PDA

View Full Version : Scenes from the new Red Dawn (Not recognized by the Stig)

izzyscout21
08-04-2012, 07:33 PM
The Stig rejects this movie soundly.............

I on the other hand.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJTO3znd9os

Stg1swret
08-04-2012, 07:36 PM
North Korea, seriously now, I too have to reject this movie.

izzyscout21
08-04-2012, 07:39 PM
While I would have preferred to see China in this movie, it is an update to an oldie. As such, I think making Korea the aggressor falls in line with current events..............

Stg1swret
08-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Have to disagree with you Izzy. How the hell would they get here? China would make much more sense , since they have a blue water navy, and own enough of our debt to make such a gambit plausable.

Echo2
08-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I'll go see it...:)

izzyscout21
08-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Have to disagree with you Izzy. How the hell would they get here? China would make much more sense , since they have a blue water navy, and own enough of our debt to make such a gambit plausable.

It's a movie. I don't care how they get there, as long as we kick the shit out of them once they are here.:o

I agree that China would make more sense, from a logistical standpoint anyway, but let's not take N. Korea off the table as a threat. Bottom line is, they are one......a big one.........
N Korea is a country that devotes the majority of their income into military tech while they let their people starve. Who knows what kind of toys and tech they have that we dont know about. Oh.....and they hate us big time.......and they are always taking an aggressive posture.....like a pitbull with that little pink thing hanging out. At least China plays it cool every so often.

Just going out on a limb here...........If they WERE able to somehow invade TODAY..........right this second...............how effective of an organized defense do you think we could mount? Not much of one, as most of our combat assets are forward stationed or deployed right now.

In all reality, however, it's just a movie. I'm gonna see it. Reality be damned!;)

The Stig
08-04-2012, 11:05 PM
There are many things I admire about Brother Izzy.

His support of this movie is not one of them.

Echo2
08-05-2012, 12:41 AM

If it could inspire folks in the same way the original did for our generation.....so be it.

Battle on domestic soil is a scary proposition....don't really think they'll be foreign though....

Note the tag line....:)

izzyscout21
08-05-2012, 01:34 AM

I like any movie with gunplay...........even cheesy ones.

Remember everyone, this was originally supposed to feature China as the aggressors............

However at the time the flick was scheduled to release, we weren't on very good terms....SO, the movie was put on hold and the bad guys were changed to N. Korea............nobody likes N. Korea except North Korea

ladyhk13
08-05-2012, 03:48 AM
I loved that movie!!!! Oh and if we got invaded I think the only state that could mobilize and kick some serious butt enough to take care of themselves would be Texas. Think about it...Active Military bases, Reserves, and Border Patrol, Texas National Guard, the Texas Air National Guard. Everybody has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, they can raise an Army in 24 hours if they need one. If the situation really gets bad, they can always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over the Texas Rangers.

Vodin
08-05-2012, 04:27 AM
It is a possibility.

Think about this a moment. China dreads North Korea in the sense that they are just more mouths to feed. What if China supplies the transportation to North Korea to America. And what they control will provide food.

The North Koreans actually defect to China since it is 'better' there. China would be able to stop this since they have issues feeding their own.

Yes it is unlikely but its a movie.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-05-2012, 05:03 AM
I guess I'm looking at it in a completely different way. I seem to seeing allot of Survival, off-grid, zombie killing, U S invading, movies and series on TV and the box office lately. Terra X, Fallen Skies, Walking Dead, Revelation, think we are getting prepped by our own government? Obama's turning us into a third world country getting us vulnerable for invasion. All these neat little flicks do is get the thinkers primed and the sheep saying "great movie" and going home to their humble abode. Just seems funny this all happening over the last 2 years. When does Jupiter align with Mars again? But uh, yeah, I'd go see the movie, still loved the first one. They don't know how to make movies anymore so they gotta remake old ones. But some movies you just don't mess with.....i could make a list but I won't.

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

ak474u
08-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Ehh, I'll go see it, or rent it. I think it would be hard to beat the first one, although it certainly had its cheesy elements as well. I was hoping the next installment in the "Tommorow When The War Began" franchise would be coming out. The first one was a good setup for lots more.

Twitchy
08-05-2012, 05:41 AM
I'll see it most likely... NK is a bit far fetched invasion wise, but i digress... China threw a fit when they discovered they were going to be the original aggressors so they had to change it...

Gunfixr
08-05-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd go see it. It's a movie, made for entertainment purposes.

I agree with BRR, for a long time Hollywood has put out things which later became events, or similar.

'Cept for zombies, at least.

bacpacker
08-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Loved the first one, I'll catch this one when it comes out in DVR. It's probably not realistic, but just substitute the country of your choice for the NK's. With so many of our troops out of the country at any given time. It does make me wonder how well we could react to something like this. Like BRR, movies have a way of showing you stuff in advance of it happening. I keep my eye out for shit like that, cause you just never know.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Loved the first one, I'll catch this one when it comes out in DVR. It's probably not realistic, but just substitute the country of your choice for the NK's. With so many of our troops out of the country at any given time. It does make me wonder how well we could react to something like this. Like BRR, movies have a way of showing you stuff in advance of it happening. I keep my eye out for shit like that, cause you just never know.

Dude, you said "shit"! I'm just saying it's peculiar is all, maybe just me, but 2 years ago I was busting my ass trying to all of the episodes of Jericho and I was pissed! I still haven't seen how it ends. I was really enjoying that one, allot of uh, similarities..........Blackhawk, Private Mercs.......Black water. etc. How about how the country was split up?

OK, Hokiest scene for Red dawn
When Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheene see their dad (Harry Dean Stanton) held in the "detention camp" and he yells "avenge me boys, avenge me!" and they're crying on the fence. Worst crying acting ever.

Be safe...............the night is your friend.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Ehh, I'll go see it, or rent it. I think it would be hard to beat the first one, although it certainly had its cheesy elements as well. I was hoping the next installment in the "Tommorow When The War Began" franchise would be coming out. The first one was a good setup for lots more.

Not familiar with this, could you elaborate, please?

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

Stg1swret
08-06-2012, 12:39 PM
"Tomorrow When The War Began" , takes place in Australia. Bunch of friends go camping in the outback, you can pretty much start substituting 'Red Dawn" after that as the plot. Not a bad flick.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Guess I'll have to look it up and check it out, thanks for the recommendation. Could always use a motivator, or something for my wife to critique!:rolleyes:

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Gunfixr
08-06-2012, 08:30 PM
On a similar note, several FPS video games lately have involved fighting here in the US.
One, Homefront, involved the US being invaded by North Korea, no less. It came out a couple years ago, and was set with the NK leader dying, and being replaced by his crazy son.
Then last year, NKs leader did die, and was replaced by his son.

piranha2
08-07-2012, 02:40 AM
I will watch it. Lots of shoot em up.

izzyscout21
08-11-2012, 09:44 PM
i will watch it. Lots of shoot em up.

bingo

rentprop1
08-12-2012, 03:35 AM
word on the street was someone jacked my avatar and it was used on a WANTED poster in the movie, will have to watch and see ??

ehughes1488
08-13-2012, 12:30 AM
I think it will be pretty good, though N. Korea could never pull something like this off. It will not be near as good as the original though.

piranha2
08-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Nothing will match the original.

bacpacker
08-13-2012, 01:14 AM
It's a rare thing that they original is ever topped.

realist
08-13-2012, 01:43 AM
It just aint the same when they remake one...............I'll watch it anyway

Sniper-T
08-13-2012, 05:07 PM
meh! NK, China, Arabs, Irish, Smurfs, aliens, machines... who cares...

The premise of the movie is a good one, and there should be some good info to be gleaned from it. Why write off a movie just because it isn't 'plausable'? Watch it for the entertainment factor alone.

That's like not seeing a chick flick on 'principle' and needlessly missing out on some gratuitous nudity.

IMO

izzyscout21
08-14-2012, 12:40 PM
meh! NK, China, Arabs, Irish, Smurfs, aliens, machines... who cares...

The premise of the movie is a good one, and there should be some good info to be gleaned from it. Why write off a movie just because it isn't 'plausable'? Watch it for the entertainment factor alone.

That's like not seeing a chick flick on 'principle' and needlessly missing out on some gratuitous nudity.

IMO

LMAO..............

Grumpy Old Man
08-14-2012, 09:46 PM
All I can say is that they will have to go a long way to find actors of the caliber of Ben Johnson, Harry Dean Stanton and Powers Booth. Not to mention the lovely Jennifer Grey and Lea Thompson. Then you've got Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen to boot. Sorry, but Hollywierd remakes are seldom as good as the original.
But what do I know? I am after all, just a Grumpy Old Man.

slowz1k
09-18-2012, 04:07 PM
The OP Link appears to be dead, but there is a pretty good trailer out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoe7BdGdlg&feature=related

Twitchy
09-19-2012, 02:44 AM
Whoa... lot different from the original... Should be an interesting movie!

izzyscout21
09-19-2012, 03:08 AM
It's starting to look pretty good...........

LUNCHBOX
09-19-2012, 03:47 AM
Like Grumpy stated "remakes are seldom as good as the originals" but I did like how they changed it to a more urban conflict. It only shows how times have changed (gone from woods/open field fighting to city/urban fighting) It does seem to have the action to keep someone watching even if it turns out to be a different movie.