PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Prepping from the other side

bacpacker
07-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Folks I ran across this video over in another forum and thought I should share it with you folks for discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bch3BVgl4&feature=plcp

I watched this with my mouth flopped open. Holy shit, this guy, and I'm sure lots of others, know all about what we are doing and just flat plan on taking it all. I have always known shit would be bad. I guess I just never quite looked at it thru the other sides eyes before.

Thoughts? Solutions?

The Stig
07-27-2012, 01:36 AM
Thoughts?

He's an idiot trying desperately to sound intelligent.

What he "fails to consider" is that many of us don't talk openly about exactly what we plan on doing to deal with the "assemblies" he speaks of.

What he "hasn't thought about" is that many of don't plan on being a house of 3 people waiting around for a pack of jackals to tear us apart.

What he isn't thinking about is that many of are taking active steps right this minute to deal with what he's describing, but are smart enough not to post chapter and verse about said plans on the internet.

He is no different than the street thug who wants my $20 because he's too lazy to earn his own. He can try to sound "thought provoking" and "edgy" but what he's really saying is "I'm an ignorant, lazy fuck who'd rather steal than earn."

Solutions:

Found HERE (http://www.shtfready.com/forums/35-Warrior-Round-Table)

helomech
07-27-2012, 02:49 AM
I think he under estimates the challenges of over running a place that someone has fortified. I also doubt his gang is going to walk every dirt road in the country and the odds of finding my place is very low.

izzyscout21
07-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Thoughts?

He's an idiot trying desperately to sound intelligent.

What he "fails to consider" is that many of us don't talk openly about exactly what we plan on doing to deal with the "assemblies" he speaks of.

What he "hasn't thought about" is that many of don't plan on being a house of 3 people waiting around for a pack of jackals to tear us apart.

What he isn't thinking about is that many of are taking active steps right this minute to deal with what he's describing, but are smart enough not to post chapter and verse about said plans on the internet.

He is no different than the street thug who wants my $20 because he's too lazy to earn his own. He can try to sound "thought provoking" and "edgy" but what he's really saying is "I'm an ignorant, lazy fuck who'd rather steal than earn."

Solutions:

Found HERE (http://www.shtfready.com/forums/35-Warrior-Round-Table)

^^THIS + 100000000000000000

what a total fucking assclown

I think....I know that he's going to be in a world of hurt when he tries to run with his little theory.

Sometimes, I can not believe the sheer retarded stupidity that is in peoples heads.

I'm pretty sure that I've single handedly killed more people in one engagement than the number of folks in his "posse".

izzyscout21
07-27-2012, 03:53 AM
http://www.motivationals.org/demotivational-posters/demotivational-poster-17606.jpg

ladyhk13
07-27-2012, 04:05 AM
Well for ya'll in TN you know where to come, I don't think we would have an overcrowding problem.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-27-2012, 04:19 AM
Well for ya'll in TN you know where to come, I don't think we would have an overcrowding problem.

Glad you cleared it with me...............guess I'll be wearing the apron again. Keeps the powder off my jeans.......I hate flash burns. NO PISSIN IN THE CREEKS!

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

- - - Updated - - -

AND NO WANNABE BEAVERS EITHER! (log jams)

ak474u
07-27-2012, 05:00 AM
I can see it now... "Jerome! Your head just explo....". This guy may be right till he meets someone who hunts, or has experience with using a precision rifle. So, how long do ya think his buddies will hide after the first one's brains get splattered all over them, and they can't figure out where the shot came from? Wait till he meets a "gang" of well trained preppers, that'll be fun.

LUNCHBOX
07-27-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm just going to say "No comment" at this time.

TroubleShooter
07-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Glad he believes what he sees on TV......

Onestep
07-27-2012, 12:28 PM
He'll probably be the first to die.

bacpacker
07-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Most excellent solutions folks! I guess they never stop and think about what 2-3, or in his idea 4-5 folks hosin their asses would to them. A few punkins coming apart will tend to make them rethink their strategy.

realist
07-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Well I's gots my friends but wes donts meets and hang ats dee corner. We gots it together and wes just itchen for a fight so bring it on bitch.......

It is always good to see the other side and their views. Everyone needs to understand that there are predators and grazers in this world. He is looking at the grazers that will just roll over when he arrives. I think that he is sorely mistaken and all I can say is that it is my hope that he continues to hang at the corner and takes a bullet to the melon during the next drive by.........

Sniper-T
07-27-2012, 02:49 PM
He's a tool, plain and simple. Probably has never set foot outside of the projects, and doesn't have a clue how long a country road can be when your walking it.

I think that people in the cities need to worry 'a little' more about ashats like this, but imo, his posse is going to be fighting with some other posse until they're all dead anyways, and not much of a danger to those laying low.

He doesn't understand the true meaning of 'prepping' It isn't just about the storing of food, ammo and meds... it is about the mental game. I regularly run scenarios, and what I need to do about them. If I see his 'posse' coming down the road, and their intent is obvious, I will start picking them off from a safe distance. Then we'll see how enthusiastic the rest are once 1/2 are down, and they're in a swamp up to their armpits, trying to stay alive.

First rule of SHTF... There are no rules. If I can pick out which is the leader of the group, he goes down first. Whoever steps up to take charge, is second. etc.

Here ya go assclown... I'll even make a donation to you so you can start your own preps:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/scottishmr2/Guns/BIRDMAN_SIGHTS.jpg

Stg1swret
07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Total idiot. He and his posee won't make it out of the city. Some other gang banger will clean hi clock trying to get his car that doesn't start.

kmab
07-27-2012, 03:26 PM
We don't tell everything we know. Some of us ARE members of 'gangs'. Some protect their wares with booby traps. Like most that share his mindset -They'll learn the hard way. or is it the dead way.

pirate
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Let look at this logically. Even if they are successful at killing all preppers and taking all their food. At one point they are going to run out of food and people to steal from and turn on each other. Plus the fact that they will most likely be killing all the people who would know how to help them survive WHEN the food runs out, when there is no fresh bottled water. Part of prepping in the knowledge, the knowledge of how to survive even if you dont have your supplies. How to make a water filter system from stuff around the house. How to use a car battery to run power tools. You kill me and you effectively ruin your own future.

Sniper-T
07-27-2012, 04:03 PM
and the best first post award goes to...^

Stormfeather
07-27-2012, 05:45 PM
http://www.motivationals.org/demotivational-posters/demotivational-poster-17606.jpg

a slight chuckle snort came out of my nose when I saw this. . . is that bad?

Stormfeather
07-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Ok, in regards to the video, i think I have seen a few of this guys videos before, and I could be mistaken, But I think this video was done in a somewhat "stereotyped" style to get a point across. If I remember correctly, hes somewhat of a prepper himself and the video was done as a "wake up" to how a certain segment of the nation thinks when it sees preppers on tv. I will do more checking into it once I get back home, but im pretty sure this is the case.

Sniper-T
07-27-2012, 06:05 PM
^ If that is the case, then he should have just referenced this one and saved us all the anguish of having to listen to him speak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO-ezjm5voY&feature=player_embedded#!

Stg1swret
07-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Have seen that one before, and there are some good points to ponder for post SHTF survival. There will certainly be such groups, but they would need to bolster there numbers constantly. No one conducts and is successful 7 of 8 time with a group of 12 members without incurring casualties. Those who are in mags or even defending their own homestaeds post SHTF have to develope a good defensive plan and train it. it helps if you can find other preppers in you AO who can act as opfor when you train your plan, so you can close the inevitable holes that develope due to bad planning, or poor training.

pirate
07-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Figured if i am gonna put my 2 cents in it should be something good

slowz1k
07-27-2012, 06:48 PM
I pretty much agree with what the idiot is saying. "Strength in Numbers".... Whether we as individuals, or mags, can handle a gang scenario will remain to be seen. The bottom line is that gangs exist right now, even in the smaller cities such as mine. (Greensboro, NC is infested with MS-13, many off-shoots of the Bloods, and a butt load of Asian gangs). They are organized, armed, and already have a command structure in place. Most do as they please when there is law and order in place. Remove LEO's or stretch them so thin during an event that they can't function, and there will be nothing to hold the gangs back. I can only hope that they'll feed off of each other for a while, before they come knocking on my door.
As for this guy... If he's not already plugged into a gang, he'll probably get eaten by the very people he's counting on to save him.

Just my .02 and I'm usually wrong.

The Stig
07-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Let look at this logically. Even if they are successful at killing all preppers and taking all their food. At one point they are going to run out of food and people to steal from and turn on each other. Plus the fact that they will most likely be killing all the people who would know how to help them survive WHEN the food runs out, when there is no fresh bottled water. Part of prepping in the knowledge, the knowledge of how to survive even if you dont have your supplies. How to make a water filter system from stuff around the house. How to use a car battery to run power tools. You kill me and you effectively ruin your own future.

Fantastic point.

Also, you can kill me and take my stuff but if you don't know how to use any of it you'll simply squander the resources that much quicker. Meaning you'll have to roll another camp of people and risk getting shot all over again.

Rinse and repeat.

That sort of stellar gameplan probably explains why he's so proud of being unprepared.

ETA: And his masterplan assumes complete and total breakdown. Otherwise, in a localized SHTF event, where he can't rape and pillage his way to success, he's now screwed because he's completely unprepared. Good thinking!

ak474u
07-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Fantastic point.

Also, you can kill me and take my stuff but if you don't know how to use any of it you'll simply squander the resources that much quicker. Meaning you'll have to roll another camp of people and risk getting shot all over again.

Rinse and repeat.

That sort of stellar gameplan probably explains why he's so proud of being unprepared.

ETA: And his masterplan assumes complete and total breakdown. Otherwise, in a localized SHTF event, where he can't rape and pillage his way to success, he's now screwed because he's completely unprepared. Good thinking!

His plan: shit pants, grab spray paint, head for roof, spray paint help, <spelled wrong of course, wait for helicopters, complain about length of time it took to get rescued, blame Bush. The end.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-27-2012, 11:11 PM
He's a tool, plain and simple. Probably has never set foot outside of the projects, and doesn't have a clue how long a country road can be when your walking it.

I think that people in the cities need to worry 'a little' more about ashats like this, but imo, his posse is going to be fighting with some other posse until they're all dead anyways, and not much of a danger to those laying low.

He doesn't understand the true meaning of 'prepping' It isn't just about the storing of food, ammo and meds... it is about the mental game. I regularly run scenarios, and what I need to do about them. If I see his 'posse' coming down the road, and their intent is obvious, I will start picking them off from a safe distance. Then we'll see how enthusiastic the rest are once 1/2 are down, and they're in a swamp up to their armpits, trying to stay alive.

First rule of SHTF... There are no rules. If I can pick out which is the leader of the group, he goes down first. Whoever steps up to take charge, is second. etc.

Here ya go assclown... I'll even make a donation to you so you can start your own preps:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/scottishmr2/Guns/BIRDMAN_SIGHTS.jpg

That was fuckin funny, I was laughin my ass off. Never saw that one, Excellent Sniper! But on the subject, I was laying low as to not voice my honest opinion. But I would more than welcome the challenge is all I can say. I'll have no remorse for them. We won't, we'll survive.

TOOTHPICK
07-28-2012, 01:07 AM
I watched 3 minutes and 38 seconds before I cut it off. Here's my thing, I know my land, house, and buildings better than anyone, I know where to hide, how to move around my property to flank a group, where to set up a good defensive position... not to mention, we have 5 dogs... ya... 5! I think I would know that they are coming before they even get close to my property. I know that I can't stop a group if they bum rush, but I can sure slow them down and maybe take 'em out one at a time. Like I said, I know what spots are best for what and how to use my property to MY ADVANTAGE! Not claiming to be a bad ass here, but, all of you know your digs better than anyone too!

helomech
07-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I watched 3 minutes and 38 seconds before I cut it off. Here's my thing, I know my land, house, and buildings better than anyone, I know where to hide, how to move around my property to flank a group, where to set up a good defensive position... not to mention, we have 5 dogs... ya... 5! I think I would know that they are coming before they even get close to my property. I know that I can't stop a group if they bum rush, but I can sure slow them down and maybe take 'em out one at a time. Like I said, I know what spots are best for what and how to use my property to MY ADVANTAGE! Not claiming to be a bad ass here, but, all of you know your digs better than anyone too!

Not to mention if it gets that bad there will be booby traps all over and things will be set up to funnel people where I want them. People are like cattle and will take the easier route, especially after walking a long ways and not knowing what is coming up next.

Stormfeather
07-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Not to mention if it gets that bad there will be booby traps all over and things will be set up to funnel people where I want them. People are like cattle and will take the easier route, especially after walking a long ways and not knowing what is coming up next.

Helo, not to be devils advocate here, but I will state this first and foremost, you are correct. People have a inborn natural tendency to follow the natural drift of terrain. What happens when you get experienced folks like yourself, izzy, or myself who dont follow those rules?

Stg1swret
07-28-2012, 07:56 PM
One must plan for having to face a determined and trained enemy.

helomech
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Helo, not to be devils advocate here, but I will state this first and foremost, you are correct. People have a inborn natural tendency to follow the natural drift of terrain. What happens when you get experienced folks like yourself, izzy, or myself who dont follow those rules?

Even trained people when they are not expecting a fight will take the easier route, sure when you get near your intended target we will break off and find the best way in, but for that to be successful you have to know your target is near. If you are moving through an area you have never been through and you are trying to cover lots of ground you will not be low crawling through the thickets. You and I will evulate the risk and if we determine the risk is low we will take the easier route. Since very few people even know there is a house where I live, there is not much reason to think the risk is high.

That is what booby traps are for. If things go bad they will only be one safe way into my property. I know it better than anyone else, some places you just can't get through without making lots of racket. Lots of my place is nothing but sticker bushes so thick even the hogs go around it. You could literally fall in and not touch the ground. Even experienced folks will tend to take the easy way after a while. You can only crawl for so long before you take another route. There is only one road into my place, and that will be blocked at first sign of trouble. Even experienced people generally stay within a close distance of easy routes. And since very few people even know that my place is back there I don't see organized groups walking through miles of woods being quite the entire time just hoping to stumble across something. Even the ones that do will run across bobby traps, and dogs. I am not saying my defenses are inpenetrable by any means, but it is the old saying sometimes the reward is not worth the fight. Just make the odds of being successful low and painful, and most will pick another target. BTW I love tinkering with traps and such. I like it almost as much as shooting my guns. I love mouse traps, and clothes pins, they are so useful. Also love British ground spikes.

helomech
07-28-2012, 08:15 PM
One must plan for having to face a determined and trained enemy.

No doubt. I just don't see large bands of trained people going down thousands of miles of dirt roads (just in my county) hoping to run into a target. And doing this while trying to stay off easy trails. For a group of people to take their time and go around just my little county would take months, probably over a year now multiply this times all the counties in the U.S.. Unless you travel roads travel through the woods would be slow. And each encounter is probably going to cost even the best trained groups a few people. In some areas, like west Texas it would be easy for a group of people to scout and find targets, but where I live you cant see more than a few hundred yards, in most areas you won't see 50 yards. And you could literally walk miles and never see a house. So what I am basically saying is there is no way you can defend against all scenarios, one stolen APC could come in and destroy everything. But I feel (I am still doing more) I have done a lot to make us safe from all but the most determined groups. And I feel the odds of a very determined group finding me is very low. If things go south I have no doubt a few drifters may find my place by pure accident, but no one will be able to drive a vehicle withing 5 miles of my place.

cwconnertx
07-29-2012, 06:47 PM
We have to acknowledge the lawlessness that might result if leo's are pulled back, but it works both ways. A neighborhood of blue collar hunters might let the low profile drug dealer, pedophile, meth addict, etc alone for now, but come shtf and they start causing trouble and all that innocent until proven guilty goes out the window. Police presence protects the criminals too, to a certain extent at least. Put another way... some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them. Take away law and order and some gangbanger puke wannabe's are gonna get what's coming to them from the people they have been bothering.

NWPilgrim
07-29-2012, 09:14 PM
We have to acknowledge the lawlessness that might result if leo's are pulled back, but it works both ways. A neighborhood of blue collar hunters might let the low profile drug dealer, pedophile, meth addict, etc alone for now, but come shtf and they start causing trouble and all that innocent until proven guilty goes out the window. Police presence protects the criminals too, to a certain extent at least. Put another way... some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them. Take away law and order and some gangbanger puke wannabe's are gonna get what's coming to them from the people they have been bothering.

Totally agree. If rule of law breaks down the responsible citizens will start banding together to protect their homes, churches and businesses and routes of travel. Anyone that poses a serious threat is likely to be preventatively dispatched.

Although I don't share prepping info or plans with my neighbors, I estimate at least 6-8 of the closest would readily band together with us for mutual protection. We could at least close off our immediate two cul-de-sacs.

Initially, before people realize they are on their own the hoodlums may knock off a few homes. But it would not take much of that without police response for many men to realize they need to be the front line for their families and neighborhoods.

Gunfixr
07-29-2012, 09:58 PM
LOL, that was some funny shit right there.
If he thinks that he and about 20 or so of his gang buddies are just going to walk up to the front door of most preppers' house after SHTF, and take their stuff after shooting the preppers, and then all walk away fat and happy, then he's dumber than he looks in the video.

Even with little to no training, 4 or 5 people who are desperate not to be killed and shooting at a clustered group at the front door are going to take down at least 1/4 of them. He may be one of that 1/4.

If he comes up on someone like most here, his group will be dwindling as soon as the defenders realize for certain they are the target, and they are in range. There won't be anybody left to get to the front door. Since where I live the range is at best 50-75 yds, some might make it halfway across the yard, if they come quick and from the right direction. But everybody here can shoot and hit farther than that, and we have the armament for all to be putting plenty of rounds out at one time.

If he comes rolling up on those like a few here, he won't even know what happened.

He doesn't even take into account that most gangs will not align with other gangs, so he'll have to get through the gauntlet of other gangs just to get to my house. This is not to mention all of the other desperate people who are out wandering looking for anything they can take. Every time some lone person starving with a gun removes one or two from his group, it dwindles.

He also forgets gangs do rely on numbers, and fear of their superiority. When he hits someone who is not afraid of his numbers, and his group finds itself dropping off faster than they can count, they'll cut and run, looking for an easier target.
Or stand and die in their confusion over what went wrong.
He fails to realize that in the real world, just one guy with a gun who mostly gets lucky can wreak total havoc on any plan you may have.
Dead is dead. If bullets are flying, and you are there, you can be hit.

And his dead gang in the street will deter then next one.
Maybe with a sign "We didn't use all the ammo on these idiots".

Grumpy Old Man
07-30-2012, 04:36 PM
3 S's

Stormfeather
08-03-2012, 11:09 AM
NWPilgrim. . . im going to hijack a phrase of yours. . ."preventatively dispatched" just because I like the way ya used it! Thats going to be my buzzword for my next ccw class I teach!

NWPilgrim
08-03-2012, 02:52 PM
NWPilgrim. . . im going to hijack a phrase of yours. . ."preventatively dispatched" just because I like the way ya used it! Thats going to be my buzzword for my next ccw class I teach!

Ha ha! Thanks. I was thinking of saying they would use prophylactic firepower but figured that could be misconstrued.

Alas Babylon
08-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Along with everything already said, I dont think he understands supply either. His group that gets bigger and bigger needs more and more food. It may be able to hit sheeple and get enough food for 5 people for a day, but not 20 or more. They may just die off from starvation and fatigue before ever getting out of downtown, and if they are not well supplied, they will turn on each other for their ill gotten gains. To feed a big gang without resources they would have to be in constant battle, or hit the WallyWorld distribution center.
By the time they make it to prepperville, they may be to weak to think straight.
I guess a good thing about prepper shows is that people like this think what they see represents all preppers. Even better for us. Misinformation is our friend.

But as Sun Tzu said - never underestimate your enemy, even gang guys from da hood.

Gunfixr
08-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Somehow I missed that before, "preventatively dispatched".

I gotta remember that one myself.

ehughes1488
08-12-2012, 11:51 PM
People like him makes me feel I have a better chance for survival haha.

TEOTWAWKI13
08-21-2012, 07:37 PM
I watched the first 2 minutes of the video, and decided not to waste too much more time. He lost me when he said "I watched this show on TV called Doomsday Preppers". I personally agree with him...a lot of those people will die at the hands of various gangs like he plans to implement with Pookie and RayRay and 'em.

What he grossly miscalculates is that 99.999% of us and those like us on here would have never submitted an entry to be on a show called Doomsday Preppers in the first place. The only guy I've seen on that show with a chance of survival is the Spider Hole guy who trains his little Hitler youths to be survivalists. No offense if any of you know him. I actually liked that guy.

Evolver
08-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Hight Five on the training video Mista Gangsta! It's always nice to get free intel on how you punk ass gangsta's roll. :) It just validates what we all were already thinking of and... good luck to you on knowing what to do with that big ole bucket of mylared rice that you will be killing someone for. (The dumb ass gangtsa thought he was killing for a ready to eat Big Mac that was stashed way or something)
This is a good training video for all of us and thanks again Mista Gangsta!

2die4
08-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Didn't even get 3 minutes into it and the General is shouting about how she would like to see him react when she fires center mass (her shot group is tight!) while holding her weapon the right way not the "hood" way. :D God I love her.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Didn't even get 3 minutes into it and the General is shouting about how she would like to see him react when she fires center mass (her shot group is tight!) while holding her weapon the right way not the "hood" way. :D God I love her.

A family that shoots together, stays together. It's nice when "Homie da clown" gives away his game plans to us "stupid preppers". Besides we get to keep all his stuff, Guess he forgets about that too! Hope it never happens but if it does it will be interesting. By the way, WELCOME ABOARD!

Gunfixr
08-26-2012, 03:15 AM
I was at a neighbors house yesterday evening, we sit about, have a few drinks, and solve the worlds' problems.
Or just have a good laugh.

Anyway, we kinda got onto survival and a crash in general. They agree with this idiot, whatever preps and weapons we have won't matter, the gang bangers and other punks are just going to kill and eat us.
I told him they might eat him, but not me. If I were going to die at their hands, then I'd make quite sure they had to shoot me so full of lead before I gave up that I'd be way too crunchy to be edible.
Also, he thinks whatever is coming is at least 20yrs off, so we're good for quite awhile, he figures to never even see it.

izzyscout21
08-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Izzy swoops in for the thread de-rail..........

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/08/22/sideways_gun_sight.jpg
http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/19/1924/MLO9D00Z/posters/i-noticed-that-you-re-gangster-i-m-pretty-gangster-myself.jpg
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/i%2Bsee%2Byou%2Bre%2Bpretty%2Bgangster.%2Byo_7c5ca 1_3460098.jpg

For Grumpy:
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/I%2Bsee%2Byou%2Bre%2Ba%2Bgangster%2BI%2Bm%2Bpretty %2Bgangster%2Bmyself%2B_f47b7080caac478f5fcac06152 e16046.jpg

Gunfixr
08-26-2012, 04:44 AM
That's funny, seeing as how several times I've thought of actually doing a gun like that, just for giggles.
I'd do it on something cheap though, not expensive like a Glock.

Put it in the counter and see how many hits it gets.

ladyhk13
08-27-2012, 01:57 AM

Now she's the kind of gal that would fit right in here! Tell her come on board...would love to have her especially since we all know who she stores her shoes now! LOL!

2die4
08-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Now she's the kind of gal that would fit right in here! Tell her come on board...would love to have her especially since we all know who she stores her shoes now! LOL!

I tell her about this forum all the time. Maybe one day. I'm just grateful she understands the need to prep and is a crack shot too. Her OCD and efficiency come in handy in the prepping sense, especially when my ADD get me side tracked and I'm playing with the ammo and other shiny objects.

ladyhk13
08-30-2012, 06:06 AM
Well let her know she's got other girls who understand men with strange obsessions for shiney objects since we all have them.

Stormfeather
08-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Did someone say SHINY????

Sniper-T
08-30-2012, 11:02 AM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u278/Parabar/homer_simpson.jpg

Shiiiiii-neeeeee

eagle326
08-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Where's my sunglasses? Oh there they are ; Much better now.

2die4
08-30-2012, 08:59 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u278/Parabar/homer_simpson.jpg

Shiiiiii-neeeeee

LoL! Yup that's sums it up for me!

ak474u
08-30-2012, 09:24 PM
It's a running joke that I add ammo to every shopping list that my wife makes, like paper ones, the ones on her iPad, the ones on her laptop, I even slipped ammo coupons from dicks into her coupon book. Usually she catches it pretty fast, but she's called from the store a few times to let me know I wasn't getting ammo. I like shiny things too.

2die4
09-06-2012, 10:10 PM
When ever the General and I go out I try to pickup a box of ammo. Even though it's a more expensive way of doing it ten bucks for a box is less of a sticker shock than plopping several hundred dollars for ammo at one time.

ladyhk13
09-07-2012, 04:41 AM
It's a running joke that I add ammo to every shopping list that my wife makes, like paper ones, the ones on her iPad, the ones on her laptop, I even slipped ammo coupons from dicks into her coupon book. Usually she catches it pretty fast, but she's called from the store a few times to let me know I wasn't getting ammo. I like shiny things too.

That's usually me. I go into the sporting dept and say "gimmie 4 boxes of those, 4 boxes of those...uhmmm how many you got of those?? I'll take all of them" and then dh walks around the corner and says "I figured I would find you here. Always good timing on his part since I can't lift the stuff. :)

greg48
12-03-2012, 08:45 PM
this is the biggest reason networks and neighborhood defense plans are important, gonna be hard to stand alone...

robsdak
12-04-2012, 11:51 PM
WOW!!!! i hadn't seen this before. mainly because i don't necro-post and just hadn't got around to reading that far back.

i guess some are bound to think they can come and take. WOW!!!

again.... WOW!!! all i can say, need more bullets and stack'em like cord wood.

*** EDIT***

after sleeping on this and a little more thinking. i kinda knew that there are/were people like this, just didn't think they would be as stupid as to make a video about it. i didn't watch the whole thing, just pisses me off that 'gangs' think they can do as they like.. thankfully i don't live in an area that has a gang problem. but then again, i am sure, thinking about this more. that others may have this same mentality.

prepguide
12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
A couple of observations. First he is basing his assumptions from watching Doomsday Preppers, Mistake #1. Early on he talks about how four people can't defend 15 acres, no kidding. I don't need to defend the entire property every minutes of the day so mistake #2. Continuing on with that theme, does really think that his band of wanna be bangers will holdup in a serious firefight against people who know their own ground, have long range, optically enhanced ordnance many of whom are prior military? Mistake #3 and well I could go on and on but to be objective a large group of people attacking would present a tactical issue no doubt but again if they want to come into our AO, onto our property and then attack with the intent of trying to take what is OURS...bring it beotch ;)

izzyscout21
12-11-2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/world-affairs-board-pub/17201d1258434900-necropost-warning-necrokitten.jpg

mainly because i don't necro-post and just hadn't got around to reading that far back.

No really............it's ok here. Sometimes it helps bring back good discussion that's dropped by the wayside.

Jimmy24
12-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah, saw this clown somewhere else a while back.

He has no clue, just trying to be something he's not....intelligent....

Jimmy

Sniper-T
12-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Personally I like bringing back some old posts. A lot of topics were covered a long time ago, and it is nice to see some updates by the original posters, as well as re-opening the discussions for newer people. Everyones thoughts count, just because someone wasn't around here a year ago, doesn't mean they have nothing to add to a thread.

izzyscout21
12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Personally I like bringing back some old posts. A lot of topics were covered a long time ago, and it is nice to see some updates by the original posters, as well as re-opening the discussions for newer people. Everyones thoughts count, just because someone wasn't around here a year ago, doesn't mean they have nothing to add to a thread.

^^ This

apssbc
12-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Ive been around a short while and somehow I missed it too, its ok :) Watching this video annoyed me, I couldn't sit through the whole thing. However he is right on two points. Number one there will be gangs/groups/posse's of undesirables we will need to contend with. Number two we need to create our own groups because none of us can go it alone.

Now this guy is a giant asswipe and I really dont like him. Ive never seen the show, so let me know if im wrong. These people are broadcasting a little too much information, yet they are going to keep some of there defenses hidden from the public. He does not understand that his group of bangers will probably find some easy targets...but at some point they will find a group that has there ducks in a row. When they encounter multiple layers of defense, communities hell bent on keeping what they got they will loose. Sure we will take some casualties but they will loose that I am certain of.

My solution is to shoot them, and if they dont go down...its NSR time and we will keep shooting until they do.

David Armstrong
12-12-2012, 06:42 PM
He does not understand that his group of bangers will probably find some easy targets...but at some point they will find a group that has there ducks in a row.
And it is important to remember that works both ways. Lots of opponents that fit into the easy target banger model, but some groups have their ducks in a row. Don't assume that just because they are a gang-banger they are untrained, uneducated, or inexperienced. Lots of gangs have been sending members into the military to get trained, and a fair number of them have been fighting since they were little kids and have seen more gunfights than the typical GI. Bangers shouldn't think all preppers are easy targets, but preppers shouldn't think all bangers are easy takedowns either.

izzyscout21
12-12-2012, 06:49 PM
And it is important to remember that works both ways. Lots of opponents that fit into the easy target banger model, but some groups have their ducks in a row. Don't assume that just because they are a gang-banger they are untrained, uneducated, or inexperienced. Lots of gangs have been sending members into the military to get trained, and a fair number of them have been fighting since they were little kids and have seen more gunfights than the typical GI. Bangers shouldn't think all preppers are easy targets, but preppers shouldn't think all bangers are easy takedowns either.

Welcome to the forum, and spot on with your first post.

All too often, we become complacent because we think we have the upper hand. It's hard to perceive our opponent as anything but a knuckle dragging buffoon when we ourselves are so "prepared". Never underestimate your opponent, folks.

http://www.newson6.com/story/16949671/gangs-in-our-military
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/2011-national-gang-threat-assessment
http://www.yalelawjournal.org/the-yale-law-journal/note/gangs-in-the-military/
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/a/gangs.htm

Sniper-T
12-12-2012, 06:55 PM
And there-in lies the danger of stereotyping! Not all gang-bangers are useless sacks of shit; not everyone dressed in a uniform is military/LEO, nor honourable; not every asian knows martial arts; not every blue hair is senile.

Use your common sense, treat every situation as a danger until proven otherwise, Keep your eyes and ears open and your head down.

cwconnertx
12-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Estimates of the percentage of the population that are criminals (not including elected officials and bankers) range from 5-10%, and while during law and order we tolerate them, society may come down hard on them during a breakdown, where they will not earn a few months in prison for theft, but a quick bullet.

Of those 5-10%, only a few are really a part of the criminal type gang we might be talking about with real training and capable of presenting a real threat to those who are prepared, but even 1% or less of the population can be a real problem if you aren't prepared, so be ready, have a plan, and make sure you can work together with your community. Gangs can only prosper when there is not a strong community ready to stand against them, 1% can't defeat 99% if they choose to stand.

All that said about the gangs and criminals, normal folks with starving children can present just as real a threat, maybe more because there are more of them, and they don't appear as a typical threat, but some people will do anything when hungry enough. Many people are quite capable of significant horror when faced with stressful and threatening circumstances. And there are a whole lot more of them than criminal gangs, you can expect to encounter dangerous and hungry people a lot more often than a well prepared, armed, violent gang... you have to be prepared for both.

ElevenBravo
12-30-2012, 12:15 AM
This is why, I plan on being back up in the woods, somehwere, anywhere... The homies are too lazy to go far back enough to root me out. They would have alcohol jitters or reefer withdrawls before they cross the half way point.

Just sayin...

But seriously, he does have a valid point. If your not prepared for a hostile take over attempt, your pretty unprepped.

EB