PDA

View Full Version : Back Again

Gunfixr
07-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Time's been hectic for me lately, so I haven't hitting forums much. But, I'll have some time now to catch up, seeing as I'll be off work for the next couple weeks.
Had nasal surgery yesterday afternoon. They fixed my deviated septum, worked on something else in the nose, and did some sinus work.
While theoretically I could go back to work in a week, you're not supposed to breathe fumes, lots of smoke, etc. for another week.
Since I make a lot abrasive dust, and have guns to sandblast and spray, I'll just stay away the second week also.

The doc told my wife after surgery, when he came out to let here know how it went, that I had the worst deviated septum he'd seen. He's been doing this for quite some time.
My nose was never broken, it just grew that way on it's own.

I'm gonna have to re-learn how to breathe, as I haven't been able to get sufficient air through my nose since I was about 14, which is just over 30yrs ago.

Sniper-T
07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
A friend had that surgery a number of years ago. The doc told him to duct tape his mouth shut, to force himself to breathe through his nose, as mouth breathing is apparently almost impossible to break (the habit). He did that for about a week, and has been good ever since.

Gunfixr
07-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Duct tape over my mouth??

Well, it won't hard to convince my wife on that one.

Echo2
07-13-2012, 12:22 PM
A sports mouth piece will do the same thing....only takes a few days around the house wearing one...

Besides....the duct tape I have will rip your lips off....:)

GunnerMax
07-13-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm glad the surgery went ok. Hit me up if you need anything

bacpacker
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Glad things went well. Best of luck with the recovery.

izzyscout21
07-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Glad your back and doing well, brother. I've missed seeing some of that bangstick artwork you post up

ak474u
07-13-2012, 02:07 PM
So you had your nose rechambered for a larger caliber, throated and polished the internals, and refinished? Sounds painful good luck with the recovery.

Grumpy Old Man
07-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Glad to see you back!

msomnipotent
07-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Duct tape over my mouth??

Well, it won't hard to convince my wife on that one.

BWAAAHhahaha!

Glad your surgery went well and heal fast.

Gunfixr
07-13-2012, 07:33 PM
The doc removed the packing this morning.
Felt like the pieces were dragging on my brain. Once I saw them, I wasn't so far off.
The packing pieces, one in each side, noticeably thicker than my thumb, and about as long as my middle finger.
The stuff just kept coming out.
It was like a magic trick, I was thinking a bunny would come out tied to the end.

The duck tape I have would rip my lips off too.

Oh, there'll be more bangsticks.

It is painful, but not nearly the pain I've had before.

Yeah, after posting that about the duck tape, on the way to the docs, I had told here what I'd put up.
She thought it was funny, but there was a strange look in her eye .................................................. .........