PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Looting

Fatty
07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
From Drudgereports.com-

Waldo Canyon Fire Evacuees Return To Find Property Burglarized, Vandalized « CBS Denver (http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/07/01/waldo-canyon-fire-evacuees-burglarized-vandalized/)

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4)- Some evacuees from the Waldo Canyon Fire are returning home to find they were burglarized.

One couple’s car was stolen right out of their garage. Thieves also took jewelry and computers.

“It’s almost as bad as a house burned down because you feel violated. There are people out there who prey upon victims and people that are already suffering, so I feel like I’ve been hit by a train,” said Waldo Canyon Fire evacuee Linda Burton.

So far 22 homes have been reported as being burglarized while evacuees were waiting out the fire.

The evacuated neighborhoods weren’t the only ones targeted. About 60 cars were broken into while evacuees were staying in nearby hotels.

Police in Colorado Springs are still compiling crime reports and not everyone has been allowed to return home. Some 10,000 people remain evacuated. Police have not commented on whether they expect to receive more reports of burglaries or vandalism."

I can only imagine how bad things are getting in Colorado as well as the east coast dealing with their power outages... Thoughts and prayers.

Sniper-T
07-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Unbelievable!

G'damn vultures!

Katrina
07-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Grand kids told me their house was broken into a week or so ago and they are not near the fires, seems a lot of people in the neighborhood were robbed. The police seem to think that there will be more of this while fire is going on in the semi unaffected areas as more and more people are being forced out.

LUNCHBOX
07-08-2012, 02:03 PM
It will never stop amazing me what mankind is capable of no matter what the situation.

Sniper, vulture is to nice. They usually only take from the dead.

Echo2
07-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I personally like the signs that say....

"LOOTERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!"

bacpacker
07-08-2012, 08:11 PM
"Looters will be shot, Survivors will be shot again"

Taz Baby
07-09-2012, 03:01 AM
I like the one that say's ::: Trespasser's will be shot and Survivor's will be turned into feed.

As for the looting.... This is the beginning of what is to come

Fatty
07-09-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm still furious about this situation and I'm not even going through it.

Sniper-T
07-09-2012, 10:16 AM
A number of years ago, they busted a burglery ring locally. These scum would watch the obituaries in the paper, and then go hit the house of the deceased; and possibly other family, during the funeral.

bacpacker
07-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Same here and it still happens from time to time.

Kodiak
07-11-2012, 07:09 PM
People will continue to rob steal and kill as long as they face the joke that our judicial system has become. I'll not get into what I think should happen to these pieces of sh*t but things were a lot simpler when all we had was a tall tree and a short rope.

mitunnelrat
07-12-2012, 01:27 AM
What made it even simpler still was that crimes tried and judged then had to be mala in se, and didn't include mala prohibita, as they do today, but I suppose that's a topic for a different discussion.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-16-2012, 04:58 AM
Well, this is where Law Enforcement is "too busy" and the "George Zimmerman's" need to stand a post for the neighborhood watch. There's no excuse for low lives to be getting away with feeding off the tragedies of others. Just reminds me of all those wonderful people from New Orleans who got "relocated" to places like Houston where their crime rate nearly doubled. Gee I wonder why? They felt they were "entitled " to take what they wanted. Some people just make me sick, then again some people just need to run around in circles more to make it more of a challenge to shoot. As I ramble on..............................

Be safe.............the night is your friend.