PDA

View Full Version : Ya never know.

Onestep
06-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I have a friend I've known for a few years. He's lives about 15 minutes from me so I stopped by the other day to see how he was doing.
I knew he has had a garden before so I asked to see it but this year was a struggle for him.
I offered to help him with it and the subject turned to prepping. We talked a little about some things.
Stopped by to drop off some zipper peas and talked to him some more over the weekend. His wife is on board as well.
Took the tiller and tools by last night and got his old garden going the right direction.
He's on some acreage and wants to expand his garden so I'm going to help him with that.
Coolest thing was the property has an old bomb shelter that the previous owner built years ago on it. It even has a hand operated well inside of it.
We're planning on getting together more and comparing notes (so to speak ). Looks like another great addition to our mag.
Anyway, ya just never know who's on the same page as you until you ask, or in this case, until they bring the subject up.

Sniper-T
06-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Thats awesome! Congrats!

Onestep
06-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I know Sniper. Couldn't believe it myself. Always liked the guy and his family, just never knew.
He has a ton of old school skills, hunts and fishes (like me) and likes vegetable gardening (as does his wife, like mine).

bacpacker
06-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Great find OS. Plus you know the guy. Thats a hard combo to beat.

Katrina
06-28-2012, 05:00 AM
That's fantastic!! Wish I had neighbors like that.

ladyhk13
06-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Hey, why don't you invite him and his wife to the site?

Echo2
06-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Well played....use caution....proceed....could be a great partnership.