PDA

View Full Version : Spogit key....everyone should have one...

Echo2
08-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Just in case....a lot of commercial buildings have many spigots....but they are useless unless you have one....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFj3WyJj3aqE4GkP2OMkBXOFwkuS5aS fYF1TUQ_gm18E08f4xS3g

And if it is a multi story building....it will have some water pressure...even if the water/power is out.

Just a suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW....a set of vice grips and a inverted socket will work in a pinch.

Gunfixr
08-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Ok, so where might I acquire on of these?
Here in the "big city", commercial buildings are in abundance.

GunnerMax
08-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Any hardware store has them. Try TruValue hardware. My CRKT Eat'n tool has a thing for those, and my Leatherman MUT can also be used in a pinch

Echo2
08-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Yup...most any hardware store will have them.

BTW....the one on the CRKT will not work on the security ones....you need the socket type.

Gunfixr
08-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Not really any TruValue hardware stores around here anymore, been run out by Home Depot and Lowes.
However, there is one in a town just up the road a bit from the shop.
Been there almost a hundred years.

Echo2
08-09-2012, 03:03 AM
You ever get around the Roanoke/Salem area?

Gunfixr
08-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Not in some time.
Planning a winter hunt in Dec., over by Bassett. Got a friend that way. Be up in Fairystone State Park, I think. He plans it, I just show and follow him.
He finds the "magic week" where pretty much everything that wears fur or hair is in season. It'll be a week long camp.
I believe that's south of Roanoke.

Echo2
08-09-2012, 03:16 AM
Not in some time.
Planning a winter hunt in Dec., over by Bassett. Got a friend that way. Be up in Fairystone State Park, I think. He plans it, I just show and follow him.
He finds the "magic week" where pretty much everything that wears fur or hair is in season. It'll be a week long camp.
I believe that's south of Roanoke.

Yup...if you haven't located one by then....holler at me.

slowz1k
08-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I have to agree with Echo, this is a good tool to have for those of us who work in the city. I keep mine in my GHB. It's heavy for what it is, but I think it's worth it's weight.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/slowz1k/Silcock.jpg