PDA

View Full Version : Negligent discharge with injury

apssbc
07-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Hello all this post comes from a hospital bed. Earlier today I was dissembling my pistol I had cleared the gun but put the mag back in cause I was contouring the grip. Needless to say the gun went off...probably my finger in the trigger. I don't remember all those details.

Any who the gun fired. Next thing my fiancée is screaming. I got up to check on her and she had a gsw to the leg. Below the knee through and through. I controlled the bleeding with a few towels. Then she told me I was hit. I had a huge wound in my thigh pouring blood. I tried calling 911 but my phone wouldn't work due to being covered in blood. She called 911 and I went to get a tq and applied it stopping the bleeding. Then I realized my palm was destroyed too.

My co workers arrived and transported us to the trauma center. Luckily she's fine with a few small stitches. The bullet fragmented and she was struck with a 22 sized fragment.

As for me I lost about 500ml of blood. Through and through so I now have lots of stitches. No surgery needed though. Off work for a few weeks.

Moral of the story follow the rules of gun safety. know medical skills and stay calm. I have pics if y'all want to see them. Took them for training.

Stay safe all and thank god someone was watching us.

GunnerMax
07-30-2012, 09:31 AM
I am glad you both are OK. Stay safe.

Echo2
07-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Crap...sorry to hear it.

no live ammo in area when cleaning.....period.

Glad no one was killed.

ETA:

I am glad you and her are OK.....but damn man....you just gave the opposing side more statistics in their favor....not to mention pissing a bunch of folks off and turning more folks against guns. Damn......just damn.

Sniper-T
07-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Holy crap! Could have been much worse, glad you kept your head about you. (and too bad you didn't have it about you when you put a full mag in while cleaning!) :eek:

I'd be up for seeing some pics if no one objects

Glad you're both ok!

apssbc
07-30-2012, 10:49 AM
I know guys. I was contouring the grip. Put the mag in because it was part of it. And forgot I guess. Pisses me off cause I'm always so safe, some call me anal about it...just a huge brain fart. Knowing she got hit because of me is worse than the pain.

LUNCHBOX
07-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I understand you feel bad about what happened. How is the misses taking it? This can change someones perspective on how she might look at guns and that could be bad in the/your long run.

I know you feel bad, glad you guys are ok.

Pics also, private if needed.

apssbc
07-30-2012, 11:18 AM
She's fine with it still. Same with her family the're all saying accidents happen and for neither of us to change. I don't plan on it but I know what mistakes I'll never make again.

apssbc
07-30-2012, 11:23 AM
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/5e294713.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/b0c531d7.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/47db831e.jpg

Here's my wounds. Got no pics of hers. Tq was loosened by the doc. It was amazing to see the bleeding stop when I applied it.

The Stig
07-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Saw this originally over on LF. Thanks for posting it here.

Accidents with firearms can, and obviously do happen, so don't beat yourself up over it. Learn and drive on.

Sorry to hear about it bud.

You need us to call in Mitunnelrat to help with mowing the yard and household chores for a while? If so, pop smoke and I'll wind up the helo for the infill.

ETA: Thanks again for sharing this. It takes some chutzpa to post this online (let alone multiple forums) and risk the shit you'll catch to remind others about the inerrant danger of firearms.

izzyscout21
07-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Damn, dude.

Glad you are ok.

apssbc
07-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Haha thanks everyone. Stig I'll let you know, a helo infil could be fun ;). My dad already said he's gonna take care of it today. I'm gonna try walking for
The first time here soon.

I took the pics as a learning tool. I know I'll catch hell but it's worth it if it remind everyone to be careful.

Kodiak
07-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Glad you both are ok and praying for a speedy recovery.

bacpacker
07-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Shit I hate to hear that. Glad you are both gonna make it. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys.

helomech
07-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Wow, glad you are both okay.

JustAPrepper
07-30-2012, 01:57 PM
WOW! I'm so sorry to hear about this but glad it wasn't much worse! Dang. I hope you both recover quickly.

Onestep
07-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Damn dude x2.
Glad you two are going to be OK.

Gearhead
07-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Wow, man, that sucks!
I hope you two have a great recovery!

realist
07-30-2012, 07:04 PM
It sucks but I have to hand it to you most people would not say anything for fear of being made fun of, no I'm not. Glad you are okay. Thanks for the pictures. I have known a couple of people who have shot themselves and they were firearms instructors, not a pleasant experience. Since I teach I was wondering what was the make and caliber the handgun. Also what type of ammunition? Regarding the wound in the hand, so you did not have any bone damage, that is real lucky. Also thanks for the comment about the tourniquet. There are a lot of people who think that if you put on a tourniquet that you will lose that limb.

izzyscout21
07-30-2012, 07:07 PM
hey, Quick Draw.....

I want some of whatever ammo you are using.....2 casualties with one bullet...............nice.

apssbc
07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
It was a m&p 40 cal. 165 grain golden saber. Just a lil nerve damage to the hand that Is all.

Grumpy Old Man
07-30-2012, 07:46 PM
The Lord had his hand on you and yours for sure! Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery for you both. And thank you for the documentation.

Twitchy
07-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Geez! Glad your okay for the most part! That could have ended a lot worse! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

ladyhk13
07-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Dude...an AD. Wow. Looks like it's going to hurt for a while. Wait until you get off of the pain pills. That is just terrible and even though it is bad thank God it wasn't worse. As far as the nerve damage goes, ask your doc to put you on Lyrica for a while. It will help to heal the nerves and bring back the feeling. I had nerve surgery on my hand (actually in the exact place you shot yourself) last year and the doc told me it would take at least one year for me to get any feeling in the had back. I took 75 mg Lyrica 2x per day and it was about 100 percent healed in 5 months. He was amazed. I did have to ease the dosage up though because it made me feel really weird for the first couple of weeks. It's worth a try.

ak474u
07-31-2012, 03:56 AM
Yikes! I would say you really dodged a bullet by not being injured worse.... But I guess you didn't exactly dodge it. Looks painful, and sounds traumatic for the fiancée, hope you both get well soon. Just think, from now on, you'll have gun safety tattooed on your hand! As my grandpa used to say when I hurt myself.... "that'll learn ya"

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-31-2012, 04:23 AM
First off, glad you two are ok. Second, I'd quit using Gold Speer because the wound track doesn't look all that great. I'd expect a better rate of expansion. Third: Tell your Fiance to "Jethro Slap" your ass! You're lucky you didn't hit that femoral artery, eh? OK, now write an AAR and a half hour lesson to be given "by you" to the colony at 0800 tomorrow morning.

Be safe.................the night is your friend.

eagle326
07-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Very glad that you and her are okay. Hope this doesn't affect the gun issue. Sometimes in life no matter how careful we are there's that one split second of lapse of memory. Needless to say you both were lucky. I agree that by posting this along with pics I'm sure all of us in the colony will now make sure to take extra precautions.

Not everyone would speak of this let alone post pictures. I appreciate your honesty and coming forth in this matter. May we all learn from this as it could happen to any of us as we are only human. Praying you two heal up well. Take care.

apssbc
07-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Alright all I have some updates. I talked with the officer on scene today, will meet with a detective and the police chief to get my gun back within a few days. Just protocol stuff and no charges will be filed. Sounds like some part of the copper jacket split from the round and that's what hit Heather. I will try and get that and the casing back too. If not I'll settle for pics.

We got the blood cleaned up around the house. The fiancée is almost running around luckily her wound is pretty superficial. I cleaned mine and will post pics of the aftermath and scene. My guys from ems and fire stayed by and cleaned my house some which was awesome. Looks like I'll have 2 weeks off. Overall not too shabby for 24 hours after.

There's gonna be some serious scarring. You can see my hand is really fucked and will be a forever reminder.
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/9b42c1df.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/da42b92d.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/dc6bbe4d.jpg
Most of the blood was in my bedroom from me going to my ifak. There was spatter on the walls and y tv. Also found some tissue on my ceiling.
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/8e22219c.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/0190c9f9.jpg

Also I will now be working on guns in the basement where the only possibility of hurting anyone is me. And empty mags will be used if needed. Ammo will be placed in a locked area before work is begun. Also I think Im goung to build a bullet trap.

Stormfeather
07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Complacency is a mutherfucker isnt it. As an instructor myself, Ive had an ND. After that, I refuse to believe there is anything called a AD or accidental discharge. There is only negligence. While I am glad you are ok, and healing, and I wish the best for you and your fiancee, I hope this serves as a grim reminder to you and to all, what can happen when complacency sets in. Ive seen fingers shot off, legs punched thru and thru, and even witnessed a worse outcome when the person thought the "gun wasnt loaded". This was all from certified firearms instructors. Im not talking joe blow civilian, im talking instructors for military, law enforcement, NRA, IPSC, IDPA, and the whole gambit. Events like this happen because we become complacent on our firearms handling. As an instructor who has had a ND, I have the unique viewpoint, because I can say "Ive been there". Im not jumping on a high horse or soapbox, im being brutally honest, because when it comes to firearms, somebody has to not sugarcoat shit and say it like it is. You messed up son and it could have cost you your life, or the life of your fiancee. Next time you decide to drop a mag into a gun with live rounds, you best be getting ready to strap on.

Also I will now be working on guns in the basement where the only possibility of hurting anyone is me. And empty mags will be used if needed. Ammo will be placed in a locked area before work is begun. Also I think Im goung to build a bullet trap.

Any time you are doing any type of maintenance, your ammo gets put away. If you are doing contouring work, then buy yourself a damn extra mag, load it with snap caps, and paint the damn thing orange. If you cant afford snap caps or a secondary mag, message me and I will send you one loaded with snap caps for free. I would rather pay for a magazine loaded with snap caps than lose a member of the colony. You tracking what Im spitting out here?

For the record. . .

ND - anytime you stick your booger hook on the bang switch and it goes boom and you didnt mean for it to.
AD - a mechanical failure of the weapon system, which is still a ND, because if you maintained your weapon system, you would know when parts are going bad.

apssbc
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Yessir when I said if needed I mean If I need to use a mag for any reason. If it need it it will be empty.

I agree in everything you said. I called it a nd not a ad because I believe the same thing.

We were blessed by god with this situation. Could have been deadly. Thank got it wasn't.

izzyscout21
07-31-2012, 04:36 PM
. Second, I'd quit using Gold Speer because the wound track doesn't look all that great. I'd expect a better rate of expansion.

LMAO...........I was waiting for someone to say it.

Aaron,

Like I said before, I'm really glad you are ok. This will be a lesson you wont easily forget. It takes a lot of stones to publicly fess up to this one. I applaud your openness and willing to share.

On a side note, like I mentioned in my text.............I am so going to poke fun at you from now on............

Safety is nothing to joke around about, I don't want to take away from the lesson.............but I smell a new karma title soon....................

Echo2
07-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Have the cops done an investigation?

apssbc
07-31-2012, 05:21 PM
If you can't laugh about things then what's the point of living in my opinion. However the key is to laugh at it and still take the lessons away with it.

Echo it's all fine except for statements to the detective. It should be done soon.

apssbc
07-31-2012, 05:22 PM
The karma title could be interesting lol

Echo2
07-31-2012, 05:40 PM
If you can't laugh about things then what's the point of living in my opinion. However the key is to laugh at it and still take the lessons away with it.

Echo it's all fine except for statements to the detective. It should be done soon.

Cool....hope all ends well.....I would hope they don't try to hit you with anything silly.....Is there an ordinance in your AO about discharging a firearm?....have the police in the past been a bit eager to "confiscate" guns on BS incidents?

apssbc
07-31-2012, 06:16 PM
No pd here is conservative. No issues with that. The chief Said as long as it wasn't domestic, drugs or alcohol then I'd be good.

Stormfeather
07-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Yessir when I said if needed I mean If I need to use a mag for any reason. If it need it it will be empty.

I agree in everything you said. I called it a nd not a ad because I believe the same thing.

We were blessed by god with this situation. Could have been deadly. Thank got it wasn't.

I agree on all counts.

- - - Updated - - -

First off, glad you two are ok. Second, I'd quit using Gold Speer because the wound track doesn't look all that great. I'd expect a better rate of expansion.. . .

Speer GD's, have a really good expansion path, they rate right up there ith the hydra0shoks which are my preferred round. His round did have 3 levels of penetration, so that wasnt bad!

apssbc
07-31-2012, 08:00 PM
My round was a Remington golden saber.

helomech
07-31-2012, 08:06 PM

One of my favorite rounds. This is after being recovered from a wild hog.It may not be the best out there, but it opens up great, is VERY cheap to reload, and does a good job on hogs.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/helomech1973/IMG_1672.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/helomech1973/guns/P6020014.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/helomech1973/guns/P6020015.jpg

apssbc
07-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks I am getting the bullet back soon, it will be turned into a necklace as a reminder forever, casing also. From what the officer who is a close friend said there recovered a small chunck which spit off...sounds like part of the copper casing broke off and hit the fiancee.

ak474u
07-31-2012, 09:14 PM
I'd put a tattoo on that hand scar that looks like a "Safety First" sign from a factory. Geez, I can't stop looking at that wound, you got lucky. I don't even like to cycle ammo thru a gun when I'm replacing an extractor etc for fear it'll decide to cook off a round in my apartment and send it 3 or 4 doors down thru somebody's tv, and their prize chihuahua or their kid.

apssbc
07-31-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm going to build a bullet trap for that reason. Some 6" PVC, sand, and foam. It would be nice.

Gunfixr
07-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Wow, miss a day, miss the world.
Anyway, glad to see you will both be ok.

You play with guns long enough, one will go bang when you least expect it. In 27yrs I've had 2 NDs, with the first having personal injury.
Both were just stupid, and a lack of attention, read complacency.
Learn from it, and go on. You will not ever forget this.
I always tell new gun customers at the shop: While all of the gun safety rules are very important, there is one that you absolutely must adhere to, if you feel that you can neglect any. That is to not point the muzzle at anything you are not willing to destroy.
Yes, they are all important, but if the muzzle is never pointed anywhere you'd be afraid to get shot, even if you fail on the others and get that unexpected bang, nobody gets hurt.

I did have an AD only about a year ago. A customers gun, brought in for cleaning. It was a semiautomatic shotgun. After cleaning, I took it out back for a test fire. Now, upon inspection during reassembly, everything appeared ok. I loaded the tube, and racked the bolt. It hung on closing, and I rolled it over to palm the bolt closed. When it closed, it fired all 3 rds loaded, without me ever getting near the trigger. As I only actually had one hand loosely on the gun, it flew backward while firing, landing about 10ft behind me, muzzle pointed at me.
Somehow I did not get gutshot by it, or even grazed.
Turns out there had been some "polishing" on the sear, revealed by closer inspection.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-01-2012, 02:58 AM

Oops, I stand corrected, but I'm laughing as we speak about Stormfeather's comment. "His round did have 3 levels of penetration, so that wasn't bad!"
Yes, I use the Hydroshoks as well. Hornady has a new one out, picked some up for the P230. Have a better penetration through material before expanding (so they say) Doesn't snag all the garbage keeping the expansion uniform. Hmmmm? But I just hope you both heal up nice'n good like. I know what nerve damage is like from having your flesh rearranged for ya. Tattoo? Necklace? Go for it! Worst that could happen is PTSD all fricken nightmares and then you'll sell me all your guns! Yay! Seriously, are you guys healin up pretty good, you need anything? Let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Be safe...............the night is your friend.

apssbc
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Haha thanks guys. I was discussing the expansion properties with the trauma doc. He told me there were better ways to test it :). We're doing really well actually. I got some ugly ass wounds but have been moving around pretty good actually. She's moving great. My hand scares me because it's really bad, healing ugly but it's all good. Thanks for the offer guys well keep it in mind. So far were charging on just fine. Family has been over alot helping out.

izzyscout21
08-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Haha thanks guys. I was discussing the expansion properties with the trauma doc. He told me there were better ways to test it :).

"APSSBC.............ballistics gel and dummies be damned..........I'm doing this myself......."

eagle326
08-01-2012, 12:21 PM
APSSBC .......... The Dirty Harry of pain. :p

apssbc
08-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Haha love it guys! That's so funny. I really liked those.

Echo2
08-01-2012, 12:51 PM
got a small nick while shaving....

Sniper-T
08-01-2012, 01:01 PM
leg or armpit?

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/nest.gif

apssbc
08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
So I asked heather did i load five rounds or six, you feeling lucky...well are ya punk.

Turns out Russian roulette is a little more dangerous with a semi auto.

Thank you everyone I'll be here all week ;)

Gearhead
08-01-2012, 01:31 PM
So I asked heather did i load five rounds or six, you feeling lucky...well are ya punk.

Turns out Russian roulette is a little more dangerous with a semi auto.

Thank you everyone I'll be here all week ;)

You're lucky she ain't putting you out on the curb. :P

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2

apssbc
08-01-2012, 01:52 PM
To be honest were closer now than ever. I think its because we responded to it as well as two people who have been shot can handle it. Im very proud of how her and I worked together in such a high stress situation. Many patients lay there bleeding out waiting for help to come, we fought like the dickens to make sure that didnt happen, luckily her wounds were minor, If I would have waited theres a good chance I could have died. By the time I placed the tq I lost close to 1000 ml of blood according to ems and pics of the scene. It took less than 4 minutes for ems, fire, and first responders to arrive from the time of call. That means maybe 5 minutes from shooting to arrival of ambulances. We had our bleeding controlled and woounds dresseds before they arrived and we sat there waiting.

Her scream haunts me...thats the worst of the mental aspect for me. She is still fine with guns, and we are using her walther as a backup gun for now. However loud noises scare her a little now. Not thinking I was throwing out a plastic bag and popped it, she flipped out a little trying to figure out what happened, took a while to calm her. I think well recover perfectly mentally and physically with time.

Finally shes opening up and joking about it like I am. As Ive said before you have to laugh about things otherwise you go crazy. So feel free to joke because I enjoy a good laugh even if its at my own expense ;)

Sniper-T
08-01-2012, 01:58 PM
You might want to get out shooting as soon as you are able. get her used to the loud noises again, and feeling like she is controlling the gun, not vice-versa

Evolver
08-01-2012, 02:39 PM
This is my first time reading all of this and I commend you Apssbc for posting this. Most people would never have admitted to it and if they did they would have embellished the story to protect they're dignity. Like others have said this is a learning experience for all of us unfortunately at your expense but shit always will happen and how we react to it happening is what matters.
I'm glad all is well with you and your and thank you for shearing. Every one of us will be thinking of what happened to you the next time and any time we handle a firearm.

bacpacker
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear your lady is dealing with it so well, and you. The way you all reacted at the time says a lot for your training and state of mind. Thanks for sharing and again glad all is working out well.

mitunnelrat
08-01-2012, 04:42 PM
"APSSBC.............ballistics gel and dummies be damned..........I'm doing this myself......."

FTW

(and just so people don't think I'm being a total jerk, I addressed the niceties on this via text, so I now feel free to, shall we say, "poke the wound") ;)

MegaCPC
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
To be honest were closer now than ever. I think its because we responded to it as well as two people who have been shot can handle it. Im very proud of how her and I worked together in such a high stress situation. Many patients lay there bleeding out waiting for help to come, we fought like the dickens to make sure that didnt happen, luckily her wounds were minor, If I would have waited theres a good chance I could have died. By the time I placed the tq I lost close to 1000 ml of blood according to ems and pics of the scene. It took less than 4 minutes for ems, fire, and first responders to arrive from the time of call. That means maybe 5 minutes from shooting to arrival of ambulances. We had our bleeding controlled and woounds dresseds before they arrived and we sat there waiting.
At least you got some valuable real world practice and experience!

Here's to a speedy recovery for the both of you.

Twitchy
08-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Hey, now when your on scene of a GSW and tell the guy I know how it feels, you aint lieing to him! and have the scars to prove it! Glad everything is working itself out with relative ease!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Hey, now when your on scene of a GSW and tell the guy I know how it feels, you aint lieing to him! and have the scars to prove it! Glad everything is working itself out with relative ease!
You'd be surprised how much it eases a victims mind, reduces shock symptoms and their overall sense of well being. And good for a chuckle. Especially when you can say, "That's not so bad, look at this, it went through my hand and into my thigh and then hit my wife! Top that! and she ain't even pissed!"

Be safe...........the night is your friend.

Twitchy
08-02-2012, 05:17 AM
You'd be surprised how much it eases a victims mind, reduces shock symptoms and their overall sense of well being. And good for a chuckle. Especially when you can say, "That's not so bad, look at this, it went through my hand and into my thigh and then hit my wife! Top that! and she ain't even pissed!"

Be safe...........the night is your friend.

lmao, good point!

Stormfeather
08-02-2012, 12:49 PM

You can always tell the .mil guys. . . this is how they think! FTW Izzy, definitely FTW!

apssbc
08-02-2012, 02:02 PM
I agree guys. I try not to say I know how you feel unless I actually do.

I agree izzy gets the win! That statement us gsw victim approved.

Grumpy Old Man
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
I agree guys. I try not to say I know how you feel unless I actually do.

I agree izzy gets the win! That statement us gsw victim approved.

You know that if you had waited a couple of days to post this AAR you'd have for sure won the August thread of the month, don't you?

I'm glad you and your fiancee are recovering well! And the AAR was great, even if a trifle early for a prize. My old thesis adviser told me once that if I wasn't breaking something I wasn't learning anything, thanks for sharing your lesson.

apssbc
08-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I thought it was august first....you know the pain meds made me screw up....its not my fault...I really thought it was august lol

mitunnelrat
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Sure sure... I think its more likely the pain meds had you confusing august with "aghast"

Twitchy
08-02-2012, 09:16 PM
I'd vote honorary thread of the month!

Sniper-T
08-02-2012, 09:18 PM
And if you didn't take any meds before the injury... what confused you between 'loaded' and 'un-loaded'?

;)

eagle326
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
And if you didn't take any meds before the injury... what confused you between 'loaded' and 'un-loaded'?

;)

He was Dazed and Confused by a great looking pair of LEGS. :o

Sniper-T
08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
MINE? from the Saloon??? I better take that pic down before he seriously hurts someone!!

:rolleyes:

bwahahahaha

apssbc
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
HAHAHA awesome guys. I wish I could blame a moments inattention on meds, I'd feel less stupid :)

Evolver
08-03-2012, 12:11 AM
No need to feel stupid and thanks again for shearing. :)

eagle326
08-03-2012, 12:38 AM
HAHAHA awesome guys. I wish I could blame a moments inattention on meds, I'd feel less stupid :)

You could always plead that you were in a liberal state of mind at that moment.
But then you'd have to shoot yourself again for going to the other side and endangering humanity. :o :rolleyes:

apssbc
08-03-2012, 12:59 AM
You know what Im going to sue Smith and Wesson for not putting a sign on the trigger stating if you pull this it will go boom. Remington for making dangerous ammo. The Military and Police (all of them since its in the name of the gun). The manufacturer of the sectional couch because it put her in a angled spot for her to take the hit. The ems for taking 3 minutes to get there, and what the hell my parents because I wasnt taught better.

Damnit that was a paragraph of liberal mindset. Gonna have to test a few more rounds...anyone want to suggest some SD rounds?

eagle326
08-03-2012, 01:06 AM
You know what Im going to sue Smith and Wesson for not putting a sign on the trigger stating if you pull this it will go boom. Remington for making dangerous ammo. The Military and Police (all of them since its in the name of the gun). The manufacturer of the sectional couch because it put her in a angled spot for her to take the hit. The ems for taking 3 minutes to get there, and what the hell my parents because I wasnt taught better.

Damnit that was a paragraph of liberal mindset. Gonna have to test a few more rounds...anyone want to suggest some SD rounds?

Please don't make us have to send Izzy and Stormfeather to do an Intervention on your behalf. The last fellow is still taking therapy for that one. The boys are good ; But just a litttttttle intense at times. They mean good though and have a kind heart. :eek::eek:

Evolver
08-03-2012, 01:06 AM
^^^ too good and I will say... your all right in my book! :)

bacpacker
08-03-2012, 01:52 AM

Hell if you win all those, where is your new BOL gonna be? I'm sure you'll need some strong backs.

mitunnelrat
08-03-2012, 01:58 AM
I know for a fact that he already knows at least one guy that isn't very smart but is able to lift heavy things.

bacpacker
08-03-2012, 02:15 AM
Yeah but you need a back up. Remember 2 is 1, 1 is none. :)

apssbc
08-03-2012, 03:13 AM
Fuck it well do it live!! He said before discharging his firearm ;)

mitunnelrat
08-03-2012, 03:29 AM
LMAO! You NEED that patch now!

ak474u
08-03-2012, 04:56 AM
LMAO! You NEED that patch now!

Or... Short Bus Door Gunner... I'm just sayin'

Stormfeather
08-03-2012, 11:01 AM
So, I gotta ask. . . . how hard is it to rub one out now with all the hand damage?

Sniper-T
08-03-2012, 11:39 AM
^
bwahahahaha

apssbc
08-03-2012, 01:10 PM
No need to run one out when she still loves me enough to make that a non issue.....wish I knew how to make a devil smiley ;).

I have a retard meter patch. Going to get a f it patch for me. I'm also going to look for a I'm with stupid patch for her kit.

izzyscout21
08-03-2012, 01:34 PM
No need to run one out when she still loves me enough to make that a non issue.....wish I knew how to make a devil smiley ;).

I have a retard meter patch. Going to get a f it patch for me. I'm also going to look for a I'm with stupid patch for her kit.

1st: TMI

2nd: may be able to make the patch happen...............

apssbc
08-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Ok I got the gun, and all my items back today. Theres plenty of blood on the gun, apparently I cleared the weapon after the shooting before pd arrived. I cant say I remember doing that but the police report and pics show it cleared. I plan on getting the scene photots on cd along with the 911 call.
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/235e4d8f.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/7cd95098.jpg

The round was not a fragment as I was initially told. The jacket seperated from the lead, and it sounds like the lead hit my better half. However the trajectory shows that after it went through me, it was in a downward and away from me direction. Then it turned up and to the left and hit her. The jacket is all bent to hell but it looks like weight retention was good, I dont see any missing hunks or anything.
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/767b6948.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/02070804.jpg
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu198/emmettfire45/b6a1de13.jpg

Gearhead
08-04-2012, 03:44 AM
Ignoring the few posts before...
What were you doing messing with the grip on an M&P? You need that short bus door gunner patch, my friend.

Sent from my BRODEVICE using MobileBro2

apssbc
08-04-2012, 02:06 PM
I was going to contour it to my hand, undercut the trigger guard and stipple it. That's a good patch idea lol.

Gearhead
08-04-2012, 04:47 PM
I'd just use a large backstrap with a bit of stippling on it, as well as the frontstrap. That's what I use.

Sincerely, a fellow M&P user.

ak474u
08-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Here's your patch

http://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail.php?prod=HSG-PATCH-SBDG

izzyscout21
08-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Jelly Legs: The Hammerhead wielding human ballistics dummy!

coming soon to a forum near you.............

apssbc
08-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Muahahaha, thats awesome. I need that patch, a I'm with stupid patch, and F it lets do it live patch. Im convinced I will have these three on top of my retard meter one.

Izzy I love it!!

Vodin
08-05-2012, 04:42 AM
I am an optimist. All of the accidents I have had I look at em like this.

They are learning experiences. If you look at them as a detriment they will hinder your progression in life.

I am glad this experience didn't kill anyone that would have been the hardest lesson to learn.

apssbc
08-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Stitches are out, taking it easy a few more days then Ill be back to full duty at the Fire Dept and EMS on the 14th. Two weeks off and I didnt loose any pay. Horray for PTO time.

The fiancee is doing great also. More worried about her scars now than anything, I had to buy her some expensive ass scar cream to keep her legs "Pretty" <-Her words

ak474u
08-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Stitches are out, taking it easy a few more days then Ill be back to full duty at the Fire Dept and EMS on the 14th. Two weeks off and I didnt loose any pay. Horray for PTO time.

The fiancee is doing great also. More worried about her scars now than anything, I had to buy her some expensive ass scar cream to keep her legs "Pretty" <-Her words

Next time you are at the ER with a patient, ask if they have an Enterostomal Therapist on staff ( wound care nurse) and if they do, see if you can sweet talk some Mederma out of them. My sister took a softball to the left orbit of her face, and it split wide open, she wore the Mederma scar pad on her face when she wasn't in public, and you cannot see the scar at all. It works really well. My mom is an ET, and swears by it. If you can't find the clinical strength non Walgreens version, I may be able to get you some but it'll be September before I see my mom.

bacpacker
08-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Great Info Ak. Thanks

apssbc
08-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the info, I will look into it for future use. The doc sent us to get something thats supposedly better than mederma and only 10 bucks more. Its called kelo-cote

ak474u
08-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the info, I will look into it for future use. The doc sent us to get something thats supposedly better than mederma and only 10 bucks more. Its called kelo-cote

It'll never work! Ok, it probably will. Good luck with the healing, I think I used that stuff when my best friend vandalized my forehead during a drunken rock fight and I got 17 stitches in my melon, can't see the scar, but it ruined my forehead modeling career. Lol

apssbc
08-09-2012, 01:25 AM
I know what your saying, my leg modeling days are done. Unlike her I dig the scars, I have so many they are a mark of growing up and learning.

Echo2
08-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Wisdom does not come from good decisions.

izzyscout21
08-09-2012, 02:35 AM
I never tried the cream. I had steroid injections into all my scars.........you wanna talk about painful................

msomnipotent
08-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Wisdom does not come from good decisions.

Bad decisions make for good stories. I love a good story.

Seriously, I'm glad things are working out. I saw this while on vacation and the internet connection was so crappy that I couldn't get a post through after 10 tries. It looks painful for both of you.