to get germinated so you might want to start them indoors in March and give them all the UV that you can.

BP, Yours are on the way!

bacpacker
01-04-2013, 12:30 AM
I can't wait to see whats on the way. I can't recall what we discussed before, so they will all be surprises to me. Thanks

Evo thanks for the assist. let me know what I owe you!

Sniper-T
01-04-2013, 12:46 AM
I didn't know, but as we were touring your garden, I was quietly smiling within at my choice. I think you'll like them.

Evolver
01-04-2013, 10:34 PM
I can't wait to see whats on the way. I can't recall what we discussed before, so they will all be surprises to me. Thanks

Evo thanks for the assist. let me know what I owe you!

Just a smile. T had it all but already to drop in the mailbox and left us mailing funds so all I did was throw two stamps on it, place in the box and lift the flag. :p

Evolver
01-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Hey T, Just thinking... What are them greenish brown speckled tiny fully inflated balloon looking seeds that you had me send to BP? My dogs were going nuts over the envelope and tore it open... they fell to the floor so I put them back in and sealed it back up. :confused:

DEA... :p

Sniper-T
01-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Shhh! did that dang little dog eat the plastic bag they were in? They were vacusealed to protect the smell Guess it opened up in my bag.

No worries... for me that is...it is in US post with your name on the return address.

Good luck pal!

lol

Evolver
01-05-2013, 01:27 AM
I we got sniped again :mad:

Sniper-T
01-05-2013, 01:31 AM
ROFL!!!

gonna getcha! getcha getcha getcha....

GOTCHA!

;)

bacpacker
01-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Do I need to refuse this package with the blue lights sitting outside for delivery? :)

Evolver
01-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Bad boy bad boy what you gonna do when we come for ME!!!! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

ROFL!!!

gonna getcha! getcha getcha getcha....

GOTCHA!

;)

lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAH7VvdWp-c

I was SNIPED!!!!

Sniper-T
01-05-2013, 01:44 AM
What am I going to do?

hmmm

Order another rum punch, and wiggle my toes in the sand on some beach on some tropical island? Yeah... I think that's what I'll do.

Oh... and maybe light up a nice big fat... cigar!

yeah

Evolver
01-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Oh yeah... you'll be able to smoke a real cigar. Damn it man!!!

Evolver
01-05-2013, 02:08 AM
I swear and Justa doesn't believe that I can smell a Cuban cigar from a 100 pases. There isn't anything better other than...

Sniper-T
01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
The first cuban I smoke... I'll dedicate it to you!

bacpacker
01-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Sniper my seeds arrived today. A big thanks to you for everything. They will go to good use.

Evo a big assist out to you as well.

Thanks to all.

Sniper-T
01-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Hopefully you like my extra selections. They should be somewhat cold tolerant for ya!

bacpacker
01-09-2013, 12:50 AM
I think so. Looks like the fall crop has some good stuff to start it out. Thanks again.