PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers for safety.

Katrina
07-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Son 1 got a great opportunity in his career, however he will be leaving for Namimbia shortly. The director who made the "Mad Max" movies is re-shooting them (with different actors) and Son1 has been asked to come out there to be the 2nd AD(Asst Director)?. We are all thrilled for him but MOM is being mom and worried as they are shooting close to some dangerous areas. Not to mention the wild animals, bugs ,snakes, etc. He'll be there til about Thanksgiving. They have an apt for him in the city. He said it's like being in Detroit according to the emails he's gotten and in Johannesburg is like L.A but its out in the wilds I worry about. I mean when a whole day is spent sitting and waiting till the curious rhinos walk thru the set before they can film, I tend to worry a little bit.
So if you all could sent a few words up to the Good Lord for his safety and the rest of the people's safety, I'd be grateful.

AlphaTea
07-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Tell him to wait a couple of years and he will be able to shoot it as a Documentary here in the USA

bacpacker
07-25-2012, 10:18 AM
We'll keep him in our prayers.

Sniper-T
07-25-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm wishing him all the best. Hopefully he can enjoy his time there too (in addition to the work and worry). Sounds like an awesome experience.

Will send out a prayer his way (and yours)

RedJohn
07-25-2012, 01:38 PM
He'll do just fine. The world is not all made up to be what we're told about. Plus they have security on these shooting. This will be a great experience for him.

Gearhead
07-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Much luck to him!

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2

izzyscout21
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Ask him if he needs a technical adviser................

Katrina
07-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes. RJ, I know he'll do great and will be safe. Thanks Izzy, I'll ask him but I think they are covered. Sniper, HE'LL be having the fun Mom is the one worried, just 1% of me though the other 99, I KNOW he'll be okay.

ladyhk13
07-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Prayers said for him and the crew and for the great success of the movie. Also for his family he will be leaving behind that will be missing him and awaiting his return.

msomnipotent
07-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Sounds so exciting! I wish him the best!

slowz1k
07-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Prayers sent

Katrina
07-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks again all. He is on pins and needles as his visa is still in limbo, one good thing about that is he won't have to cut his time short with his kids, it's his month to have them :). They are excited that Daddy is going to Africa although I think they think it's like Madagascar (the movie).

ladyhk13
07-29-2012, 03:55 AM
So does this mean I get to put in an order for a really nice gift for him to bring back for me? I am somebody special after all....I haven't deleted any of your posts or banned you or anything! LOL!!!

Katrina
07-29-2012, 04:25 AM
Gotta get him there first. But yeah I am putting in my request. Don't know what yet, he'll have to peruse the bazaar's and local shops and report back.

Katrina
08-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Well It's official. His visa came through today. He maybe leaving as soon as Friday, he's still waiting to find out what flight he's on and how much stuff he can take with him. So far three suitcases, a duffel and a 20"by20" box is packed and waiting. DIL will be in GA til end of August then back home to MI.

Evolver
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Prayers outbound. What a cool experience this is going to be for him and It would be fun to tag along.

Taz Baby
08-03-2012, 02:39 AM
I am wishing him luck on a safe flight. And prayers be with him until he returns. It is going to be rough on the family but it will pay off in the long run. As long as he doesn't want to bring back an elephant.

Katrina
08-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Well he is on the plane as I write this. He hits Johannesburg Sat am overnight in a hotel there, then flight to Namibia on Sunday. Starts work on Monday. Don't know about that Taz, but Grand daughter is big into giraffes, so guess what she wants Dad to send home? LOL.
Thanks all for your prayers and thoughts. He has access to Skype and emails but phone service is too expensive. SO I'll be hanging on the edge of seat to hear from him.

Taz Baby
08-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Well then tell him to get one like this one and he won't have to worry. It's stuffed.
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4676180681033410&id=3279292fb5f440dba5cbf9a47bb0751f

ladyhk13
08-05-2012, 02:51 AM
I bet he's excited though. I'll be in line to see his movie!

Katrina
08-06-2012, 04:44 AM
That is adorable Taz. I want one!!
He's there now. He almost had to sleep in airport as he didn't have a visa for South Africa. Turns out the hotel he was to stay in was in Johannesburg proper, the person booking it booked the wrong one. How ever a quick call got him a room at the hotel attached to airport for the night like they were supposed to do. Can't wait to hear form him
Thanks again for all your prayers.

Katrina
08-15-2012, 01:10 AM
Just to let you all know Son 1 is doing fine. He called last Saturday. Other than eating 11 tons of sand everyday, LOL, he's doing fine. Looks like he will be there till almost Christmas unless he can get them caught up and back on schedule.
Now for all you (and you know who you are)(just kidding) out there he's working with Charlize Theron and 5 Victoria Secret models along with the other actors and crew.

bacpacker
08-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Now for all you (and you know who you are)(just kidding) out there he's working with Charlize Theron and 5 Victoria Secret models along with the other actors and crew.

Well I might as well go ahead and step out now. Tell him to call me if he needs any help with any of those 6. :)

Glad things are going well for him. Hopefully he can get them straightened out and can get home in plenty of time for christmas.

Katrina
08-15-2012, 02:17 AM
bp, will do Passport up to date?

bacpacker
08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
:)
No actually its not. I need to renew that. We may need to make a dash to Canada sometime. Last time we went we didnt need a passport.

Sniper-T
08-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Mine is current! :)

you coming anywhere near my neck of the woods BP?

bacpacker
08-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Probably no time soon T. We drove around Lake Superiour back in 2005 and had a great time. If we ever make it back up there it will either be up in the North East ( Nova Scotia, PEI, and NEw Brunswick) or out toward Banff and in the rockies. I suppose the westward trip would be realativley close to your AO.

Sniper-T
08-16-2012, 05:28 PM
If you do the West... you're less than a 1000 miles from me. pop on by for a cold one!

bacpacker
08-16-2012, 11:25 PM
I'll take you up on that. If we do make it out there it will be a sightseeing tour. We are all about being in the country and your area sure sounds like it fits that bill.

eagle326
08-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Well I might as well go ahead and step out now. Tell him to call me if he needs any help with any of those 6. :)

Glad things are going well for him. Hopefully he can get them straightened out and can get home in plenty of time for christmas.

So B.P. ; Where do you want me to send your Get Well Soon card after momma sees this. :p I hope your rehab isn't too long. You're not getting any younger you know.

Either you ain't right son or you're crazy like a fox. :rolleyes:

bacpacker
08-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Aw hell Eagle, you know I ain't right. And she knows if those Victoria Secret Models ever saw me they'd run away screaming!

:)

Katrina
08-17-2012, 03:56 AM
You guys are a stitch!!. Anyways DH and I will be trying to talk to Son1 soon. He called via skype last Saturday and He sounded good. Thanks again for all the prayers!!

Willie51
08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Katrina,
That is awesome and I know you are very proud of your son. Our youngest son is too a film maker/director. He just left the company job to do it on his own. Fingers crossed and prayers for he and his bride in this economy, although he is off to a decent start. And she has a great job as an ICU RN.
Willie51

bacpacker
08-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Glad all is going well Katrina. We'll keep your family in our prayers as well Willie.

Katrina
08-22-2012, 04:24 AM
Thanks all it is much appreciated!!:o
Willie, has son gotten into the DGA yet?(Directors Guild of America)

Willie51
08-22-2012, 04:57 AM
Thanks all it is much appreciated!!:o
Willie, has son gotten into the DGA yet?(Directors Guild of America)

I don't know, but I will ask him. Any direction would be appreciated. He really does do great work. He just sent pictures of some awards that he just received for a short film that he wrote, directed, and acted in (for his senior year in college 2011). I don't understand all that stuff, but I noticed there was a Telly Award, Ava Platinum Award, a Silver Award at Texas Film Fest, and a Grand Prize for something Television. Also, he and another director won Grand Prize back in 2009 for a commerical they did. He really enjoys it, so he should do real well.

Katrina
08-23-2012, 04:29 AM
That's awesome, Willie. You never know your son and mine may know each other already. I think the movie he did with Drew Barrymore went to the South by Southwest film festival in Texas or was it the film festival in Toronto. I can't remember.

Katrina
09-20-2012, 04:50 AM
You guys are terrific. Son 1 is doing great and DIL will be joining him this Saturday. Thank you all for keeping them in your prayers.

ladyhk13
09-21-2012, 06:24 AM
I hope he gets here before anything more goes on overseas. Tell him to get a move on! Make it "for t.v." since they fill it with 75% of commercials anyway and he can cut back on how much material he has to put in LOL!

Katrina
09-22-2012, 03:57 AM
He doesn't control that, the man who wrote and did the Mad Max movies is the boss..Son1 just wrangles the cars, trucks, people, etc.
They FINALLY found him an apartment(and not over a disco)50 feet from the oceans edge

ladyhk13
09-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Well he is in my prayers to be done quickly and come back to the States. On a side note, do you know what kind of shots he had to get before he left?