PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think this is odd?

TOOTHPICK
07-13-2012, 10:44 PM
:confused:This is a posting from Craigslist that I just stumbled across. I don't really like stuff like this... plus, $10.96? i would want/need a lot more to do something like this, if I was to even consider it! Maybe they're practicing for the FEMA camps?! hahaha, but seriously though, I don't like the website attached either!

DC/Role players for military disaster relief training (Camp Atterbury IN)
Date: 2012-07-03, 4:48PM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
Subject: Displaced Civilian (DCs) Role Player Job Description

1. Displaced Civilian (DCs) Role Players will provide support to training exercises in a realistic field environment at Camp Atterbury & Muscatatuck Urban Training Center (MUTC), Indiana (near the towns of Butlerville and Vernon, Jennings County, IN).

2. Dates: 26 July - 13 August 2012 (18 days work)
3. Job Description: DC role players will replicate civilians that are injured and or contaminated by terrorist attacks such as explosions and chemical releases, as well as natural disasters such as hurricanes or tornados that are scenario driven. DCs will act out their specific roles as provided by the company and USG customer. DCs role play through a simulated decontamination with water spray and are medically treated during this exercise at numerous locations.

4. DC Role Players will work outside in all types of weather, stand for long periods of time and require some walking, jumping, waiving and yelling. DC Role Players will be treated with mock decontamination and emergency medical treatment to train first responders. DC Role Players will be subject to moulage (makeup).
5. Travel: DCs will be transported from the assigned parking lot to the training area. DC will provide their own travel to the assigned parking lots in Indiana. Designated parking lots are in Vernon, IN (or some other nearby community).
6. Clothing: DCs will be given civilian clothing to wear for the exercise and moulaged prior to the start of each training scenario or day. DCs will process through water decontamination tents and require the wearing of bathing suits or similar clothing. All should wear older clothes and sturdy/comfortable footwear.

APPLY at: http://www.lexiconinc.com/careers/
Then scroll down to: Displaced Civilian (DC) Role Player
Then click: APPLY HERE

Compensation: $10.96 per hour, overtime as required.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 3116960142

Echo2
07-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Creepy.....I couldn't do that.

I'll just practice a run to my BOL....

LUNCHBOX
07-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Military and most gov't agencies will run real life scenario/hands on training. For me its not that they are practicing....its what they are practicing. Figure it this way, here we practice trigger time, gardening, maybe some med stuff, etc. We do that because thats what we expect to use. They are practicing massive chemical/weapon warfare. ???????

TOOTHPICK
07-14-2012, 02:03 AM
LB, I sure hope not! i just think it's weird that all this stuff in the "underground" news is starting to surface about Martial Law, and Civil Unrest, and blah blah blahhhhh, and now we have all these trainings for it. This isn't the first thing like this I've seen. I've just never seen one going on so close to home. Maybe they are preparing for it because they know something we don't. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist, but, I also know a lot of fishy stuff goes on before a "big event". I really don't like parts 3 and 4... it just sounds too staged. With this stuff going on with Syria and everyone else that hates the U.S., maybe they are getting ready for something big?

Kodiak
07-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Sounds fun, I think we should sign up for it.

LUNCHBOX
07-14-2012, 05:58 AM
T, we won't worry if its tin-foil hat related....As for it being related to the forum, it does show other agencies possibly practicing/training for shtf scenarios. This could be good or bad I guess.

ladyhk13
07-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Sounds just like what I did when I went thought AIT in Ft. Sam Houston. No thanks, had enough the first time around.

bacpacker
07-15-2012, 03:17 PM
We had a exercise we participated in one year with our local airport. They used collage students for the victims. Sounds similar except for the scenario. It is amazing how many training scenarios turns out actually happen though.

Imo if you hear of one of these around your area or anywhere for that matter. It probably wouldnt hurt to prep for it..

LUNCHBOX
07-15-2012, 05:43 PM
We had a exercise we participated in one year with our local airport. They used collage students for the victims. Sounds similar except for the scenario. It is amazing how many training scenarios turns out actually happen though.

Imo if you hear of one of these around your area or anywhere for that matter. It probably wouldnt hurt to prep for it..

^^^That's it in a nutshell.

ladyhk13
07-15-2012, 11:57 PM
You never know what kind of connections you could be making by going though. I would really hate to be the DC however. It's really NOT fun. Last time I was one of those I was dumped in a river up to my shoulders in freezing temps, told to walk to the other side (and do not get your weapon wet), crawl up the bank and find a tree to lie under until I was found...turned out to be HOURS later. Yeah, a week in the hospital from that little exercise. I would much rather be the one FINDING the DC's thank you very much :)

Sniper-T
07-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Sounds interesting. If any one is in the area, a little recon might be in order.