PDA

View Full Version : How much of your own food do you grow/produce?

bacpacker
06-26-2012, 02:16 AM
I ran this poll last year and with so many new folks on the forum than we had then, I thought it would be worthwhile to take another look. There are several levels, just choose where you feel like you are and comment if you will on how you are doing and your plans for down the road.

My level actually went up 1 this year. I choose 51-75% this go round. I had a decent wheat harvest for what size patch I planted. Our fruits are starting to produce much better. We are getting several eggs a week, and after we get a few more hens, will be getting all we want to eat and probably some to sell or barter with.

helomech
06-26-2012, 02:19 AM
No poll, but the answer had changed for me. If we are talking about necessary for survival food, I think I am good. But if we are talking about how much we buy vs produce, probably 50% maybe less. Ice cream, pizza, bread, COKE, and things like that.

bacpacker
06-26-2012, 02:23 AM
I failed to put the poll up first, please try again.

helomech
06-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Nada

bacpacker
06-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Well crap! Not sure what I did wrong. I'll try again later. Sorry about that folks.

tompnoid
06-26-2012, 10:50 PM
not alot just some veggies and mellons at the moment working on getting some land to raise some chickens and possibly a few cows probably a pipe dream though

ladyhk13
06-27-2012, 02:05 AM
not alot just some veggies and mellons at the moment working on getting some land to raise some chickens and possibly a few cows probably a pipe dream though

Nothing is a pipe dream....all good things start with a dream and form into realty. All it takes is a dream, a goal and a will to do it. Have faith in yourself...we can be your cheerleaders if ya need some!!!

Taz Baby
06-27-2012, 03:07 AM

My favorite saying is: Where there's a will, there's a way. You just have to have the will to find the way.

Sniper-T
06-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Not nearly enough up til this year... but if the garden does well, My trout survive until harvest, and hunting/fishing is good, I'll move up to about 75%

Onestep
06-27-2012, 11:45 AM
We are at about 75% plus on our vegetables. We have to adjust our menus to match the seasons down here.