PDA

View Full Version : Mini cows

Taz Baby
08-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Just received this link and thought I would share. For those who need beef and milk and everything that goes with a full size cow but doesn't have the land for them. Try these are for size.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Sustainable-Farming/Small-Breed-Milk-Cows.aspx
http://www.motherearthnews.com/uploadedImages/articles/online_articles/2009-08-01/Miniature-Jerseys1.jpg

ladyhk13
08-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Thanks Taz. This was a great article. It's probably sitting in my Inbox but you made it easy for me to read it (there are almost 12,000 emails in my inbox now) since I just can't keep up. I just love these little guys and can't wait to get 2 of them. A steer and cow. They can do whatever is natural. If she gets pregnant we can always sell the calf.

bacpacker
08-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Very cool cows. I didn't know they were so expensive. Even so, they would be nice for a small group. Just a head of cattle as the group enlarges.

ladyhk13
08-06-2012, 06:05 AM
I am sooooooooooo lucky that my bestest friend fell into a deal where she was just given a herd and so she is going to sell us a couple from what will be bred when we are ready. I'm sure I'll get a super deal. If she actually decides to do more breeding and sell them I can get any of you local here in central TN in touch with her and you can work out a deal. It would probably be a win/win situation. She told me today that she thinks two of the cows are pregnant right now.

helomech
08-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Why are these better than goats?

carolinasurvivalist
08-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks Taz. This was a great article. It's probably sitting in my Inbox but you made it easy for me to read it (there are almost 12,000 emails in my inbox now) since I just can't keep up. I just love these little guys and can't wait to get 2 of them. A steer and cow. They can do whatever is natural. If she gets pregnant we can always sell the calf.

Don't get a steer if you want a calf;)

Dropy
08-06-2012, 01:52 PM
O COOL. They already come in a quarter pounder size!

Grumpy Old Man
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM

You'll need a bull if you want your heifer to calve. Steers shoot blanks as they are missing two vital organs!

piranha2
08-07-2012, 12:06 AM
You'll need a bull if you want your heifer to calve. Steers shoot blanks as they are missing two vital organs!

They can't even shoot at all.

rentprop1
08-07-2012, 03:14 AM
Looks like coyote food around these parts

ladyhk13
08-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Why are these better than goats?

We personally don't like goat milk and dh doesn't like them as pets so for us they have no use.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get a steer if you want a calf;)

Duh...I'm a dork. Yup I need a bull.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like coyote food around these parts

We have lots of them here too...as well as bob cats but if ya get a donkey or or one of those types of guard animals there will be no problem.